Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Yes!

Otis Reddit fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress Carolina, I swear to god

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Yay new thread

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dumb jerks not linking the new thread in the old one, I hate you. You made me visit the thread index. :qq:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

gently caress Carolina, I swear to god

Yeah, I thought they were gonna come from behind like the other games. I think Holtby might have been able to steal that win, but the team played like crap till midway through the third. At least Ovi got a goal, 4 more to 500, and it looks like he's ramping up for a run on the Rocket just like last year.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

Dumb jerks not linking the new thread in the old one, I hate you. You made me visit the thread index. :qq:

What he said :mad:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Want to start the year by wishing our mod Hand Knit a happy new year. Keep up the good work!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
2016 is the year of Beard Bettman

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

The Dirty Burger posted:

2016 is the year of Beard Bettman

It makes me hate him less because he now looks like an uncle who is losing it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

I still hate him.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rotten Cookies posted:

Don't let your daughter sit on his lap.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

If he keeps growing it and starts to go bald the NHL could quietly replace him with Fred Melamed without anyone noticing, and that's nothing but a good thing.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Rotten Cookies posted:

I'm your wicked Uncle Gary, here to fiddle about

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

E: not gdt

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Looks like Gary's been golfing a lot lately.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

xzzy posted:

Xtanstic posted:

What he said :mad:

This is part of my moderating strategy to encourage interaction with SAS as a whole.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Thomas Greiss has posted a .936 and 2.03 line through 18 games so far this year.

Most indispensible islanders

1A) John Tavares
1B) Thomas Greiss
3) uh Nick Leddy maybe I'm not sure

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Menamino posted:

Thomas Greiss has posted a .936 and 2.03 line through 18 games so far this year.

Most indispensible islanders

1A) John Tavares
1B) Thomas Greiss
3) uh Nick Leddy maybe I'm not sure

I am so pleasantly surprised by Greiss.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Leafs to get WC http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/40496/sources-maple-leafs-front-runner-to-host-2017-winter-classic

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Habs undefeated in 2016

Fire Therrien

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Why did that puck have to hit the camera guy, why couldn't it have crushed McGuire's skull. :negative:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

I wish they'd have some other teams play in the classic instead of cycling through the original six plus Washington, Pittsburgh, and Philly

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Zac Rinaldo is a poo head

Kale
May 14, 2010

The Gallagher factor is strange yet undeniable at this point. He leaves the lineup for a month or so and they're utter dog poo poo that can't do anything, he's back one day and they have almost as many goals in that game as they did all last week. He probably should have been captain, like it's just crystal clear his value at this point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I wish they'd have some other teams play in the classic instead of cycling through the original six plus Washington, Pittsburgh, and Philly

It's for marketable teams, and... say it with me now... Nobody Cares About Minnesota.

Aye Doc posted:

Zac Rinaldo is a poo head

He was like 3rd at best in that game.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kale posted:

The Gallagher factor is strange yet undeniable at this point. He leaves the lineup for a month or so and they're utter dog poo poo that can't do anything, he's back one day and they have almost as many goals in that game as they did all last week. He probably should have been captain, like it's just crystal clear his value at this point.

The team voted like near unanimously for Patch. It's fine. Let's just be thankful that Goldblum didn't pull bridge contract shenanigans with him and instead got this:

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

The rumored Pittsburgh - Philadelphia game should be at Beaver Stadium if Toronto falls through.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Aphrodite posted:

It's for marketable teams, and... say it with me now... Nobody Cares About Minnesota.

:saddowns:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Mage_Boy posted:

The rumored Pittsburgh - Philadelphia game should be at Beaver Stadium if Toronto falls through.

Oh gee, haven't seen that one before

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Pittsburgh vs Philly should use mutant league hockey rules.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Xtanstic posted:

The team voted like near unanimously for Patch. It's fine. Let's just be thankful that Goldblum didn't pull bridge contract shenanigans with him and instead got this:

Try telling that to my Habs friends. They very much hate Patches as Captain (calling him floaty) and think Gallagher should be. I feel like I'm always defending Patrioretty from them. Sure he's not Gallagher in the way he plays but he's still valuable. 16 goals is pretty good, plus his defensive play. I think Gallagher would be a fine captain, but I don't see Patches as a bad one either.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Mage_Boy posted:

That sounds like a Stadium Series game.

Suspicious posted:

Pittsburgh vs Philly should use mutant league hockey rules.

How could you tell?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The presence of a chainsaw on the ice would be a good way to tell.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Sir Unimaginative posted:

That sounds like a Stadium Series game.
I'd actually rather they do it that way, having it be at home for either team would make me less interested.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I just want Minnesota vs Avs, Blues vs Avs, Jets v Wild whatever. Bettman said today that he "Owes Winnipeg an outdoor game" then do it!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I think this is often overlooked. Its unfortunate if youre a fan of another team but its mostly a giant publicity stunt that is geared towards making boatloads of money from the biggest market teams in the game.

e:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I just want Minnesota vs Avs, Blues vs Avs, Jets v Wild whatever. Bettman said today that he "Owes Winnipeg an outdoor game" then do it!

Jets-Wild would be amazing but probably better suited as a Heritage or Stadium Series game.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 1, 2016

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
N: Habs are undefeated in 2016, and need to play every game outside from now on.

V: Fire Therrien

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

I think this is often overlooked. Its unfortunate if youre a fan of another team but its mostly a giant publicity stunt that is geared towards making boatloads of money from the biggest market teams in the game.

e:

Jets-Wild would be amazing but probably better suited as a Heritage or Stadium Series game.

Don't worry, I was absolutely stoked for that amazing Winter Classic reads off cue card Chicago-Washington. Yeah. Woo.

Maybe we just need to attract a massive bandwagon?

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 1, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I might be going to Sudbury over the holiday period next year, so I am 100% down with a Leafs Winter Classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

DuhSal posted:

Try telling that to my Habs friends. They very much hate Patches as Captain (calling him floaty) and think Gallagher should be. I feel like I'm always defending Patrioretty from them. Sure he's not Gallagher in the way he plays but he's still valuable. 16 goals is pretty good, plus his defensive play. I think Gallagher would be a fine captain, but I don't see Patches as a bad one either.

Sever.

Honestly I just disengage bad hockey opinions now because I am an arrogant condescending jerk with my spreadsheets. Sorry about your friends. It's exhausting having to fight against dumb hockey opinions all the time.

Hockey Classic summarized as: pewpewpew
https://twitter.com/datarink/status/683041234944917506

• Locked thread