Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Angepain posted:

The hell is bob on about

No True Conservative Would Wear A Nanny State MASK!!

He's oddly fixated on hating.them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Angepain posted:

The hell is bob on about

I guess he's decided Boris is a fascist dictator rather than a real conservative.

https://twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1304469163310809089?s=20

[e] He RT'd this
https://twitter.com/Albion_Rover/status/1303834648645120005?s=20

Hillary 2024 fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 12, 2020

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Private Speech posted:

No True Conservative Would Wear A Nanny State MASK!!

He's oddly fixated on hating.them.

Masks are the easiest thing to do to reduce the impact of Covid-19 at least a little bit, so they're in fact very useful. So it makes sense that Bob thinks the exact opposite, as he's an idiot who's always wrong

e: also, ~The Government~ and their ~Jackbooted Thugs~ are bad! In fact the government is literally the only thing that can even attempt to combat Covid-19 with any effectiveness (see e.g.: Germany, South Korea, China), but Bob thinks the exact opposite, as he's an idiot who's always wrong

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

jaete posted:

Masks are the easiest thing to do to reduce the impact of Covid-19 at least a little bit, so they're in fact very useful. So it makes sense that Bob thinks the exact opposite, as he's an idiot who's always wrong

https://twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1304368780265562117?s=20

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Of all the reasons to call boris a power-hungry fascist bastard, bob picks the imposition of health precautions during a pandemic. Just the galaxiest brain around

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
How many people do you think it would take to bully Bob off twitter by replying "Bob Moron" to everything he posts? :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Johnson's Brexit brinkmanship – Under the internal market bill, published on Wednesday, Boris Johnson and his Brexit negotiators are seeking to undo parts of the withdrawal agreement"

gently caress off Bob:

Independent:

Covid-19: Fauci says US life won’t return to normal until deep into 2021; After Adriaen van de Venne.

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… limiting gatherings to six people

Stephen Collins:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Chelo fram Sauvyit Rashya, comrade :sparkles:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
"CCCP TV" would've been a real sensible chuckle worthy joke *checks notes* 29 years ago

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Lol at BoB going all "oh 1984 is here ooer, you'll never take my Freedom" when within I dunno 6 months he'll be back to fellating the Tories as if none of this ever happened

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Pantomime dame Boris Johnson and his not-so-magic lamp – Chris Riddell on the PM breaking the law over Brexit and the ‘rule of six’ coronavirus restrictions"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Exasperated parents in England say test and trace still a 'shambles'

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Boris johnson, definitely not doing brexit right now, very much focused on adequate coronavirus precautions. Bob is detaching even further from reality by the day

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Anyone know what Matt is on about this time?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Private Speech posted:

Anyone know what Matt is on about this time?

There’s been a few articles about Christmas stuff appearing in the shops, and 8 crackers presumably means more than 6 people, and Matt is not a good writer so has decided that’s the joke. Even though Christmas is months away. :shrug:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s threat to tear up the Brexit deal – The publication of the internal market bill, under which key parts of the withdrawal agreement agreed last year with the EU would be negated, has infuriated Brussels and prompted a Tory rebellion"

Telegraph:

Blair and Major hit out at Boris Johnson's plans to override Brexit deal

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK's 'rule of six' and internal market bill — Grouse shooting and hunting with guns in England are among outdoor activities exempted from the government’s ‘rule of six’ coronavirus regulations"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Death toll rises as fires choke US west coast and Trump response is lambasted

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Rule of Six

:sun: It's hot! counter: 10. :supaburn:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Matt Hancock's defence of NHS test and trace — The health secretary, Matt Hancock, has been accused of ‘losing control’ of attempts to stem the rising tide of Covid-19, as Downing Street comes under fresh fire over its handling of the country’s testing system"

Telegraph:

Hancock says Covid testing crisis may last weeks as UK hospitals plug gaps; Meet the 2020 Bake Off contestants: can a baker's star rise in a bubble?

Matt:

Independent:

"Ed Miliband revels in making Boris Johnson look like a second-rate conman"

Times:

Coronavirus: hunting exempt from 'rule of six' restrictions in England

Evening Standard:

'Rule of six': Priti Patel's neighbours unimpressed by her shopping lawbreakers

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Rule of Six maniacs

Looks like the university's flag is at half-mast. Have they had deaths there recently? Is Paul telling us these Tories are secretly doomed?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's Covid blunder – In a town hall broadcast, the US president claimed Covid-19 would go away without a vaccine because of ‘herd mentality’. He may have meant ‘herd immunity’"

Telegraph:

Archbishop: localism more important than ever in tackling Covid

Matt:

Secret diary of MP's wife set to ruffle feathers in Westminster

Independent:

Angela Rayner rebukes Boris Johnson over 'collapsing' Covid test system

Times:

After Saatchi & Saatchi.

Evening Standard:

Covid-19 restrictions announced for swathe of north-east England

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the coronavirus testing fiasco

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the government's coronavirus capers – A surge in cases has prompted Boris Johnson to impose stricter Covid lockdown measures across a large swath of north-east England"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Biden and Pelosi warn UK over risking Good Friday agreement

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the local lockdowns

Bonus! David Squires on Castaway.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
With a cameo from the leader of her majesty's opposition :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on failings of England's coronavirus test scheme – Dido Harding, the head of the NHS test-and-trace programme, has told MPs demand for tests is three to four times higher than capacity"

Telegraph:

After MC Escher.

Independent:

After Jean Louis Forain.

The i paper:

England-wide Covid lockdown needed 'sooner rather than later', says former adviser

Times:

Diary of an MP’s Wife by Sasha Swire review – a thrillingly indiscreet political memoir

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… Sasha Swire's shocking political diary

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson and his world-class test-and-trace system – Faced with a coronavirus second wave, the prime minister has it all under control…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt: Sunday Times:

Sunday Times: Matt:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 20, 2020

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the Tories' testing triumphs – The health secretary has warned that the UK is at a ‘tipping point’ and may face a second wave of coronavirus"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

£10,000 fines warning for failing to self-isolate as England Covid infections soar

Times:

Labour conference: five key issues for Keir Starmer's party

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Whitty and Vallance's TV address to UK — The UK government’s most senior scientists, Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance, have given a televised briefing about the recent increases in coronavirus cases and what to expect"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Police dismiss idea of soldiers on UK streets to enforce Covid rules

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson sets out new restrictions to last 'perhaps six months'

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the impending second wave

David Squires:

Bonus!
https://twitter.com/BJennings90/status/1308002554832449537

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson announcing new Covid restrictions — The UK is at a ‘perilous turning point’ and must act, Boris Johnson has told MPs"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Coronavirus: work from home if you can, Gove says in government U-turn

Evening Standard:

The Great British Bake Off review – was this the silliest showstopper yet?

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the new coronavirus restrictions

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's latest Churchill impression – Keir Starmer has accused Boris Johnson of “pretending there isn’t a problem” with the test-and-trace system, as he claimed the prime minister had lost control of the coronavirus crisis"

gently caress Off Bob:

Matt:

Covid scheme: UK government to cover 22% of worker pay for six months

Independent:

Nearly a quarter of UK pubs and restaurants 'fear collapse' by Christmas

Times:

Evening Standard:

Users report issues as Covid-19 app launches in England and Wales

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... our military Covid marshals

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak's support for workers hit by the pandemic – The chancellor announced a package aimed at fending off mass unemployment, outlining plans to cover almost a quarter of pay for workers in “viable” jobs for the next six months"

gently caress Off Bob:

Matt:

'I had a little sob': freshers face up to strict new Covid rules

Independent:

Times:

'I wish Harry luck, he's going to need it' – Trump's jibe at Meghan

Evening Standard:

UK borrowing surges as Covid pushes national debt to record £2.024tn

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Sussexes vs Donald Trump

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

With how bad Bob, Blower & Thomas have been this year it's easy to forget what utter loving pish Adams puts out too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The fat, greasy slob at home watching tv with a mask on. Rather than going to the office to do the work that is definitely there and only there and would definitely be being done if he wasn't wearing a mask and hiding at home like a SHEEP.

e - Actually, if Bob is a proper libertarian nutter, does he just want to kill off all the old people so he can have their stuff?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak's winter plan for Covid — The government will cover almost a quarter of pay for workers in ‘viable’ jobs for the next six months, the chancellor said as he outlined plans for the winter"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Halt in-person university teaching until test and trace fixed, union urges

Independent:

After Andrew Wyeth.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak: send in the clowns – As the furlough scheme comes down to Earth with a bump, the prime minister is left dangling…"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tories' plans for the BBC – The government has failed to deny rumours that staunch Brexiter Charles Moore is in line for the top job at the BBC"

Telegraph:

Take-up of NHS contact-tracing app could be only 10%

Matt:

‘We came all this way to start a new life’: the misery of Glasgow’s lockdown freshers

Times:

Follow Covid rules so students can go home for Christmas, says minister

Evening Standard:

New York Times publishes details of Donald Trump's tax returns

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson facing a revolt over Covid measures — Boris Johnson is facing a massive parliamentary revolt over the way he is imposing Covid-19 restrictions on the British people without first consulting MPs" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson commits to 'restoring to nature' 30 per cent of Britain by 2030

Matt:

Boris Johnson apologises for getting north-east England lockdown rules wrong

Yesterday's Independent:

Independent:

Trump reels from taxes bombshell as he gets set for crunch debate with Biden

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... students' coronavirus lockdown

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's attitude to paying taxes — Donald Trump, a self-proclaimed billionaire, paid only $750 in federal income taxes in the year he was elected US president, according to a stunning New York Times investigation" After John Heartfield.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Lockdown tightened in north-east England as Covid-19 infections rise

Independent:

Boris Johnson apologises for getting north-east England lockdown rules wrong; Boris Johnson announces 'radical' plan to boost vocational training

Times:

Evening Standard:

Presidential debates format to be overhauled after calamity in Cleveland

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Gwyneth Paltrow's nude pose

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Paul, please rein it in

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump and the far-right – The US president declined to condemn white supremacists and violent rightwing groups during a contentious first presidential debate"

Telegraph:

No idea who the people on the left are.

Matt:

Covid-hit Merseyside economy 'may collapse without funding'

Independent:

Times:

EDIT: Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Evening Standard:

Keir Starmer calls for schoolchildren to be taught more about Britain’s black history, I guess?

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the farcical Presidential debate

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 1, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Telegraph:
:hmmyes:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Cloud Potato posted:

From looking at replies on twitter, it's Steve Baker and Graham Brady who were leading some kind of rebellion against the coronavirus act, though they ended up voting with the government lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Being an argumentative populist dick is a fast track to a cabinet post these days. One column inch is worth a year's relevant experience.