Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Shampoo posted:

The Merritt is a freaking raceway. I've never been on a road that small with people going that fast.

That's half the fun! The Taconic is just as bad, if not worse.

That route is doable, I'm a risk-taker, and take 95 from Greenwich north. 84 sucks rear end, 91 is OK, but Rt 2 is slooooow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The Tappanzee is normally the way to go but didn't it have a crane fall on it a few weeks ago? I'm not sure if it's reopened yet. Double check before planning on it because it'll be a loving circus if it's still not open, the NYC metro area is always a mess traffic wise and it only gets worse exponentially if some doofus drops a drat crane across a major highway bridge.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I commute on 2 back and forth every day, and its really not bad outside of rush hour. The benefit is that I'm only 1/2 a mile off of the Rt 2 exit.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

sharkytm posted:

That's half the fun! The Taconic is just as bad, if not worse.

The Taconic is worse because it's older and has deer everywhere, but when I drive on it people at least aren't blowing by me while I'm doing 70.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
dont be pussies take the GW bridge to Merritt. Valhalla awaits you.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The GW hasn't been all that bad the few times I've taken it.

And yeah last I heard the Tappanzee had been closed due to crane landing on it. E: apparently all 7 lanes are reopened as of a couple weeks ago.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to be able to make it, but If i do, I'll be heading out after work on Friday. And yeah the Merritt was awesome when I drove on it with my learners on a family vacation.

Will we be getting steamed cheeseburgers at Ted's? This is a deciding factor.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

alternate.eago posted:

I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to be able to make it, but If i do, I'll be heading out after work on Friday. And yeah the Merritt was awesome when I drove on it with my learners on a family vacation.

Will we be getting steamed cheeseburgers at Ted's? This is a deciding factor.

Where is this? Right now the route I have has us going north up to west point and going across the Bear Mountain Bridge.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Meriden CT

http://www.tedsrestaurant.com

They are amazing :swoon:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Shampoo posted:

The Merritt is a freaking raceway. I've never been on a road that small with people going that fast.

Last time I was on the Merritt I was passed in moderately heavy traffic by a Bentley Continental with a huge carbon spoiler doing at least 95, weaving through traffic doing 75 (in a 55). He was out of sight in less than a minute. Dude was taking the lunacy of that road to a whole other level.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
They're not steamed, but the little shack about 10 minutes from my place in Colchester, CT called Harry's Place has the best drat burgers, a hell of a lobster roll, and pretty drat good clam strips.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I just had a thought... You could pull that fiberglass top off the van and turn the whole roof into one big sunroof with some plexiglass.
At least then you could get it in the garage.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Noise Complaint posted:

They're not steamed, but the little shack about 10 minutes from my place in Colchester, CT called Harry's Place has the best drat burgers, a hell of a lobster roll, and pretty drat good clam strips.

Everybody knows that Steamed Hams are an Albany thing.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I just had a thought... You could pull that fiberglass top off the van and turn the whole roof into one big sunroof with some plexiglass.
At least then you could get it in the garage.

IIRC it wouldn't have fit even with the top off. That garage door is loooww.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Terrible Robot posted:

IIRC it wouldn't have fit even with the top off. That garage door is loooww.

So Wes won't let me cram my 14 footer in his port? :/

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Ozmiander posted:

So Wes won't let me cram my 14 footer in his port? :/

Noo but you are...cleared for docking :dance:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

So in addition to Wrar, myself, and fish, who would be rolling out from Wes's thursday morning with us?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Me

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Are you planning on hitching a ride with us or fish or rolling solo?
If you're not terribly tall the volvo is cushy as gently caress.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Riding with Fish most likely

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
I am seriously digging this mustang. Put 500 miles on it today and it returned 31.5mpg @ 80mph.

If Ford grant my wish and put the 450hp twin turbo V6 from the Raptor in next year's model it would be just absurdly good.

Speaking of which I am all up in Savannah, GA right now, and this whole area is beautiful.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Vic's on the River in Savannah had the best collard greens this country boy has ever had.

Yes this prole slurped the juice in front of probably very disgusted members of the 1%.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Yes. Yes, they are.

Get some Pepe's Pizza if you're going by. http://www.pepespizzeria.com/

literally a fish posted:

Speaking of which I am all up in Savannah, GA right now, and this whole area is beautiful.

Mrs. Wilke's Boarding House on Jones St. Pay $27 and stuff your face

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

toplitzin posted:

Fish, I'm planning on stopping in Philly on the drive up for a taste of the 4 major "homes of the cheesesteak." You in? (Pat's, Geno's, Jim's, and Tony Luke's)
I figure 3+ goons can split 4 cheesesteaks and not die.

You want roast pork with broccoli rabe from Tony Lukes ("one wit" - seriously if you don't specify anything more than that they'll know what you want). They're the only place that makes it right.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

PainterofCrap posted:

Get some Pepe's Pizza if you're going by. http://www.pepespizzeria.com/

A thousand times this. The Summer Pie is available, and amazing. I'm also a fan of the Clam with bacon.

Sooooooo good. Don't go to the satellite stores, only the original on Wooster.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

It was beautiful.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I am extremely jealous

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
poo poo, also very jealous! Bucket list stuff there

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Could you see the re-entry burn?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

sharkytm posted:

Could you see the re-entry burn?

Yup! just barely. Pretty :3:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I am extremely jealous

slothrop posted:

poo poo, also very jealous! Bucket list stuff there

:smuggo:

It's just amazing. I spent all day at KSC today and will be there again tomorrow.

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 17, 2016

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
Made it back to Wes's. I suspect this thread is pretty much done, unless people would like a blow by blow of the rest of my vacation :v:

For NEAI shenanigans, see the NEAI thread.

also, link to flickr album from KSC

Atlantis is probably my favorite part.

You never quite grasp the scale of space stuff until you see it in person.

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 17, 2016

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

What happens to the motor? What happens to the shell? You can't just limp out of this one.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

meatpimp posted:

What happens to the motor? What happens to the shell? You can't just limp out of this one.

Motor's getting sold and shell's getting scrapped unless anyone wants it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

literally a fish posted:

Motor's getting sold and shell's getting scrapped unless anyone wants it.

From micro updates to macro summaries. :sigh:

:rip: thread.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'm ok with adventures of an aussie in america, featuring an ecoboost mustang. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

stevobob posted:

This thread is like being pulled by a chain up the first hill of a roller coaster. So much anticipation! Thrills! Quick unexpected curves! Unyielding waves of vomit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FwmPs-ZjPA&t=8s

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 15, 2016

• Locked thread