Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BeOSPOS posted:

also, what were the worst products of previous years?

its your posts!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Elder Postsman posted:

wait, what? why the gently caress does my range need a wifi connection?

like, ok, i can kind of get fridge, like track what's in there or whatever, but a range? i don't understand. why.

do they explain why at all or do they just say they have a wi-fi range

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shaggar posted:

I think it will be cool once all the dust settles and theres a iot standard so I can have like lights and heat controlled from a standard place. I don't really care about fridgeputers but theres plenty of home automation stuff that would be a nice to have once its streamlined.

i can see a benefit in actual home automation, but just adding buttons on an app to turn everything on and off adds nothing valuable. they need to put an interface in all this stuff in order to move on to the actual useful part, but in the meantime it's all going to be stupid

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

they have a amazon echo clone here in china made by jd, which is china's version of amazon, and a bunch of "smart devices" integrate into it so they can be voice controlled. there's a few voice controlled microwave ovens, which makes no sense to me because you can't use a microwave without physically being there anyway, and there's even a voice controlled toilet

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Elder Postsman posted:

that's all i can find.

easily turning on your range remotely seems like a really bad idea

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson posted:

easily turning on your range remotely seems like a really bad idea

im just imagining this except without someone home to fix it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_YXN8PiFNM

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

GoldenTeeth posted:

so instead of hoping that someone's bluetooth toilet is default to 0000 now I can just stand outside their apartment and scream FLUSH in mandarin?

neat

i guess so. i don't actually know what commands are available to it because i don't know anyone who bought one

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Wild EEPROM posted:

loving built in pinterest in a washing machine

really?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

kwinkles posted:

always sit upright for the most effective bowel movements.

actually you should squat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dubstep Jesus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6MNzgvBKw

skip to 1:40:30-ish for the saddest thing in the world

haha what the heck

• Locked thread