Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Victoria Justice and Ryan McCartan are Janet and Brad in the upcoming Rocky Horror remake, which will be one of those tv musical specials, except on Fox. Laverne Cox will be Dr. Frank-N-Furter

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/victoria-justice-disney-star-ryan-851968

Not that I'm terribly excited for a new Rocky Horror, (I don't think anyone can really do the original justice, it was a perfect storm of :wtf:) but if I can't have Tim Curry impersonation as Frank-N-Furter then I'd be interested in seeing the spin Laverne Cox can put on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

sbaldrick posted:

I watched some youtube videos of other stage productions of Rocky Horror and no one gets the creepy joy that is Tim Curry.

I've actually been to a dinner theater presentation of it and the guy they had as Frank-N-Furter had the mannerisms and voice down square to almost a creepy degree. It probably helped his case that his first appearance in the play was a spotlight turning on him as he stood literally right behind me before strutting up to the stage. It probably also help that they had his microphone mixed so loud it was like the booming voice of a Tim Curry Impersonator God telling me how he was a Sweet Transvestite.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

achillesforever6 posted:

Now I'm reminded of how rough Tim Curry looks right now :smith:

To be fair, the guy is almost 70. He can't be Frank-N-Furter forever.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

achillesforever6 posted:

No its more he had a stroke and is in a wheelchair

Well I learned something new today. :smith:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Just wanted to say that I was literally given a free ticket + popcorn + soda to watch Zoolander 2 and I literally walked out of the movie halfway through, it was so bad.

I know that Hollywood is basically the mega rich's playground, but this was basically Stiller and his buddies loving around onstage and pissing away millions and then charging you for the privilege.

The movie felt like if everyone was super high, filmed themselves and then expected a bunch of sober people to find it as funny as them. It was just absolutely disconnected from reality.

You know, I actually liked the first Zoolander film. Having not seen or heard anything about the sequel me and my girlfriend almost went to go see it last weekend before settling on Hail Caesar. Once I started looking up reviews of Zoolander 2 after the fact I stopped feeling bad about that decision.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Man they really must be mining the nostalgia vein thin if that's all they can muster for modern day remakes. I think I seen like 3 episodes of that back in the 1990s on Comedy Central and promptly forgot it existed.

I honestly would not be surprised if they decided to give Gallagher his own movie at this rate. It's not like it could be any worse for nostalgia baiting.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

The MSJ posted:

Here are your Power Rangers.

The hispanic lady looks like she's about to roll an ankle.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

greatn posted:

By all means please do, I don't even know what his next one was.

"Oh god, please pay me money, I have bookies to pay off. How much blatant product placement can we put in this?"

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

The MSJ posted:

Justin Lin invites you to try and guess the two actors playing Star Trek aliens in this picture. He said that their casting have not been announced yet, and they have worked with him before.

Justin Lin is mostly notable for the later Fast and Furious movies and parts of Season 2 of True Detective, right?

I'm going to guess the big guy is Vince Vaughn and the weedy guy on the left is maybe Lucas Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

greatn posted:

I feel like Splinter Cell as a grizzled, older Jason Bourne brought in to fend off some threat is a fairly simple and safe movie to make, you just need the right actor. Which honestly I'm having trouble picturing, most of the good ones would have been really good ten years ago.

After watching The November Man, I kind of feel like Pierce Brosnan could actually fit the bill for that kind of movie as an aging spy-turned-extrajudicial-commando. If he's too brittish, maybe someone like Sam Trammell? He'd be about the right age for it and he could probably pull off a sufficient enough gravel in his voice to pass as a Sam Fisher type.

• Locked thread