Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Willias posted:

Summoner
Destroyer
Blade Dancer
Assassin

I think those are the strong PvP classes.

In the current patch blade dancer and destroyer are miles ahead of everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
By current patch do you mean the launch one with the 45 cap and the September(?) talent trees, or the last beta patch, or the current Korean patch?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Partial Octopus posted:

Are any of the classes especially broken or is everything pretty balanced for pvp?

Willias posted:

Summoner
Destroyer
Blade Dancer
Assassin

I think those are the strong PvP classes.

Hy_C posted:

In the current patch blade dancer and destroyer are miles ahead of everyone.

DemonMage posted:

By current patch do you mean the launch one with the 45 cap and the September(?) talent trees, or the last beta patch, or the current Korean patch?

Let me see if I can sort this all out, I think I mentioned some stuff along these lines before but it was last thread. NA is currently in a bit of a weird spot, as we're at lv45 cap on a patch that is meant for lv50s. This causes some weird issues with the hp scaling vs damage where for some classes, the damage of some of their skills does a larger percent of the current hp pool than they would at level 50. This means that some of the burstier classes have an advantage right now. We're also missing Hongmoon levels for extra skill points, meaning some class are lacking the points to get all the skills they need to be the most competitive.

Because of this, Blade Dancer, Destroyer, and Summoner were probably the ones that got the biggest boost out of this, at least as far as people's general impressions seemed to go. These classes all have significant burst combos that are pretty easy to pull off. This is magnified at lower skill levels, as improper use of escapes can lead to people getting CC'd into huge damage combos and increasing the impression that these classes owned the poo poo out of them. As people hear about that, the classes become more popular and more people roll them so you see them more, etc. etc.

However, because at launch we'll be on the September patch (from Korea) compared to the June patch we had in beta, Summoners will have a significant nerf to their Sunflower making it cost 3 focus instead of 2, which is a sizeable hit to their burst capability as it is a major component of their damage. That being said, they're still one of the more complex classes to play against, so at lower skill levels they're still going to poo poo on people just on the merits of people not knowing how to play against them. They'll just punish you less hard than before if you screw up, though it can still be pretty nasty if the Summoner is managing their focus properly.

Anyway, as we get to level 50 in the future and get hongmoon levels gradually unlock, the classes are all going to even out a lot more. HP scaling increases quite a bit, matches are longer overall, and while burst is still punishing there are less 100-0 situations. Hongmoon levels mean more skill points for everyone and this helps give some classes (BM, KFM and FM especially) all the tools they need to compete. You can see in the Korean leaderboards that Khako posted that on their current patch (December, one patch later than we're on), there's a pretty good spread of all of the classes.

So basically, just play the class you like the most, because things are going to change quite a bit over time. Getting the practice in now, even if you might be at a disadvantage, is going to help you a lot more once the playing field is more even. The PvP in this game is complex enough that skill and matchup knowledge can swing the odds of a fight pretty significantly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anyone by chance know if saved character gen templates from the beta tests will be available when it goes live? I'm guessing not since they're probably local and it's a fresh install, especially if you uninstalled the beta client like they recommend. I should have thought to check that beforehand.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

chumbler posted:

Anyone by chance know if saved character gen templates from the beta tests will be available when it goes live? I'm guessing not since they're probably local and it's a fresh install, especially if you uninstalled the beta client like they recommend. I should have thought to check that beforehand.

Uninstalling shouldn't remove the templates, at least it didn't for me. They're under C:\Users\<username>\Pictures\BnS\CharacterCustomize\

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah, my saved characters are still there, although I'll probably have to move them because I installed the full game to a different place.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
If it's on the same hard drive as your previous install, it should be fine. You can use the saved templates across all of the different versions of the game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wish the launcher would save my password, I have to wander over to LastPass and copy/paste the thing every time. Bluh bluh.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
I look forward to Destroying and Assassinating my way across rural fantasy China with you guys.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do we get to make characters for name reg or no?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

fadam posted:

Do we get to make characters for name reg or no?

Pretty sure Yes

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Choosing your name comes at the end of character creation, so yes.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Please note that if you are participating in name reservation you have to "add" your character slots on the character select screen before you can make the character and put in your name.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Is it worth buying in early just for head start at this point? I'm tempted by the lowest package, but if release is already really close, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just wait and spend that money on Black Desert instead (since there's no F2P option there).

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It's not. Buy in if you want the non-headstart bonuses. Non-headstart launches on the 19th.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheRagamuffin posted:

Is it worth buying in early just for head start at this point? I'm tempted by the lowest package, but if release is already really close, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just wait and spend that money on Black Desert instead (since there's no F2P option there).

Only do it if you plan to splurge on a high end package. The cheap packages probably weren't worth it when it was giving you beta access, sure as hell aren't worth it when its just head start.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

No unless you think you can snipe "Goku".

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

TheRagamuffin posted:

I wouldn't bother with the lowest buy-in option at all at this point, really. A few days head start won't matter much, and there's probably going to be server issues on top of that, anyway.

Just blow the money on BDO if you want, since that'll be your only option to play it for the foreseeable future.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I forget, can you upgrade founders packs? I see myself playing this for a good long while, from my experience with the foreign servers.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I forget, can you upgrade founders packs? I see myself playing this for a good long while, from my experience with the foreign servers.

Yes, go to the buy page while logged in I think.

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/206139206-How-Do-I-Upgrade-My-Blade-Soul-Founder-s-Pack-

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

Yes, join me in upgrading to the ultimate package for suckers*

*I'm gonna play every class eventually and am a sucker for cash shop outfits so gently caress it.

Marverick
Jan 9, 2004
Retired Webcartoonist
The assistant producer at NCsoft for NA Blade and Soul is on Twitch right now on his personal stream playing on the Taiwanese servers and answering viewer questions.

http://www.twitch.tv/babbletr0n

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Marverick posted:

The assistant producer at NCsoft for NA Blade and Soul is on Twitch right now on his personal stream playing on the Taiwanese servers and answering viewer questions.

http://www.twitch.tv/babbletr0n

im asking him about the tit windows in the armor and saying thank you for them

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can i use some of the points I get in the $25 pack to buy a VIP membership

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

can i use some of the points I get in the $25 pack to buy a VIP membership

oh, this isn't a currency, lol, its some like VIP level thing

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Eonwe posted:

oh, this isn't a currency, lol, its some like VIP level thing

Yeah the premium points just decide what level of bonuses you get when you have premium running. Here's a handy chart.

At this point the $25 pack just gives you headstart and some lovely titles.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

cathead posted:

Yeah the premium points just decide what level of bonuses you get when you have premium running. Here's a handy chart.

At this point the $25 pack just gives you headstart and some lovely titles.

Eh, I'll probably end up getting that because I'm an impatient baddie.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Krakatoah posted:

Eh, I'll probably end up getting that because I'm an impatient baddie.

Embrace consumerism to fill the emptiness inside you.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

chumbler posted:

Embrace consumerism to fill the emptiness inside you.

I bought Wildstar, I have already made some of the worst monetary decisions as is, but at least this one won't be too much of a bad idea.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
I bought the masters pack because i'm dumb

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

teknologik posted:

I bought the masters pack because i'm dumb

I just bought it, too. Surely this will go better than MWO and Wildstar. :gonk:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Be sure to post all of the drama that happens in this thread so that those of us playing dragon's dogma instead can live vicariously through all of you

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Where do you go for name reservations at 6pm (best time zone time), is it somewhere in the account options?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
You log on and make your character.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Be sure to post all of the drama that happens in this thread so that those of us playing dragon's dogma instead can live vicariously through all of you

I didn't even realize that was the 15th, I might need to rethink some decisions here.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I thought getting the cheapest pack gave you extra character slots, whoops :saddowns:. At least I've got this weekend free to decide just how oily do I want my ~*pretty anime princess*~ to be.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Arzachel posted:

I thought getting the cheapest pack gave you extra character slots, whoops :saddowns:. At least I've got this weekend free to decide just how oily do I want my ~*pretty anime princess*~ to be.

The packs seems pretty badly priced to me, as the cheapest pack just looks like trash and the next cheapest option after that is 75$ which is a big fat Noooope from me.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The packs seems pretty badly priced to me, as the cheapest pack just looks like trash and the next cheapest option after that is 75$ which is a big fat Noooope from me.

Probably trying to recoup their losses from WildStar by luring in idiots like me with Christmas bonuses to blow.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Even though I can play both, I am completely incapable of deciding between Assassin for Summoner. I tried Summoner during one beta and liked it quite a bit but could do next to nothing at low-level PvP, which isn't even my focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Assassins are amazing at low level PVP which is pretty much the reason I'm going to play this.

• Locked thread