Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I still laugh like an idiot every time I think of the kind of wrestling fans that would gather at an elementary school to watch people nobody's heard of. It's not like there's a lot of them. It's just over a dozen weirdos.

One time it was like over 20 people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I just found out I can turn off Perfect show theory in the settings so this will be a lot easier! yay!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
What's perfect show theory?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

The Lord of Hats posted:

What's perfect show theory?

Basically a thing that makes you kind of follow a sort of guideline or a "flow" to wrestling shows that if you deviate from it penalizes you, it is kind of a pain in the rear end and makes booking something you have to be careful about. But not anymore! Now the segments can all rely on their own merit without being penalized with "burning out" the crowd with too many good matches in a row etc. Basically it will improve ou overall show scores by not having it on and it will make my job less stressful.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CapitalistPig posted:

Basically a thing that makes you kind of follow a sort of guideline or a "flow" to wrestling shows that if you deviate from it penalizes you, it is kind of a pain in the rear end and makes booking something you have to be careful about. But not anymore! Now the segments can all rely on their own merit without being penalized with "burning out" the crowd with too many good matches in a row etc. Basically it will improve ou overall show scores by not having it on and it will make my job less stressful.

But what if I want your job to be more stressful?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

But what if I want your job to be more stressful?

Tough

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I still laugh like an idiot every time I think of the kind of wrestling fans that would gather at an elementary school to watch people nobody's heard of. It's not like there's a lot of them. It's just over a dozen weirdos.

It's basically the sort of wrestling promotion one might find in Newbridge, NJ.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Live from George Washington Elementary Auditorium in NJ in front of a crowd of 19 people Ittttsssssssssss GOON FIGHTS REBORN!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6adloaeyI2U

SSV: Welcome once again to Goon Fights Live ladies nd gentlemen!

Pinmom: It's great to be here today Sir Sam, lots of great action.

Grandicap: Can I tell em yet? I don't care I'm doin it anyway! Next week we get 3 new wrestlers here and TWO of them are previous goon fights stars!!

SSV: Well just who it is is a surprise for next week!

Pinmom looks like things are getting heated in the ring! Capitalist pig is coming out!

Cpig comes to the ring with a mic in his hand.

"Listen up all you jersey shore idiots! If you think for one second that I am going to let stand what happened last week you have another thing coming!."

The audience boos.

"Tonight, JakeP is getting his rematch for the title and it is going to be a No disqualification Cage match!"

Cpig throws the microphone down and storms away from the ring.

Match 1: Tremendous taste VS Bottleknight

Match 2: Eccoraven VS Podima

Gay Mysterio comes into the ring and begins talking mad smack about how bad poison mushroom is at wrestling.

Poison Mushroom comes out and tries to participate but it doesn't go over well.

[timg]http://lpix.org/2352294/4.JPG[/itimg]

A video is shown of meinberg walking into a restaurant where Little mac is having dinner with his girlfriend.

Meinberg begins to tell embarrassing stories about little mac and make him look like a fool.

Little mac stands up all huffy and Meinberg just backs away slowly smiling.

Match 3: Opopanax VS The Lord of Hats (rematch title shot for the Serial killer king cup!)

CCKeane is taking a nap backstage when Power of Pecota sporting a new crazy Loose Cannon style runs into the room and beats Keane mercilessly.

Match 4: TMMadman VS Kashuno

Match 5: Jakep VS Tommunist (Rematch for the World Mafia Championship in the steel cage!)

Tommunist is disrespected and comes out first even though he is the champion.

Tommunist can be seen talking quietly with the referee at the door to the steel cage.

JakeP comes down next with cpig, Ecco, Opop, and Duckhuntdog in tow.

After jakep enters the ring Tommunist shoves Jakep out of the way and slams the door shut right in cpig's face! Tommunist then pulls out his own lock and locks the door shut with it!

He then throws the key far out into the crowd!

Now The rest of the company won't be able to interfere!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Week in Review:

This was a big week for signings!!!

Since it is a new month wrestlers were created from the list of names I have set up and look who we got...

What is this!

It looks like Super Friends AND super evil friends are back together!

What could this mean for the tag titles?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sorry for the lateness.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

CapitalistPig posted:

Poison Mushroom comes out and tries to participate but it doesn't go over well.

Philistines. My mushroom puns were great.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I HAVE GOTTEN MY REVENGE KASHUNO!

YOU ARE THE WEAKER OTHER GUY!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Still the king

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I need to fight some jobbers to get my cred up again cpig

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

No one can possibly hope to defeat the super friends

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sorry Hats. You come at the king, you best not miss

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Did I win? I did an attack and didn't get destroyed in response.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Power of Pecota posted:

Did I win? I did an attack and didn't get destroyed in response.

it was like an angle backstage where you attacked keane while he was asleep.

as far as the storyline goes it is considered a "success" so yes, you won.

I changed your gimmick because for some reason it just bombed with the crowd so I basically have you cracking under the pressure and turning heel into a loose cannon Brian Pillman style.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CapitalistPig posted:

Little mac stands up all huffy and Meinberg just backs away slowly smiling.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
In other news, In my real life game that I am running in 1996 I took over USWA to see if I could salvage the company.

USWA starts with a working agreement (meaning you can trade wrestlers with the other company for specific appearances) with the WWF.

I then applied for and got a working agreement with WCW

So now , in the game, USWA has the ability to pit WCW stars against WWF stars directly, in late 1996 when the monday night wars were kicking into high gear and the NWO and Stone Cold Steve austin are just forming their money winning strategies.

It has all brought us to this moment, the match that everyone dreamed of in the Monday night wars....

Two company icons going head to head at my next Large show.

I know this isn't goon fights but it is interesting and I thought I would share.

I got Undertaker for the low low price of Charles Wright (The Godfather, Papa Shango, Kama) and Ron Simmons. (It is direct trades so WWF can use them both for one show as I can only use Taker for one show.)

I got Sting for the much lower price of Bam Bam Bigelow.

I have been loving the working agreements with the two biggest companies because I can put on little dream matches like this just before my main event in my larger monthly shows (I don't have a ppv deal yet.) and it always makes my large show ratings a good letter grade above my weekly tv shows.

Last month I borrowed Hulk Hogan and put him up against My current USWA champion (Ron Simmons) for the USWA World Heavyweight belt and put Ron Simmons over so now his momentum stays at A* and I am giving him a Monster push.

Who would have thought Ron Simmons would become the over as hell savior of the USWA?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

You can finally do Kwang vs Jerry Flynn

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Little Mac posted:

You can finally do Kwang vs Jerry Flynn

Will dreams never cease?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
that was around the time that brett hart turned his back on the Americans and i lost my interest in wrestling

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Live from George Washington Elementary Auditorium in NJ in front of a crowd of 17 people Ittttsssssssssss GOON FIGHTS REBORN!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6adloaeyI2U

SSV: Welcome once again to Goon Fights Live ladies and gentlemen!

Pinmom: Hi folks we certainly have an exciting card tonight and some HUGE announcements!

Grandicap:I'm so happy I can't stand it two of the greatest Tag Teams in Goon fights history are back!

SSV: It is truly amazing!

*eccoraven storms down to the announce table with DHD and snatches the mic from Pinmom's hand*

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!"

"Podima get your rear end out here!"

Podima's music hits as eccoraven gets in the ring.

Podima stands at the stage and waits.

"You are a dog and beneath my attention You cheated to win last week there is no way an idiot like you could ever beat me honestly and I challenge you to a rematch next week here on goon fights!"

Duckhunt dog shouts "YEAH! YOU DUMB DOG!" but doesn't have a mic so you just only sort of hear it.

Podima , who conveniently has a mic just says "Huh?"

Eccoraven angrily signs what he just said in sign language.

Podima responds "Sure thing loser. I'll beat you again next week." and walks back to the backstage area.

Eccoraven looks confused for a moment and then shrugs and leaves the ring.

Match 1 Gay Mysterio VS Poison Mushroom in a Tables Ladders Chairs match to determine the number one contender for the Serial Killer King Cup.

after the match Capitalistpig comes to the ring and begins speaking

"Tonight I have three huge announcements! The first one is that we have hired a new wrestler named Captain Foo! We will see him in action later against Power of Pecota!"

The crowd cheers.

"I also signed two goon fights classics! That is right , the rumors were true. Ernie. and Dhaes!!!!! And in tonights main event it will be SUPER FRIENDS AND SUPER EVIL FRIENDS in a match for the newly reactivated
WORLD MASON TAG TEAM BELTS!!"

The crowd goes absolutely crazy and passes out.

A few minutes later after the smelling salts have been passed out.

Match 2 Opopanax Vs Bottleknight in a non title match

Backstage Little Mac is searching for Meinberg and finds him. Mac proceeds to lay into Meinberg and pummels him down screaming "You messed up my date! I have a hard enough time getting those as it is!"

Match 3 Pop vs Captain Foo

Backstage Kashuno goes into the bathroom.

TMMmadman sneaks up on him and lets loose a bunch of venomous snakes he found in the forest and locks the door.

Screaming is heard inside.

TMM has a mischevious grin and runs away.

Match 4 JakeP V TMMadman

Match 5 MAIN EVENT! Super Friends V Super Evil Friends for the World Mason Partner Championship!

SSV: We are out of time folks!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Week in Review

Just news this week

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

i wan fight someone

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a big load of potential in me last night

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

None can defeat the super friends!!!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
It is I, Meinberg, the most entertaining wrestler of all time! Do you want to know how great I am? I am so great that I can be considered the greatest, despite not even wrestling for the last two weeks!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:aslol: that eccopod bit was amazing. :golfclap:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Podima posted:

:aslol: that eccopod bit was amazing. :golfclap:

I actually wrote a real response from you first but then I was like WAIT Pod's gimmick is deaf person...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Still the greatest

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Meinberg posted:

It is I, Meinberg, the most entertaining wrestler of all time! Do you want to know how great I am? I am so great that I can be considered the greatest, despite not even wrestling for the last two weeks!

its because we're in the hottest program in the company

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My hotness is carrying everybody along with it. *flips hair, smiles, winks*

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

my fans are literally brain dead

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

my fans are literally brain dead

so nice to see they're imitating you

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gay Mysterio hype

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Goon Fights is a serious sausage fest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll challenge u to a diva match rarity.

• Locked thread