Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

So there you are... walking along, when suddenly you come to a big wall... and written all over it are ideas... ideas for threads.

Along the way, most posters have some questions. Many of the questions have easy answers, but sometimes you meet one that looks like a mountain in your path.

One of the biggest mountains can be described this way. Let's say we're writing a post. First we choose a forum. Now here comes the mountain. Which posting styles are available in this forum... and how do they flow from one to another in ways that sound good?

These questions are very easy to ask, but it took me years to understand what I wanted to know. Now I can explain some of what seemed mysterious to me then. If you are asking questions like these, this web thread may help you to understand more quickly. Have fun!

………………. .. … /´ /)
……………….. ..,../¯ ..//
……………….. …./… ./ /
……………….. ..,/¯ ..//
……………….. ./… ./ /
…………./´¯/’ …’/´¯`•¸
………./’/…/… ./… …./¨¯
……..(’(…´(… ……. ,~/’…’)
………………. ….. ../…./
……….'’……. ….. . _.•´
………………. ….. ..(
…………..….. ….. …

Here's lookin' at you, America!

This past weekend, I treated myself as well as my sister and my friend to a rather sweet indulgence. For anyone who grew up loving "hair bands", Bon Jovi was the ultimate hair band. Now, some 20 years later, the band doesn't quite have that 80's hair (most of you probably are saying Thank God!), but they still put on a great show. As I explain it, Jon Bon Jovi is the only man above 40 legally allowed to wear leather pants in public.

This post suggests that the origin of life was a natural event. Because this view undermines the whole point of most religions, readers are encouraged to ban this post along with the author.

A well-designed thread is a pleasure to the family, enhances a community and adds to the forum's resale value. Thread design involves much more than placing jokes, images and other photoshops on the property. It is an art which deals with conscious arrangement or organization of viewable space for human satisfaction and enjoyment.

Though listeners may experience a thread as one long progression of pleasing words, each post is actually a series of various parts, some of which repeat at different points in the thread.

When Life gives you lemons...make lemonade!!

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

THIS POST IS PART OF THE
( ASCII ART RING )
- Skip Previous -- Previous -- Next -- Skip Next -- Random -- Next 5 -- List Posts -

code:
          .--.
         / _  \  ___      .--.
        | ( _.-""   `'-.,' _  \
         \.'            '.  ) /
         /                \_.'
        /    .-.   .-.     \
        |   / o \ / o \    |
        ;   \.-'` `'-./    |
        /\      ._.       /
      ;-'';_   ,_Y_,   _.'
     /     \`--.___.--;.
    /|      '.__.---.  \\
   ;  \              \  ;'--. .-.
   |   '.    __..-._.'  |-,.-'  /
   |     `""`  .---._  / .--.  /
  / ;         /      `-;/  /|_/
  \_,\       |            | |
  dab '-...--'._     _..__\/
`"""`
WwwwwoOoooaoaooOOOOOoaahhhhh o____________Obwaaaah whhhhhoooooaaahhhhh bbbbbbuuuzzzlllitttt....

code:
           ,_ ,_                           _, _,
           | '. '.                       .' .' |
           \   \  \                     /  /   /
            '.__\_|_                   _|_/__.'
                /`  '.               .'   `\
               /    ^ )             ( ^     \
              /   __.'               '.__    \
            .'   (_                     _)    '.
          .'      \'-._.===========._.-'/       '.
         /         '.__)   HAPPY   (__.'          \
        ;        .-. '.|  EASTER!  |.' .-.         ;
      /`|       /   '._)===========(_.'   \        |`\
     |   \     /--.                     .--\      /   |
      '--'\   '-.__)                   (__.-'    /'--'
   hi byob )_____)                       (______(
i want to be a mermaid please turn me in to a mermaid i live in new jersy.

The Grand Staff :: The Clef Sign :: The Treble Clef :: The Bass Clef :: The Alto Clef :: Other Clefs (lesson 14)
The Score :: Why Middle C? :: Helmholtz Pitch Notation :: English Octave-Naming Convention
Franco-Belgic Octave-Naming Convention :: Scientific Pitch Notation :: Naming The Octaves :: MIDI
Shape Note Notation :: Tonic Sol-fa :: Oz Pitch-Naming Convention :: Integer Notation

I WISH I WAS WHERE I WAS WHEN I WAS WISHING I WAS HERE

This post is an educational resource that describes the science behind volcanoes and volcanic processes. The post is sponsored by NASA under the auspices of Project ALERT (Augmented Learning Environment and Renewable Teaching). It is intended for the education of university students of geology and volcanology and teachers of earth science. Each section in the post builds upon previous sections. For users who lack fundamental knowledge of volcanological principles and terms, it is best to proceed through the post in a progressive manner. More advanced users will find each section self-contained and can navigate through the thread as their interest dictates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE

Hick Magnet posted:

So there you are... walking along, when suddenly you come to a big wall... and written all over it are ideas... ideas for threads.

Along the way, most posters have some questions. Many of the questions have easy answers, but sometimes you meet one that looks like a mountain in your path.

One of the biggest mountains can be described this way. Let's say we're writing a post. First we choose a forum. Now here comes the mountain. Which posting styles are available in this forum... and how do they flow from one to another in ways that sound good?

These questions are very easy to ask, but it took me years to understand what I wanted to know. Now I can explain some of what seemed mysterious to me then. If you are asking questions like these, this web thread may help you to understand more quickly. Have fun!

………………. .. … /´ /)
……………….. ..,../¯ ..//
……………….. …./… ./ /
……………….. ..,/¯ ..//
……………….. ./… ./ /
…………./´¯/’ …’/´¯`•¸
………./’/…/… ./… …./¨¯
……..(’(…´(… ……. ,~/’…’)
………………. ….. ../…./
……….'’……. ….. . _.•´
………………. ….. ..(
…………..….. ….. …

Here's lookin' at you, America!

This past weekend, I treated myself as well as my sister and my friend to a rather sweet indulgence. For anyone who grew up loving "hair bands", Bon Jovi was the ultimate hair band. Now, some 20 years later, the band doesn't quite have that 80's hair (most of you probably are saying Thank God!), but they still put on a great show. As I explain it, Jon Bon Jovi is the only man above 40 legally allowed to wear leather pants in public.

This post suggests that the origin of life was a natural event. Because this view undermines the whole point of most religions, readers are encouraged to ban this post along with the author.

A well-designed thread is a pleasure to the family, enhances a community and adds to the forum's resale value. Thread design involves much more than placing jokes, images and other photoshops on the property. It is an art which deals with conscious arrangement or organization of viewable space for human satisfaction and enjoyment.

Though listeners may experience a thread as one long progression of pleasing words, each post is actually a series of various parts, some of which repeat at different points in the thread.

When Life gives you lemons...make lemonade!!

THIS POST IS PART OF THE
( ASCII ART RING )
- Skip Previous -- Previous -- Next -- Skip Next -- Random -- Next 5 -- List Posts -

code:
          .--.
         / _  \  ___      .--.
        | ( _.-""   `'-.,' _  \
         \.'            '.  ) /
         /                \_.'
        /    .-.   .-.     \
        |   / o \ / o \    |
        ;   \.-'` `'-./    |
        /\      ._.       /
      ;-'';_   ,_Y_,   _.'
     /     \`--.___.--;.
    /|      '.__.---.  \\
   ;  \              \  ;'--. .-.
   |   '.    __..-._.'  |-,.-'  /
   |     `""`  .---._  / .--.  /
  / ;         /      `-;/  /|_/
  \_,\       |            | |
  dab '-...--'._     _..__\/
`"""`
WwwwwoOoooaoaooOOOOOoaahhhhh o____________Obwaaaah whhhhhoooooaaahhhhh bbbbbbuuuzzzlllitttt....

code:
           ,_ ,_                           _, _,
           | '. '.                       .' .' |
           \   \  \                     /  /   /
            '.__\_|_                   _|_/__.'
                /`  '.               .'   `\
               /    ^ )             ( ^     \
              /   __.'               '.__    \
            .'   (_                     _)    '.
          .'      \'-._.===========._.-'/       '.
         /         '.__)   HAPPY   (__.'          \
        ;        .-. '.|  EASTER!  |.' .-.         ;
      /`|       /   '._)===========(_.'   \        |`\
     |   \     /--.                     .--\      /   |
      '--'\   '-.__)                   (__.-'    /'--'
   hi byob )_____)                       (______(
i want to be a mermaid please turn me in to a mermaid i live in new jersy.

The Grand Staff :: The Clef Sign :: The Treble Clef :: The Bass Clef :: The Alto Clef :: Other Clefs (lesson 14)
The Score :: Why Middle C? :: Helmholtz Pitch Notation :: English Octave-Naming Convention
Franco-Belgic Octave-Naming Convention :: Scientific Pitch Notation :: Naming The Octaves :: MIDI
Shape Note Notation :: Tonic Sol-fa :: Oz Pitch-Naming Convention :: Integer Notation

I WISH I WAS WHERE I WAS WHEN I WAS WISHING I WAS HERE

This post is an educational resource that describes the science behind volcanoes and volcanic processes. The post is sponsored by NASA under the auspices of Project ALERT (Augmented Learning Environment and Renewable Teaching). It is intended for the education of university students of geology and volcanology and teachers of earth science. Each section in the post builds upon previous sections. For users who lack fundamental knowledge of volcanological principles and terms, it is best to proceed through the post in a progressive manner. More advanced users will find each section self-contained and can navigate through the thread as their interest dictates.

Amen

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

Pedantra

by Lowtax
here's my suggestion for noobs to post better: don't ask stupid pointless questions to people who don't care about answering them, don't post callout threads that require a response from someone you barely know, don't hector content creators/ providers if you're not going to be funny doing it. thats all

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Piso Mojado

here's my suggestion for noobies.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
:justpost:

Pizzatime

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
remember to DRM your original content

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

post things that, if true, are frightening, but post them ironically or satirically

Pedantra

by Lowtax
like that snowgoons music video

e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNX2fKuqZfg

Pedantra fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 6, 2016

----------------

Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I wouldn't know the first thing about making a good post ):

Pedantra

by Lowtax
You should just be yourself and don't be a jerk

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

Pedantra posted:

You should just be yourself and don't be a jerk

also this

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 7, 2016

• Locked thread