Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I just looked at the feat Beam Blaster. I really like the idea (it's good for miniguns, shotguns, ridiculous anime attacks), but with range 5, you're also missing out on a lot of squares.

To kinda show the comparison, at level 8, an archer's the normal blaster burst is 5x5, and a beam blaster burst is 3x5 and it has to be adjacent.

Normal bursts cover 9, 16 and 25 squares, beam bursts cover 5, 10 and 15 and are forced adjacent. Though, you certainly don't want to go "A beam of length [range]" because then a level 8 beam blaster sniper archer would cover 60 squares.

Maybe there's some other benefit a beam blaster could have, though? +1 damage, blow away low terrain, the option to push enemies?

Edit: How does Blaster work with abilities that create zones around targets, and area effects? If an archer/blaster hit 3 targets with Area Denial, does it create 3 3x3 squares that overlap (I very much doubt this)? Or, like, one large area made up of multiple squares that functions as one zone? Or just one 3x3 zone? Would Explosive Arrow cause 3 instances of start-of-turn explosions?

Would a bombardier make a 3x3 square of 3x3 zones?

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Beam blaster also works for melee classes, which means you can turn a martial artist's attacks from single target to 3x5, which is a major jump.

In the bombardier class description, it states that instead of the regular multitarget boost, they just combine two of their shapes for their zone.

Tsilkani fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 17, 2016

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Oh, I missed that bit in the class description.

Yeah, I guess I hadn't considered how blasts works for melee characters. If they managed to get some decent reach, then non-beam blasts are still pretty much better, and definitely more flexible. Melee blasters basically say "do a 3x3/4x4/5x5 blast within your melee reach", so if they have reach 3, it's definitely more flexible than a 5x3 beam, since you can also do things like "have the blast centered on yourself" or "have the blast centered one square away." But, if you don't have a way to increase reach, it could definitely help things.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

How many action points do people get at the start of game?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jade Mage posted:

How many action points do people get at the start of game?

One per session and one "can give out as a freebee to another player when they do something cool". You can also have as many as you want at a time, but can only hold onto three at the end of the session.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

drrockso20 posted:

man I want to buy a physical copy of Strike, but buying anything physical from Drivethrustuff is just plain awful, you have to pay a stupidly overpriced amount if you don't want to have to wait potentially almost a month to get what you ordered, really wish you had this available on Lulu or Amazon as well, cause at least you can get a halfway decent shipping rate from them

also is there any difference between the two files you get when you buy the book digitally(Strike.pdf, and Strike_Digital.pdf), cause I'll admit I'm kinda confused about that
I will see what is involved with getting them up elsewhere - I'm not exclusive with drive thru. But no promises on the timeline for that.

I need to fix the digital files. There should only be the one. I thought I replaced one with the other, but I guess I added it instead? I'll fix it by changing them for a version with a typo or two fixed.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I just looked at the feat Beam Blaster. I really like the idea (it's good for miniguns, shotguns, ridiculous anime attacks), but with range 5, you're also missing out on a lot of squares.

To kinda show the comparison, at level 8, an archer's the normal blaster burst is 5x5, and a beam blaster burst is 3x5 and it has to be adjacent.

Normal bursts cover 9, 16 and 25 squares, beam bursts cover 5, 10 and 15 and are forced adjacent. Though, you certainly don't want to go "A beam of length [range]" because then a level 8 beam blaster sniper archer would cover 60 squares.

Maybe there's some other benefit a beam blaster could have, though? +1 damage, blow away low terrain, the option to push enemies?

Edit: How does Blaster work with abilities that create zones around targets, and area effects? If an archer/blaster hit 3 targets with Area Denial, does it create 3 3x3 squares that overlap (I very much doubt this)? Or, like, one large area made up of multiple squares that functions as one zone? Or just one 3x3 zone? Would Explosive Arrow cause 3 instances of start-of-turn explosions?

Would a bombardier make a 3x3 square of 3x3 zones?

The beam blaster feat for a melee character gets you a 3x5 beam adjacent replacing a 5x5 square that must be centered on the user. You sacrifice number of squares for more control over where those squares can go.

For zones, overlapping zones don't stack, but you do end up with a larger area if you hit more than one target. If you get the effect of explosive arrow more than once, then yes, you get multiple explosions out of it.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Gort posted:

I'm not sure it's possible to make a system that can go from medieval-style battles to "if you're in the open you're dead"-style WW2 battles with just one rule change. It might be better to have two separate rule-sets for melee-heavy and ranged-heavy settings.

I dunno. In the open = dead may be true of reality, but its not true of cinema logic and I don't think you need to go too far from the core rules to do a passable die hard, john woo or old bond fight.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Jimbozig posted:

I will see what is involved with getting them up elsewhere - I'm not exclusive with drive thru. But no promises on the timeline for that.

I need to fix the digital files. There should only be the one. I thought I replaced one with the other, but I guess I added it instead? I'll fix it by changing them for a version with a typo or two fixed.

I'll admit part of it is just me griping about prices due to the time of the month, if this had been at the start of the month I probably would have just eaten the shipping charges(and I'll probably do so in February when I have more money), but it's probably a good idea to expand the amount of places you offer it anyways, kinda like how Basic Fantasy RPG is on both Amazon and Lulu, and Fantastic Heroes & Witchery is on both as well(softcover through Amazon, hardcover through Lulu) and sells it's PDF version on Drivethrustuff too, no need to rush yourself about this of course

Also interesting to find out what exactly is up with those files

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Jimbozig posted:

For zones, overlapping zones don't stack, but you do end up with a larger area if you hit more than one target.

Cool, that's what I was expecting. Do zones from different people stack? Like, two archers using Area Denial? Or the Sentinel's special ability to cover ground?

I heard defender marks stack. Is that true?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Marks absolutely stack, yes. This can lead to "no win" situations for enemies, but it's usually not actually that bad since marking multiple enemies isn't actually that easy outside of the high level "mark 3" ability.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Well, still, 5 ranged defenders working in tandem can just go "Oh, attack and you'll take 12/15 damage", which is pretty good for damage you don't have to roll.

Now, we just need 5 archer(sentinel)/defenders.

Or 5 Magician/Defenders all attacking with Prismatic Spray. Take 10 damage. Ok, if you do anything, take 12 damage.

Team Bland.

Edit:
I was talking ideas with a guy for the Star Wars game, and I realized that Necromancer actually goes really well with Leaders and Defenders. Gift of Terror is really good at the "I have a fearsome reputation", and you can bring allies back into the fight with Raise Dead. And Mark of Vampirism regeneration mixed with the Defender Defense Boost HP gain means you're gaining LOTS of HP.

Man I need more strike games.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 18, 2016

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Countblanc posted:

Marks absolutely stack, yes. This can lead to "no win" situations for enemies, but it's usually not actually that bad since marking multiple enemies isn't actually that easy outside of the high level "mark 3" ability.

Speaking of "no win" situations, my group is very fond of "mark enemy with a melee fighter, then do the archer's area denial on them". Attack the fighter and get hit by arrows, move and get hit by the mark.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Yeah; from my admittedly brief experience playing as team monster in Strike, Marks were a major jarring change from 4e. In 4e defenders are generally a part of battlefield control, whereas I pretty quickly realised marks are largely just autodamage you can't really avoid in Strike!.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Well, yeah, marks are autodamage. Which is a kind of control (soft control, like the Archer at-wills). However, between feats and defender powers like "I don't think so!" you can ramp that up to hard control. It's just less position based, which is why we probably never saw a ranged defender class in 4e. I mean, it's possible to make a ranged defender in 4e, but you have to do things like hybrids and careful feat and power selections.

Edit: Don't forget character classes, too. Necromancers built for close range encounters can have a guy be constantly harried and distracted, especially if you add that movement increasing feat that lets you use squares of movement on reaction to chase them down. Duelists, martial artists and kraken-shapeshifters all have ways to control the area around them. Heck, a melee magician can be REALLY hard to get away from. All classes have a level of control built in, and defender marks just turns the screws harder.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 18, 2016

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Well, yeah, marks are autodamage. Which is a kind of control (soft control, like the Archer at-wills). However, between feats and defender powers like "I don't think so!" you can ramp that up to hard control. It's just less position based, which is why we probably never saw a ranged defender class in 4e. I mean, it's possible to make a ranged defender in 4e, but you have to do things like hybrids and careful feat and power selections.

Edit: Don't forget character classes, too. Necromancers built for close range encounters can have a guy be constantly harried and distracted, especially if you add that movement increasing feat that lets you use squares of movement on reaction to chase them down. Duelists, martial artists and kraken-shapeshifters all have ways to control the area around them. Heck, a melee magician can be REALLY hard to get away from. All classes have a level of control built in, and defender marks just turns the screws harder.

I don't know; I don't really think "Do anything and also take 12 damage" is meaningfully a control effect, except by the tombstone mez effect.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

spectralent posted:

I don't know; I don't really think "Do anything and also take 12 damage" is meaningfully a control effect, except by the tombstone mez effect.

If you had a Simple Class character who was a defender at level 1 with no appropriate feats, sure, that could be the case. I mean, I'm the one who pointed out "Magician Defender can just sit around and autodamage."

But, let's pick on a necromancer/defender. He's level 5, and has the feats Melee Shooter, Ranged Defender and Sprinter. He took Seed of Fear and Terrifying Visage, and his death mark is Mark of Terror. His defender level 2 move is "I don't think so."

Necromancer hits The Target with Seed of Fear. If it ends within 5 squares of The Necromancer, he's harried and distracted, which very quickly limits the target's options. The necromancer uses his Defender Mark. He moves adjacent to the target, using (up to) 5 squares of movement.

This is the situation now: if The Target moves away, then they can move 6 squares. But The Necromancer can move 5 squares still this round, ending within 5. Unless the Target chooses not to attack at all, its going to end up Harried and Distracted. If the Target attacks someone who isn't the Necromancer, then the Necromancer can choose to Slow the target automatically (good luck getting away now), or use "I don't think so" to remove the attack outright. Or both. So, the only real option is to attack the necromancer. (If you managed to get adjacent to the target on your turn, you can also hit them with a slow as they try to walk away or if they try to shoot you).

On the Necromancer's turn, he's rather close to The Target. Hit the nerd with Terrifying Visage, and the Target HAS to use its move action to get away... which means they shift (remain in your aura) or take an actual move, which not only hits with an opportunity (which you can slow on, if you'd like, preventing them from leaving your Harried/Distracted zone even if they DOUBLE move) it also means the faster Necromancer can swoop around and box the guy in. Or, he can start spreading around his Mark of Terror to other people with Less HP. If you have a friendly striker or blaster, they can start whittling down other creatures. Every time one of those other creatures dies, The Target has roll a save (at disadvantage) or be dazed, along with any creature within 3 squares of the dead guy. So now, The Target is slowed, harried, distracted, probably dazed, and marked.

This is by himself, for the record. Controllers can slide the Target next to The Necromancer and force rerolling that Daze save. Warlords can help the Necromancer spread his Mark of Terror. Leaders can make sure the Necromancer keeps up if the Target somehow double moves fully. Strikers can kill Terror'd guys. Blasters can create terrain to block people in. Magicians can throw Save Ends conditions at it (since the guy is saving at disadvantage). Archers can cover the place in zones. Bombardiers can create zones of damage for the guy to sit on.

You can get a crazy amount of control from a defender, if you use class and role abilities in concert, and with a little help, you can just drown a bad guy in status effects. It's a good time all around.

All that TOO much work? A necromancer friend could spread Mark of Terror (so you can take Mark of Vampirism, if you'd like, to make yourself PRETTY TOUGH). A necromancer/blaster or a necromancer with a warlord can do this. Have melee shooter and distant defender. Walk up to a dude, mark him, hit him with Terrifying Visage repeatedly. When your friend's mark of Terror goes off, there's a good chance your target is dazed. Your target gets TWO OPTIONS: Shift and end turn, or walk away and be slowed then end turn. That's not a lot of options.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 18, 2016

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

I ran a test combat last night on Roll20, took about an hour and a half, which I expected considering I've got fuckall experience with the system and GMing in general, but everyone seemed to have a good time regardless.

e: Oh, and I had YET another question, if a monster has the Resilent trait (not to be confused with the Resilent feat) which allows it to save at the beginning of its turn, and it has been inflicted with Ongoing Damage (save ends) can it make its save before the damage, potentially negating it?

Scyther fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 19, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Scyther posted:

e: Oh, and I had YET another question, if a monster has the Resilent trait (not to be confused with the Resilent feat) which allows it to save at the beginning of its turn, and it has been inflicted with Ongoing Damage (save ends) can it make its save before the damage, potentially negating it?

I'm about 95% certain that is the intention, yes.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

fool_of_sound posted:

I'm about 95% certain that is the intention, yes.

Yep. The point of that trait is that the monster may save out of poo poo before suffering from it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I have begun to put serious work into the idea of X-Com Strike.

My first bit of heresy brilliance is putting the higher level abilities of each class behind a reskinned tech tree.

Laser Weaponry - Archer
Plasma Weaponry - Bombardier
Kung FuFO - Martial Artist
Electrowhip - Duelist
Psionic Operations - Necromancer
Biokinetics - Warlord
Quantum Technology - Magician
MEC Troopers - Shapechanger
Nanotechnology - Summoner
Combat Drones - Buddies

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 20, 2016

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
:roboluv:
In the video game, the vast majority of the tech tree (and of most things you can buy in-base) are just bigger damage, more HP, and occasional feat-like bonuses. The special abilities come mostly from soldiers leveling up. As boring as that sounds, it ends up satisfying in play because it makes the urgency of the tech race very clear. Why the change?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I have begun to put serious work into the idea of X-Com Strike.

My first bit of heresy brilliance is putting the higher level abilities of each class behind a reskinned tech tree.

Laser Weaponry - Archer
Plasma Weaponry - Bombardier
Kung FuFO - Martial Artist
Electrowhip - Duelist
Psionic Operations - Necromancer
Biokinetics - Warlord
Quantum Technology - Magician
MEC Troopers - Shapechanger
Nanotechnology - Summoner
Combat Drones - Buddies

Ok, so, you need to "unlock" laser weaponry before you can play an archer? Or do Archers have special upgrades about laser weaponry? Or are you adding additional feats for archers based around laser weaponry?

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Ok, so, you need to "unlock" laser weaponry before you can play an archer? Or do Archers have special upgrades about laser weaponry? Or are you adding additional feats for archers based around laser weaponry?

I think they meant that researching tech is what let's you level up and get encounter powers and such. That's how I took it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Turing sex machine posted:

In the video game, the vast majority of the tech tree (and of most things you can buy in-base) are just bigger damage, more HP, and occasional feat-like bonuses. The special abilities come mostly from soldiers leveling up. As boring as that sounds, it ends up satisfying in play because it makes the urgency of the tech race very clear. Why the change?

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Jimbozig posted:

I think they meant that researching tech is what let's you level up and get encounter powers and such. That's how I took it.
I'm going back and forth on it, but my main idea was that every class starts with some basic stuff (say, up to level 3), and the tree does a combination of raising the level cap, and providing extra bonuses/feats. For example, the Archer optional "you can reload one Trick Arrow use with a Rally" is a technology, which later gets improved to "you can reload all Trick Arrow uses with a Rally".

The problem there is that some classes have much clearer places to gain benefits than others. Archer's easy, Buddies is easy, but Magician and Summoner, for example, much less easy.

I might just toss the whole thing out and run a Weird West game instead.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you want to do something like that and don't feel like brainstorming a bunch of stuff just ask your players to do it. Though at that point you might as well say "make a list of 4 bonuses you want to get while you level up, and then another 1-3 every level that you don't actually care about"

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
:roboluv:
That's what I thought you meant, but I'm still curious as to why you'd do this instead of what the XCOM video game does.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Late to the punch, but on the note of the previous Gambler class convo, I wanted to point at least a little attention to the same specialization in FFG's Edge of the Empire game. The main two abilities they have are Double or Nothing (increase the difficulty of a check, but if you succeed, you get double bonuses to various things)...and an ability to let them reroll dice.

To put this into Strike!, while I think the gambler SHOULD have an element of luck, I think it's important to point out the main problem with FFd6's corsair (which is quite frankly probably the weakest class in that game) - they are at their best and luckiest on par with other characters, and they have an ~50% chance to do nothing. If a Gambler class IS reliant on luck, then they need to a) be so in a way that isn't discouraging with constant failures, and b) their big booms need to be BIG booms. Jackpot needs to matter. The way to solve the former (potentially, at least) is to give the Gambler something they drat well need, something the FFG Gambler has: a cheat. The need aces up their sleeves, loaded die, etc, etc. It's all well and good to require luck, but what kind of gambler based RPG character doesn't also know that, sometimes, you gotta make your own luck?

Of course this is assuming the Gambler has to be 100% reliant on random mechanics in the first place. I think there's more or less two kinds of "Gambler" characters. There's the one where the PLAYER is entirely reliant on luck, which would lead to not many character decisions you can actually have since, well, you have to be lucky. Then there's the one where the CHARACTER is reliant on luck...and the PLAYER has a bunch of options to manipulate it. I can only speak personally but when I play that sorta character, I want the latter. I want someone who fucks with the die, who's just That Goddamn Lucky (right until they aren't and it lands them in an impressive amount of trouble), who's main presence in the party is that they stack that deck. And to be frank, I've yet to see the former type of gambler based character work in a satisfactory manner.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Speaking of high risk and high reward classes, I was thinking of making some sort of "Berserker" class whose moves aren't very impressive normally but become stronger and trickier when they are below a certain HP threshold and deal damage to themselves to remove debuffs/gain buffs. Like a move that only deals medium damage normally but when the user is below 4 HP it also drains health or stabbing your own leg to increase your movement/take off a snare.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Speaking of high risk and high reward classes, I was thinking of making some sort of "Berserker" class whose moves aren't very impressive normally but become stronger and trickier when they are below a certain HP threshold and deal damage to themselves to remove debuffs/gain buffs. Like a move that only deals medium damage normally but when the user is below 4 HP it also drains health or stabbing your own leg to increase your movement/take off a snare.
My immediate first thought? "Encourages bad habits". The MMO City of Heroes had a class that had a similar feature on their glass-cannon class (coincidentally also named Blasters), but they removed it because it rewarded poor play and reinforced bad habits. Like, ideally, you want a class to be feasible in any role, but I can't exactly see "Berserker Leader" or "Berserker Defender" working out very well. The idea of power-at-a-price is a good core to build off of, but ideally, you probably want to do it in a way that has less chance of going catastrophically wrong.

(Alternatively, just make very sure there's several failsafes that keep the player from getting Taken Out because of one unlucky turn. "The Buffer Points Class" would also be a decent thing to build around, if you wanted to go that direction.)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Berserker leader doesn't synergize well I admit but defender actually does as I envision it since you want to get beaten up ASAP to start going ham.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

My immediate first thought? "Encourages bad habits". The MMO City of Heroes had a class that had a similar feature on their glass-cannon class (coincidentally also named Blasters), but they removed it because it rewarded poor play and reinforced bad habits. Like, ideally, you want a class to be feasible in any role, but I can't exactly see "Berserker Leader" or "Berserker Defender" working out very well. The idea of power-at-a-price is a good core to build off of, but ideally, you probably want to do it in a way that has less chance of going catastrophically wrong.

(Alternatively, just make very sure there's several failsafes that keep the player from getting Taken Out because of one unlucky turn. "The Buffer Points Class" would also be a decent thing to build around, if you wanted to go that direction.)

One of the ways you can do this was located in the scrapper tree, actually; you have increasing protection as you lose health. So, after you're hit first, you gain resist 1, then when you're on 5 or less resist 2, etc. Maybe with a global resist against high spikes to prevent things bypassing your defences all in one.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

In my mind, a gambler should work both ways - they should be able to roll really well and be lucky enough to do Big Things outside what other characters do. They should also have a [limited number] of cheats, that let them pretend like they rolled really well, even though they didn't. The challenge is balancing them being able to do these Big Things that probably should partially be 'better' than what other people do, with not overshadowing other characters.

The closest thing to a 'satisfying' gambler type class I've played was actually a homebrew 4e class, which was a Controller whose every power had 2-3 effects they could apply, depending on a d6 rolled along them. A 1 would be a less amazing but still okay effect, a 2-5 would be about 'on par' with the usual for controller powers, and a 6 was just outright Better. I forget where the class was - it was unfinished [heroic only] when I used it, but it was really neat. You never felt like an action was 'wasted' and most of the time you were the same as usual for a controller, but sometimes you got to swing something that utterly ruined a boss forever - and sometimes you swung the other way, and now you're like crap, I really would have liked to not have rolled that 1!'

It got an /encounter utility to reroll one D6 result for that specific mechanic, that was basically mandatory, but hey.

As for a berserker, you could easily make it work other ways too - give it multiple types like multi vs single form shifters. Give them like, Destroyers and Goliaths. Destroyers as they get more damage dealt to them deal more damage around and etc. Goliaths as they take more damage get more resists, more ways of tripping up the map maybe. So where Destroyers will utterly murder stuff with their powers as the damage goes up, Goliaths will start knocking people on their back and then shrugging off fireballs.

But a destroyer should, somehow, be viable as a defender still, which is difficult in comparison, I guess?

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 21, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The last playtest document for the Rogue I saw involved a build which emphasized Advantage by making it deal Striker-esque bonus damage on a 6, and has some powers that let you sacrifice advantage to turn any hit into a crit (effectively giving them a push your luck mechanic). I'm not sure what of that remains in the current build but there's some gambler go-big-or-go-home elements in there.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Have you looked at the Blood Mage build for the Magician?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Jimbozig posted:

You know what? I'd love to get more people pledging there. So, for a limited time only, any goons here who get on the Patreon now can have it work retroactively, getting the new adventure and the vehicles expansion for free!

How long is this limited-time? Signed up regardless, for the future stuff.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

CuddlyZombie posted:

How long is this limited-time? Signed up regardless, for the future stuff.

It'll be until the next one comes out at least. I'll catch up and send you some links as soon as I get home to my spreadsheet.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Jimbozig posted:

It'll be until the next one comes out at least. I'll catch up and send you some links as soon as I get home to my spreadsheet.

Sick, thank you!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Since the Strike PDF brings it up, has anyone tried to implement the Shadow of Yesterday's Keys (or any similar XP systems) into their games?

I'm liking the idea of Keys and I want to try them for a future game with this iteration as a base. I'm also thinking about dropping Complications to gain Action Points from Keys instead, but I'm not sure how much of a good idea it is to tie XP and AP into the same source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Hey, I'm planning on doing an online combat test on Roll20 for the Rogue this Wednesday from 9PM to 12 Eastern, and I'm looking for a few more people. The goal would be to get done 3 combats that night. So far I think I have two players each, and ideally we'll run with 4 or 5, (although 3 is okay, too). Any volunteers?

Jimbozig fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 24, 2016