Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

They should do the same thing as with the movie forum and make a new, more casual forum where it's illegal to bully people by saying books are written with words. Everybody wins, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

kcroy posted:

On rereading the ending - a few things popped out regarding the possession going on. It looked to me like Kellus made some sort of pact with the 4 horned god, allowing the possession - perhaps promising him the world in exchange for safety/kingdom in hell. And then does something to kick the God out. I mean I didn't see any actual activity that Kelmomas did to interrupt the possession.

Kelmomas fucks up god stuff in general, so it probably worked the same way it broke the Narindar & Sorweel.

kcroy posted:

There is also a weird sentence where one of the Mutilated acts like he is answering a question about Kelmomas, even though no one has asked one. As if he were carrying on a separate conversation with Kellhus that the others were not hearing.

He's talking about Ajokli, isn't he? Kellhus/Ajokli begins giving his pitch about them serving him as generals, one of the mutilated begins saying something about his siblings hunting him, and how he is hiding here, which I took to mean that the other Gods are pissed about him sneaking into the Granary.

kcroy posted:

Why can the Gods see Kellhus but not Kelmomas? Is it because he was destined to be / is the no-god?

Gotta be this, right? Kelmomas will become the No-God, the No-God is invisible, time is non-linear, therefor he's always been invisible.

Crespolini fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 31, 2017

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Amethyst posted:

I found this trilogy really frustrating to read. First had promise, the second two I count as essentially a complete waste of time.

Out of curiosity, what was it you found interesting about the first book but not the sequels?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Safety Biscuits posted:

As for the Jesus lion, nuff said.

You hate lions or something?