Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Creed is just getting released next week over here and I saw an advance screening of it last night. It is very good, which surprised me because it's a Rocky movie - but on the other hand DUH of course it's good it's written and directed by Ryan Coogler and has Michael B Jordan in it.

Which Rocky movies have you seen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wasn't ALVH a complete box office failure though?

I don't give a poo poo about the box office, but the carriage scene from ABLVH makes me super hype for his version of the chariot race.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

piratepilates posted:

Who on Earth was calling for a Labyrinth remake? There's no way to go but down for that.

I thought they should have made one like 5 years ago with Bieber in the Connely part and Lady Gaga in the Bowie one. Now Bieber is too old for it to work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

All I remember about Labyrinth is David Bowie's crotch (thats really hard to forget), the trash area and that weird-rear end music number that had nothing to do with anything.

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvyNOg4jSRg
Because it loving rocks is why it exists.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

There's an entire contingent of preteens on YouTube that edit modern Disney movies to have VHS-style openings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4oXbktbuiI
It's really weird.

Preteens aren't the ones making these.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Of all the things on the internet, I somehow highly doubt that there exists a contingent of people pretending to be 10-14 year olds specifically so that they can sloppily edit together fake VHS openings primarily for Disney movies. There's way too many of them for it to be like a performance art or sex thing.

10 -14 year olds don't know or care enough about VHS to mimic it's aesthetic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I was just thinking about the Narnia films the other day, and how that whole series turned out to be such a complete non-starter.

Honestly I was kind of hoping they'd at least finish the series if only because I'd love to see how they handle "your all dead and the world just ended because some monkey was a prick".

Also your sister is in hell because she wore lipstick

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Firstborn posted:

Makes me wonder if the sequel to The Giver is ever coming out. I saw that movie completely drunk, and liked it well enough. Glowing recommendation, I know. :(

Did the book have a sequel?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

You have to wonder if part of that is due to the fact that nobody gives a poo poo about Benghazi, despite the frenzy they've been trying to whip up over it for the past 3-4 years.

Probably, I also think the reason no one cares is because no one knows why they should care. At least with the "9-11 was an inside job" nut jobs you know why it'd be a big deal if it was true, I'm still not sure what Republicans think the Obama administration did that was so wrong.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I think (and this could just be my own reasonable interpretation of batshit insane ideas) that they claim to think that the administration should have done more to prevent the attack. "Claim to think" since obviously it's pretty much just been an excuse to talk poo poo because something bad happened on Obama's watch.

Oh, that's almost reasonable as long as you ignore who was president on 9-11.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spatula City posted:

Nobody cares about Benghazi except hardcore weirdo partisan conservatives. so it's not really that surprising. Plus, John Krasinski does not appeal to flyover state audiences.

Quick reminder there was a hot minute everyone on the internet thought Krasinski was going to be Captain America.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Full Battle Rattle posted:

If the benghazi hearings had come to anything this would be the biggest movie right now, maybe thats what he was banking on

But that was a dumb bet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Because with a loose enough definition all movies could be called political. When people say "political" to describe a film they mean direct, overt commentary on an actual real life event or topic directly related to what we culturally understand as "political issues."

All films are political, you loving dumb twat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I understand dropping someone from your commercials for having terrible opinions and being public about it, but I can't imagine that getting you black listed in Hollywood when people are still lining up to be in and work on Woody Allen and Roman Polanski films.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

How easily we all forget Big Top Pee-Wee.

This one is being written and directed by people with experience in MTV/Adult Swim's gonzo stuff like Wonder Showzen and The Heart, She Holler so I have faith in it.

Oh poo poo, I was wondering what the hell the Wonder Showzen people have been up, that show was loving bonkers in the best way.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

syscall girl posted:

One of my favorite moments was when my gf's work buddy was over and hadn't seen it. He was laughing his rear end off and then caught his breath and said "those people are all going to hell" (referring to the show runners/writers w/e)

I about choked.

Was it the episode where they kill, then eat, God?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

No one who isn't from Australia or New Zealand cares if you confuse the two.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Just a quick note at the end of the film reminding the audience that Kirby made more from Darkseid and the New God's than he did from Captain America, The Fantastic Four and the X-Men combined.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Good news, I looked up the actor recently and he's slated to return in all sequels as the same character! That could mean either flashbacks, video footage or clones. Personally, I hope it's clones. An army of angry Colonel Quaritchs.

Assuming you're going off IMDB, the vast majority of the info on that site is user contributed, so barring a news article that backs it up all casting info on stuff that hasn't even started shooting yet should be taken with a grain of salt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

well why not posted:

this refutes the fact that Avatar has nil cultural impact. Avatar has now ruined cinema, two trucks, this guys life, and his body. That's a big impact!

He falls into the "Thank God he's not obsessed with Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver, or Catcher in the Rye" category.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I refuse to believe any movie with Robert Rodriguez as director is actually happening until they start shooting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Len posted:

They need to announce more bad movies because goddamn this argument is getting boring.

Thank Christ for YA novels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJsDuGRiLqM

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

and james cameron told us genesys was good despite it being somehow worse than salvation. you'd think a guy with as much money as he has couldnt be paid off but ther eyou go.

It's probably less a case of being paid off and more has to maintain a professional relationship with these people.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Man is there an easy way to watch the show today?

You can buy dvds from amazon and various episodes are on youtube, but there doesn't seem to be a legit way to stream them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Noomi Rapace dropped out of Alien: Covenant. Cue the remake of Alien 3's intro.

Speaking as someone who really liked Prometheus this dropped my interest in the film a lot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Why the gently caress wasn't Jem a spiritual sequel to the excellent and under-rated Josie and the Pussycats movie?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

McG directing Will Smith sounds like the most generic movie that ever could exist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

Sounds like someone forgot almost every major role Sam Worthington's ever had.

Can you blame me?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

This story by a stripper named Zola that blew up on twitter: http://imgur.com/a/WDwyW

got optioned into a movie like everyone thought. What they didn't think was it would be directed by and starring James Franco for some reason!

http://deadline.com/2016/02/james-franco-zola-tells-all-the-real-story-behind-the-greatest-stripper-saga-ever-tweeted-1201696651/

I love that reporters researched the story and were able to confirm most of it. Will this be the first "based on a true story" movie that's actually based on a true story?

Edit: Reading through the twitter story again I really hope Franco is playing this guy

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 5, 2016

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Here's a better version of that story:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/zola-tells-all-the-real-story-behind-the-greatest-stripper-saga-ever-tweeted-20151117

Everything about it makes me feel gross like a Harmony Korine movie.

That's a decent story, but her tweets are better.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

I thought Now You See Me was fine. I mean, I didn't think it was groundbreaking in any way, and I pretty much forgot about it after seeing it, but I don't feel the anger to it most people here seem to :shrug:

Because it was a nothing film and the sequel will likely also be a nothing film and people prefer it when studios spend money on making movies that have a chance at being something.

I don't think anyone is actually angry at it, just mystified that it gets a sequel.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

PBS Newshour posted:

Books are pretty bad guys

Could be worse, they could be Comic Books

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cardboard Box A posted:

There would be no reason for a Hollywood Cowboy Bebop movie to hire Yoko Kanno when they could just license the songs she copied instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOy3AuB5PtI

Not available in God's country.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

WB recently put an embargo on using Deathstroke and Suicide Squad characters in Arrow so get ready for Deathstroke competing with Deadpool in the next few years.

I haven't read the comics, was Deathstroke in Suicide Squad? You're probably thinking of Deadshot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Squirrel Girl has a vaguely similar type of humor to Deadpool, minus the extreme violence, she has a decent following but also a good amount of detractors.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

this subforum is a cesspool

I want to know what drugs the people in charge of that lead to the movie existing, because I'm sorry, coke is definitely not the only answer. I've done coke and it doesn't make you that crazy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

how did liefeld have a career i can draw better than him.

Because he did and you don't.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Draw comics.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nah, it's clearly reverse 48 hours. Does look good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Firstborn posted:

Go on.

E: Nevermind. I will sum it up: he hates fruits because his mom made him eat them for constipation as a child. He gave his brother permission to use his act, and then changed his mind, but his brother kept doing it anyway so he sued him and won. He was voted #100 in "top 100 comedy central stand up acts", and then went on to say he never heard of the people above him so how can they be better? This is the list, for the record:
http://www.listology.com/list/comedy-central-100-greatest-standups-all-time

As you can imagine the list is like George Carlin, Louie CK, Chris Rock, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Robin Williams, Jerry Seinfeld, etc. People nobody would recognize.

I took a look at the list assuming the bottom of the list would be more esoteric people I wasn't familiar with and he just misspoke. But nope, 99 is Janeane Garofalo, and I recognized the next 22 also.

• Locked thread