Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

InfiniteZero posted:

If you find the unsettling nightmarish elements of The Shining effective and you haven't already seen Possession (1981), you really need to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTB15PPtMyA

The less you know about it, the better your experience will be.

Do you know who this trailer voice guy is? He sounds more interesting than the " in a world" guy.

Watch it be the same guy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Best soundtrack of any horror movie IMO. At least most atmospheric.

Hellraiser is probably my favorite. That or Alien. For two opposite reasons.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I knew how to use the VCR from a young age, and must've been about 5 or 6 when I stumbled upon my dads copy of The Shining taped from TV. Of course playing it I managed to get to the naked old lady scene, and I think that probably messed me up for a good amount of time.

Still loved watching it properly on a mini TV with headphones in at 1am under the covers when I was 13 though. Best way to watch anything that's supposed to scare you at all.

• Locked thread