Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Packers won the Super Bowl!

https://twitter.com/MST3K/status/688055414521344000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Back to the Satellite of Love: Joel Hodgson talks the behind the scenes journey back to Mystery Science Theater 3000

What era do you think will most movies be coming from?

Joel Hodgson posted:

A couple answers there. Since we’re putting in an all-new cast, I want the movies to feel somewhat familiar. We don’t have anything from the ‘50s or ‘60s. Maybe one. But I am hesitant to...I have strong feelings about trying to profile the movies just because I feel we’d never done that on MST. We never, ever billboarded what the movies are going to be. There is a really good reason for that; the MST experience is you are going to see movies you had probably never seen before. That’s really good because comedy works best when there’s surprise. If I start billboarding, then everyone is going to go watch those movies. But I understand what you’re saying. Mystery Science Theater works with anything, and we’re constantly going to be swimming upstream. The only thing it hinges on is licensing the movies, and the cost of that.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Weren't these guys the most annoying part of the MST3K Telethon 2015?

e: "Yep, that's roosterteeth"

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Oh yeah, you're right, those were Game Grumps

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

CrimsonAuthor posted:

I imagine they can release it much faster now than previous live shows since all the content was fair use/public domain.

The kickstarter reward description for a $50 pledge says:

quote:

a digital download of the RIFFTRAX LIVE: MST3K REUNION ... will be delivered on the MST Reunion Digital Release Date (approximately 60 days after that Live Show.)

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

For those curious what Frank and Trace are up to these days:

https://twitter.com/FrankConniff/status/753248060642304000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Ensign_Ricky posted:

This is a pretty solid show. Plus you get Trace and Frank reminiscing over MST3k, which is really cool.

Just finished the first episode, and I agree, it's pretty solid and enjoyable. I hope they continue doing it. I had to sit through an awful movie though, and wouldn't it be great if the Rifftrax lineup for the next year of live shows included "ID4: Resurgence" instead of another Sharknado.

happyhippy posted:

One massive DVD/Blueray collection.
All 10 seasons. All KTMA episodes.
For $99.95.

be still, my beating heart

Re: announcement

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 23, 2016

• Locked thread