Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah that was me for an hour the other day trying to buy stuff from the holiday sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I too was an anime vita owner the other day

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

KingShiro posted:

Yeah that was me for an hour the other day trying to buy stuff from the holiday sale.

Buy codes from Amazon or whatever there's no point in messing around with credit cards.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Thanks for the recommendations everyone, I'll probably get Helldivers and maybe EDF 4.1.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Asked this in last three right before it got shut down...

Amplitude or Rebel Galaxy hitting that night at 9pacific?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I love those cute anime pictures.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
And PSN is down. :waycool: Status page shows everything is down.

Feenix posted:

Asked this in last three right before it got shut down...

Amplitude or Rebel Galaxy hitting that night at 9pacific?

Most likely no. They may show up at midnight GMT/4pm Pacific in the EU store later tonight, though.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Apologies to people who tried to get in PSGoons over christmas, I have been without Internet for a few weeks and couldn't add you in. If the network survives I'll get you in today or tomorrow

Man, it is the Dead Sea in those comments.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Apologies to people who tried to get in PSGoons over christmas, I have been without Internet for a few weeks and couldn't add you in. If the network survives I'll get you in today or tomorrow

Man, it is the Dead Sea in those comments.

Is PSGoons a Community? I should try to join that I guess.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Skychrono posted:

Is PSGoons a Community? I should try to join that I guess.

It is a community (message me at rayst191 and then apply) but it is largely useless because most people don't set their parties to community parties I guess. I only ever see on Cod party going at any one time (no matter the community focus, oddly)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Yechezkel posted:

And PSN is down. :waycool: Status page shows everything is down.

Most likely no. They may show up at midnight GMT/4pm Pacific in the EU store later tonight, though.

CoD kills another network due to how awesome it is. :hellyeah:
Can't wait for a free Undertow 2! :woop:

Visit the Black Ops 3 thread if you haven't already! We have 150 players in the Community thus far!

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
:negative: This thread jinxed PSN. It's still down. Something involved with https://auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/2.0/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=f6c7057b-f688-4744-91c0-8179592371d2&scope=kamaji:commerce_native,kamaji:commerce_container,kamaji:lists&service_entity=urn:service-entity:psn&prompt=none&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fstore.playstation.com%2Fshared%2Fhtml%2FversaRedirect.html isn't loading.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Oh no, what if I can't get my PS+ games tomorrow :geno:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

elf help book posted:

Oh no, what if I can't get my PS+ games tomorrow :geno:

i've already forgotten what they were

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Attitude Indicator posted:

i've already forgotten what they were

walking dead season 2 episode 2 and Knack.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

PSN being down means I can't redownload all my games after putting a new hard drive in :(

Which, as an aside, was refreshingly easy in the hellish world of "If you mod this or open the case we will literally shoot you" product protection.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I've been trying to play The Crew all day, and PSN is screwing me. This is after The Crew servers were broken for a day and a half a few days ago. How am I supposed to spend hours grinding my car levels up from 1000 to 1299?

Also I'm vaguely excited for Grim Fandango as a US PS+ game. I loved this game back when it came out in the 90's, and I'm curious to see if I can still handle the necessary "adventure game logic" to play it. Realistically I'll probably just open a walk-through the first time I get stuck.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

PSN being down means I can't redownload all my games after putting a new hard drive in :(

Which, as an aside, was refreshingly easy in the hellish world of "If you mod this or open the case we will literally shoot you" product protection.

Whattup new hard drive buddy? Did you do the trick where you buy an external 2 TB Samsung Expansion and you bust it open and inside is a Samsung that is more expensive to buy by itself for some reason and you swap that with the one in the PS4 so you get like a free 500 GB external?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

chaosbreather posted:

Whattup new hard drive buddy? Did you do the trick where you buy an external 2 TB Samsung Expansion and you bust it open and inside is a Samsung that is more expensive to buy by itself for some reason and you swap that with the one in the PS4 so you get like a free 500 GB external?

You know it bro, 2tb Seagate external hard drive becomes an internal hard drive with a flathead and a bit of force.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You know it bro, 2tb Seagate external hard drive becomes an internal hard drive with a flathead and a bit of force.

Oh yeah a Seagate external is what I meant. I want to know why Seagate put Samsung drives in their things? That's weird yo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mr Hootington posted:

walking dead season 2 episode 2 and Knack.

The entire season 2 of TWD was free for PS+ like two months ago. Your joke fails, sir. FAILS!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

precision posted:

The entire season 2 of TWD was free for PS+ like two months ago. Your joke fails, sir. FAILS!

Oh darn.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I'm excited for that free Medal of Honor game for like no reason. Does it have machine guns that spun swarms of enemies like the first couple of games?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
It looks like PSN is finally up and running. Hopefully, nothing too important was affec...

quote:

@CODWorldLeague
Due to issues beyond our control, the start of the CWL will be pushed to next week in all regions.
:pwn:

EU PS+ members, another free PS+ exclusive PS4 static theme for you all, from Grim Fandango Remastered. January PS+ games are not up yet.

For everyone in EU store, the 6 Rock Band 4 add-on songs that weren't released last week are now up for you all.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh, I guess PlayStation really is going to compensate for the downtime:

quote:

@PlayStation
Thanks for your patience today - stay tuned for details on PS Plus, PS Now, and video rental extensions.

:shrug: okay, I'll take it.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Yechezkel posted:

Oh, I guess PlayStation really is going to compensate for the downtime:

:shrug: okay, I'll take it.

I can't wait for the offer of one free week of plus :toot:

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I'm playing Disgaea right now, so I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary. :v:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

morallyobjected posted:

I can't wait for the offer of one free week of plus :toot:

Which probably pushes all the PS+ freebies up to the top of the download list.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

chaosbreather posted:

Oh yeah a Seagate external is what I meant. I want to know why Seagate put Samsung drives in their things? That's weird yo

EDIT: Whoops.

Seagate bought Samsung's platter drive shops.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

The previous thread wasn't consistent on reporting the monthly Japanese PS+ games, so I thought I'd fix that. The games for January, just reported on the PlayStation blog:

- (Vita) Toukiden Kiwami (Koei Tecmo the Best)
- (PS4) Hardware Rivals
- (PS3/Vita/PSP) Capcom Generation Vol. 5: The Fighters (PS1 classic) This is a collection of three Street Fighter 2 games
- (PS3) SSX Download Edition
- (PS3/Vita) Urban Trial Freestyle
- (PS4/Vita) Xeodrifter
- (Vita) Rocket Birds: Hardboiled Chicken

(Yes, the PSP store is still online in Japan, but not for long)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Hardware rivals is absolute poo poo.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Yesss I'm so glad I held off on grabbing Grim Fandango last month :haw:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Store is partially updated.

PS4:
Amplitude (and demo)
Hardware: Rivals
Grim Fandango: Remastered

PS3:
Dragon Age: Origins
Medal of Honor: Warfighter

PSVita:
Nihilumbra
History Legends of War: Patton
Grim Fandango: Remastered

Obviously, make sure the price is $0 when purchasing PS+ titles.

edit:

Pardot posted:

This link is good because then you can just click click click all the fantastic games each month https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES
Is now updated, which is nice.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 5, 2016

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Did amplitude turn out to be good?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Vita offerings have reached new levels of barrel scraping, apart from Grim Fandango. The rest aren't much better.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Sakurazuka posted:

The Vita offerings have reached new levels of barrel scraping, apart from Grim Fandango. The rest aren't much better.

It's not like there was much in the Vita barrel to begin with.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Alright so yeah, ignoring the OP, lets talk about those weird otaku games. I'll start.

Muramasa: Rebirth is great and everyone should play it.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

This link is good because then you can just click click click all the fantastic games each month https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Pardot posted:

Usually the last thing that gets updated during store updates, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

History Legends of Patton is a remarkable new low for that service.

• Locked thread