Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Both the classes I wanna play from videos showing them are Lyn only so time for midgets with cool ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Did get KFM to 10 today. I like the flow of it a lot more than Destroyer, and already having two long distance approaches rules, but not having much AoE at that level kinda stinks. Plus the ping on TW makes it hard to combo right (not that comboing is hugely relevant with a maxed out Hongmoon weapon at that level, but hey yo).

Fun to get the flow right, though, which I wasn't really expecting. Guess I have to give BM and Sin a chance after all, before the game launches.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Do force masters have anything cool like the destroyer piledriver or assassin izuna drop?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You shoot ice and fire so...

No.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
But they can knock enemies into the air, hold them there, and them summon an exploding pillar of fire beneath them.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Cant wait to make a destroyer in this. Greased up muscle man with a carnival barker mustache and slicked back hair, suplexing bears in the woods.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I opened up the US client by mistake after it finished patching and it asked me for a security PIN, like it did when I signed up for a JP account. It's just showing that because the servers aren't running, right :ohdear:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Maybe they're making two-factor authentication required? NCSoft does support it in theory.

AngstPenguin
Oct 10, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I opened up the US client by mistake after it finished patching and it asked me for a security PIN, like it did when I signed up for a JP account. It's just showing that because the servers aren't running, right :ohdear:

Did you play Wildstar? Did you use their auth thing?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

AngstPenguin posted:

Did you play Wildstar? Did you use their auth thing?

Awe gently caress, you're right. And I never properly took off the authenticator.

Wait why did it let me log in and buy the $25 pack without authenticating then, I haven't had the right authenticator installed on my phone in a dog's age :psyduck:

(edit) And why did said site let me remove said authenticator with nothing more than an email, what is even the point if removal is so easy :psypop:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

I had a thought. Can Summoners name their pets? Can you get a top hat and/or monocle and maybe fancy suit to equip your cat with?

This is important.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Catsworth posted:

I had a thought. Can Summoners name their pets? Can you get a top hat and/or monocle and maybe fancy suit to equip your cat with?

This is important.

Kitty cat dressup is a dangerous hole to fall into. Soon you will be dressing up cats in real life.

The dangers of the Cat Wrangler class.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Catsworth posted:

This is important.

I know you can name them.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Catsworth posted:

This is important.

So will you name your cat Catsworth or Johnny Cat?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Depends on what kind of outfit I can find for him!

This is all good news though.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Catsworth posted:

This is important.

They got a bunch of funny hats but I don't remember seeing any top hats when I was playing on the Taiwan servers. There are hairstyles for cats too, even the same sets you can get from roulettes drop cat versions for your cat. Then theres really funny and adorable ones like cat-head-shaped diving helmets and watermelon hats.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Schubalts posted:

You can also buy/find clothes and hair for your cat.

Waiting for the blue version so every warlock on the server makes Catsune Miku

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Waiting for the blue version so every warlock on the server makes Catsune Miku

You could actually pull this off with the right hair color on a regular PC, as there's a version of Poh's hair that just uses your current hair color. There's only that one version for cats though, alas. I guess you'd have to make do with using a cat lyn instead.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Hey cathead, sign me up for Shanghai Goon for launch/headstart

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgJvd4fK94 This seems pretty cool.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Can anyone that's played a version of the game with them enabled talk about how Warlocks play compared to the other classes? I really enjoyed Blade Dancer's gameplay during the cbt, but Warlock sounds pretty enticing.

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Killed By Death posted:

Can anyone that's played a version of the game with them enabled talk about how Warlocks play compared to the other classes? I really enjoyed Blade Dancer's gameplay during the cbt, but Warlock sounds pretty enticing.

I didn't play WL a ton, just power leveled it up to 45 and stopped (and only PVE at that) but I can talk a bit. Having played both BD and WL though, I'd say they're kind of similar in that they have some nice crowd control abilities, with WL having ranged AOE ones (the snare which works on pretty much everything including bosses is the iconic one for WL imo). Otherwise, WL is pretty combo focused, e.g. you snare a group of enemies and then do AOE DoT on them, or do some pretty crazy AOE DPS with Spirit Surge and Darkflare Dragon between activations. I might have been playing it wrong, and I'd get more opinions, but WL was so combo focused for me that I pretty much couldn't do any DPS without using them so it was pretty annoying when killing things like 1 isolated mob.

As for mobility, WL was a lot less mobile for me just because a couple of key skills have cast times which require you to stop moving, and since you use combos a lot, you tend to have to stop a lot unless you do other combos beforehand which can power up your abilities to insta-cast and reset their cooldowns. As with all classes though, there's a certain amount of variability in play depending on your build though, I played mostly for AOE dps since it seemed all the skills were pointing that way.

Lastly, the summon was pretty nice, but not overwhelmingly so (except for the badass group buff you get at 45) and I found that unless I was doing really hard content (bosses, mushin's tower) I forgot to use it all the time since you can't have it up all the time.

Also, don't remember if it's been posted here yet, but https://bnstree.com is a pretty neat site for builds and also has some countdowns to launch.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
It seems that KFM abilities can be specced pretty heavily into life leeching and self healing, I suppose this is one of their main tank mechanics? I wonder if 5-10% healing on most attacks is enough to keep a KFM up in PVP? Anyone have any experience with this?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

It seems that KFM abilities can be specced pretty heavily into life leeching and self healing, I suppose this is one of their main tank mechanics?

That and Counter

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Kimsemus posted:

It seems that KFM abilities can be specced pretty heavily into life leeching and self healing, I suppose this is one of their main tank mechanics? I wonder if 5-10% healing on most attacks is enough to keep a KFM up in PVP? Anyone have any experience with this?

On the KFM tree, you can't really spec life-leech on your abilities. The branch everyone uses adds CC to your abilities which you need to pull off the kfm combos. You'll see that you could spec into 25-100% damage dealt as life down one branch, but the branches on the far right will have things like knockdown, dazes, and knock-up. Jaesung's combo video is helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3rc3piyE30

Khako fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 10, 2016

Kuai
May 25, 2004
If I want to focus on PvE would KFM be a safe bet for DPSing? I am debating between them and Destroyer but really like the Yun race.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Kuai posted:

If I want to focus on PvE would KFM be a safe bet for DPSing? I am debating between them and Destroyer but really like the Yun race.

All classes can DPS well, except for the Blade Dancer that I heard is behind the rest in PvE at 50+. Just a reminder if you pick Kung Fu Master or Blade Master, you'll be expected to tank since you have the skill points for extra threat. That goes for all melee classes if the party mainly consists of ranged or there isn't any Tanking classes.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Is it to late to nominate Gon with the WindWalk for guild name NA?

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

HapiMerchant posted:

Is it to late to nominate Gon with the WindWalk for guild name NA?

I don't know, hard to beat a Jackie Chan reference.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

How's the endgame?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Partial Octopus posted:

How's the endgame?

Look back in the thread. It has good PVP, varied dungeons and other activities. As far as lovely KRPGs go, this one seems to be pretty okay.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im having a hard time deciding between blademaster and kung fu master

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Kung fu, you're welcome

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Eonwe posted:

Blademaster is just KFM but lazier.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Do BM moves, aesthetically, have a lot of focus on lightning or is it mostly sword poo poo?

I really like lightning and am sad that FM apparently has none to call upon

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Blade Dancer has lightning on their wombo combo. This video is terrible in every way but you can see all their lightning abilities. The first boss has lightning abilities so I recommend skipping a bit but then you fall victim to his unfortunate song choice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhsu9JYd9rk

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Do BM moves, aesthetically, have a lot of focus on lightning or is it mostly sword poo poo?

I really like lightning and am sad that FM apparently has none to call upon

BM has the lightning but BD has utterly anime levels of flash and lightnings

FM has fire and ice

KFM has Fists

Deso has some fire bits

Assassin has shadow and wind

Summoner has flowers (and lasers)

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Are any of the classes especially broken or is everything pretty balanced for pvp?

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Partial Octopus posted:

Are any of the classes especially broken or is everything pretty balanced for pvp?

Summoner
Destroyer
Blade Dancer
Assassin

I think those are the strong PvP classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Partial Octopus posted:

It's fairly balanced. Each class can 1v1 the other. The higher-skill classes do have an advantage in pvp, but only if you're a hardcore loving korean person. KFMs are beastly if you know every other class so you can time your abilities right AND you can animation cancel like a loving boss.

19 KFMS, 12 Destroyers, 12 Blade Dancers, 14 Blademasters, 9 Summoners, 16 Assassins, 12 Warlocks, 7 Force Masters in the top 100 KR. I guess I overcounted by one somewhere, oh well.
http://bns.plaync.com/bs/leaderboard/duel

• Locked thread