Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Kimsemus posted:

It seems that KFM abilities can be specced pretty heavily into life leeching and self healing, I suppose this is one of their main tank mechanics? I wonder if 5-10% healing on most attacks is enough to keep a KFM up in PVP? Anyone have any experience with this?

On the KFM tree, you can't really spec life-leech on your abilities. The branch everyone uses adds CC to your abilities which you need to pull off the kfm combos. You'll see that you could spec into 25-100% damage dealt as life down one branch, but the branches on the far right will have things like knockdown, dazes, and knock-up. Jaesung's combo video is helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3rc3piyE30

Khako fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Blade Dancer has lightning on their wombo combo. This video is terrible in every way but you can see all their lightning abilities. The first boss has lightning abilities so I recommend skipping a bit but then you fall victim to his unfortunate song choice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhsu9JYd9rk

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Partial Octopus posted:

Are any of the classes especially broken or is everything pretty balanced for pvp?

It's fairly balanced. Each class can 1v1 the other. The higher-skill classes do have an advantage in pvp, but only if you're a hardcore loving korean person. KFMs are beastly if you know every other class so you can time your abilities right AND you can animation cancel like a loving boss.

19 KFMS, 12 Destroyers, 12 Blade Dancers, 14 Blademasters, 9 Summoners, 16 Assassins, 12 Warlocks, 7 Force Masters in the top 100 KR. I guess I overcounted by one somewhere, oh well.
http://bns.plaync.com/bs/leaderboard/duel

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

9foxtails posted:

So I decided to go ahead and punch the Founders Pack button. Woah and behold I get the "there is an error try again later" with paypal and my credit card fails the authorization. Perhaps the internet gods are telling me not to do it; or should my efforts persist?

If it's the $25 pack, don't do it. If it's $125, question previous life decisions.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
There's a $5 signature pack in the lobby shop that gives 7 days premium. I think they're trying to suck more money out of impatient animes.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Kimsemus posted:

There is no AFK timer.

Just never log out.

Oh no, it's Archeage all over again.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
There's always 20 different channels you can hop between until you find a low amount of players. Worked out for me aside from loving crashing every other cutscene.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Rylek posted:

What is the fancy particle effect people have when they are dashing around from? I assume its something from one of the $$$ Packs? Also me and my buddy are on Dirty Man Cho as well but we went Blue because Red was full and we couldn't join it, are we screwed from playing with Goons there?

Also the best pro tip I found about making this game run better that saved my sanity since it was so choppy is this:

If you play in full screen and hit your windows key if your task bar pops up over the game window you're not in 'true' full screen mode. In order to get the game to run in true full screen you have to Alt+Enter during a Loading Screen(doesn't work otherwise) until the screen flashes black for a second then comes back. You should then be able to hit your Windows key again and if you see nothing pop up you're golden. This took me from 30-60 FPS at 1080p with my 980TI with janky stuttering to 120 FPS with dips to 80-90 in really crowded areas and almost no janky stuttering running at a 4k DSR resolution on my 1080p monitor. It literally saved the game for me, so I thought I would share for those who would like to try it. :angel:

Around lvl 30 you could probably afford to switch to red if there's a goon guild running.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
If anyone's struggling to get through pve, kill the frog boss a few times north of Jadestone village to get life-leech or life on crit. Running content gets a lot easier and faster getting any recovery at all. They took the op gems out of the store so now everyone has to go through RNG :suicide:

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Casual Annie posted:

So, can't decide between Summoner and Force Master. Which one seems to be less common, and how do the two measure up to each other?

Would you like to shoot ice and fire or flowers at people, I haven't seen much of either class. Summoner is easy mode, FM slightly harder.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Casual Annie posted:

I don't know really, thats the problem. Both seem pretty fun as far as I've played them, but I want to focus on one character too cap first and I can't really figure out which to go with.

I'd pick summoner then, it has a low learning curve, and easy to win in pvp. You get a general feel of the game so you can tear poo poo up later on your fm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

tyblazitar posted:

Thanks, that's really helpful! I guess I'll have to give draw stance and its skills another chance, I just kind of stayed away from it because I was lazy and wanted less skills to keep track of, but I'm sure I could get used to it. And yes, I did spec into the Z skill to get more blocks and a bit of healing, it's pretty nice for the harder bosses.

https://bnstree.com/BD?build=45000024003251122404321032312931300311112320011304314073112621

Lightning draw is your wombo combo. It's crazy good once you get the timing of Flicker(LMB), and Lightning Flash(F). Round up a group of enemies and then lightning draw combo them all down in seconds. A bit of healing on your X, and Z. V has life-drain until you spec out of it. Raid(2) into a single-target which starts the aerial combo. Soaring Falcon(Ranged 1) is your main focus regen. Always throw that poo poo. You can deflect any attack(except for a few boss skills) with the right timing of your Tab, when you pull it off enemies are stunned which you can turn into lightning draw or aerial combo. I like to save Z for when I'm about to start my lightning draw, you'll block cc with it. To setup grabs on bosses, you have to use Body Kick(1) then follow with Anklebiter(3). A Life-Drain on Crit gem is a great help even at higher levels, you'll be critting all the time.

Khako fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 26, 2016

• Locked thread