Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll be playing and if I win I'll give a million to the funniest poster in the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
good luck

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i hope you win!

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
i hope lowtax wins and that he'll invite all of us to the best goonmeet ever with loads of balloons and cake.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Gambling is for poors. I think I'll get a ticket too!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Rambling Robot posted:

i hope lowtax wins and that he'll invite all of us to the best goonmeet ever with loads of drugs and sex.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Holy poo poo I won

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
nice, lets be friends okay

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
you hoping to win probably is the funniest post in here.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

When is the drawing, OP?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i think u accidentally posted this thread ing bs?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

No. 6 posted:

When is the drawing, OP?

i think they do it on wednesdays or something. IDK who the gently caress plays the powerball its a bullshit scam.

I only go in on it if its 500mil and even then I feel like its a loss of a dollar.

That said if it reaches 500mil and I win it I'll offer lowtax a mil for the forums.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

i think they do it on wednesdays or something. IDK who the gently caress plays the powerball its a bullshit scam.

I only go in on it if its 500mil and even then I feel like its a loss of a dollar.

That said if it reaches 500mil and I win it I'll offer lowtax a mil for the forums.

powerball is $2 in tx for standard play

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nonsense posted:

powerball is $2 in tx for standard play

yeesh so 2 bucks down the drain thats like a candybar.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Who gives a poo poo? They raised the pool of numbers from 50 to 75 in order to force the super large jackpots to happen more often since the poors poo poo themselves and dump entire paychecks into cash registers whenever it breaks 300 million. You're even less likely to win now than you were back when it was only 50 numbers to draw from, and especially less likely to win even the smaller prizes like even your money back.

I forget the basketball player, but one of them was on tv when the jackpot hit 500 million a year or two ago bragging that he bought $1000 or $10k in tickets. He didn't win.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

and then we get to read about some shitheads who donate it to their church

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Op, why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side! :iamafag:

Nonsense posted:

and then we get to read about some shitheads who donate it to their church

What's a good religion for that when I win, Jedi?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
OP why did the chixen cross the road

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
the funniest post in this thread is you for thinking you're going to win this, so give yourself a million when you do

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

gently caress da Mods posted:

OP why did the chixen cross the road

not op but plz respond

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I hear Russian Roulette has better odds - try that and let us know how it goes!

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

I'd love to play the lottery, but the leadership of my state believes the only gambling God approves of is Bingo. Specifically, Bingo being run by a "non-profit" whose executive board is composed of state legislators, their family members and business partners.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

EugeneJ posted:

I hear Russian Roulette has better odds - try that and let us know how it goes!

I knew a really popular 16 year old kid who played russian roulette with himself, but he'd check the chamber to see if he would've died, he managed to get it the bullet twice in a row, then the third time he just pulled the trigger without checking. Blew out enough of his brains to be a vegetable with no chance of recovery so his family took him off life support and donated his organs.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Blew out enough of his brains to be a vegetable with no chance of recovery so his family took him off life support and donated his organs.

People on the donor list were the real lottery winners that day

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I knew a really popular 16 year old kid who played russian roulette with himself, but he'd check the chamber to see if he would've died, he managed to get it the bullet twice in a row, then the third time he just pulled the trigger without checking. Blew out enough of his brains to be a vegetable with no chance of recovery so his family took him off life support and donated his organs.

So he just loaded the gun with six bullets or something because he really was unhappy? whoaaaaaaaaa

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

i can't blame him he was heating up

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if I win I'm going to blow it all on drugs and booze and die in a year

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna win

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll buy a lot of video games and having all that money will make me very happy

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I would buy the Subway across from the hot dog man in Alabama and sell bigger hot dogs and be open when people are hungry.

E: Also archives

drunkb fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 2, 2016

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'll be playing and if I win I'll give a million to the funniest poster in the thread

i have it on good authority i'm the funniest poster in this thread; my posts may not appear funny, but thankfully i am most certainly the funniest poster in the thread.

by a lot.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I love the people who win $100m and think they are going to stay in the same neighborhood. Enjoy the nightly kidnapping and extortion attempts. If I won I'd hire temporary security detail and rotate between hotels for a month. I'd probably have to pay off my family with settlements too. Here's what you get, upfront, don't ask me for money again.

If you are young and not close to family and friends I think it would be pretty baller. If you were all old and homesteaded to some midwestern town it would be pretty awful.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Money cannot buy happiness, op

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
The lottery is retarded, you're retarded, and gently caress you both.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Lottery tickets should be like some medications. You can only buy so many tickets in one day.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Don Tacorleone posted:

Sure it can. Only poor people say that

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Black Baby Goku posted:

ive got some powerful balls for ya right here OP :getin:

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Don Tacorleone posted:

It doesn't buy happiness, it buys security. It's hard to focus on being happy when you're worried about where you're getting your next meal.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
The FAQ on the Powerball website is actually kinda funny. I guess I would be sarcastic too if I knew that every single person who emailed me is stupid because they are playing the lottery.

Powerball FAQ posted:

YOUR ODDS / PROBABILITIES ARE WRONG.
Are not. Sure, the odds of matching 1 red ball out of 26 are 1 in 26, but we are not giving the odds for matching a red ball. We give the odds for winning a prize for matching one red ball ALONE. If you match the red ball and one or more white balls, you win some other prize, but not this prize. The odds of matching one red ball ALONE are harder than 1 in 26 because there is some risk that you will also match one or more white ball numbers - and then win a different prize.
Some persons who enjoy statistics (they do really exist) will come up with odds of 1 in 17 billion for the jackpot prize. Remember that you don't need to match the numbers in exact order - we use combinations to determine the probabilities for the first five white balls and not permutations.

DO POWERBALL TICKETS EXPIRE?

Yes. The Universe is decaying and nothing lasts forever.

MY NUMBERS ARE: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX; DID I WIN?

We can't check numbers for a million folks a week. You can check your numbers on the web site. Teach a man to fish. Please go to:

http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_numbers.asp

Anyway, I went to the website to look up the current odds. The odds to win Powerball are 1 in 292 million. Each ticket is 2 dollars. That means the expected value of a ticket is 1/584th of a millionth of a dollar. So, that means that if the jackpot is greater than 584 million dollars, then the expected value of a ticket is greater than its cost. So, what I'm saying is don't buy until it is over that value and then spend every cent you have because it is a sure thing :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I've spent 10bux on stupider things

• Locked thread