Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
The hype is real.

Right now what I'm looking forward to most are goon reactions towards dying en masse to that dragon field boss in Moonwater. So many bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

CoffeeBooze posted:

What are the go to classes for people that like to play support? Is it Force Master and Sumoner?

Summoner has a lot of party utility between its ability to give the group Dandelion (negates next hit and provides stealth), a minor heal and the cat's tanking.

Force Master is more along the lines of straight damage. It does have utility in the form of phantom grip, but Destroyer has a better hold, followed by KungFu Master. When spec'd for group play, Des and KFM holds just provide more bonuses, though KFM also has the option of making its hold into an AoE party buff if you've already got grabs covered. When people talk about a support in this game, they usually mean having someone with a grab in the group. Note that the Summoner cat also has a grab, but it doesn't have the fancy bonuses of the other classes attached to it. You'll only want to use the cat's grab in a group if no other classes in the group are capable of it.

As for what the grabs actually do, they allow you to render an incapacitated enemy completely disabled for 4-6 seconds depending on how its spec'd. And yes, they even work on bosses! You need to double up on the same disable on a boss first to make them vulnerable to being grabbed, but some classes like Destroyer can easily do that solo. Not only do you get a breather and a bunch of free hits, but the better grabs offer bonuses against the enemy, from a stacking crit bonus to resource regeneration on every hit for the duration of the hold.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Daynab posted:

How big was the file download for the beta? just wondering because I kind of have a limited quota.

IIRC it was a 12GB download that expanded into a 35-40GB installation. They are compression wizards.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Is there anything pvp related other than highly competitive 1v1 and 3v3 tag team fight clubs? The game looks really cool by the way.

There's open world PvP centered around dailies. Just stroll into your faction's camp sitting on the border of one several PvP subzones and you'll have daily quests to that has you harassing the other faction's NPCs and in direct competition for objectives with players on the other side. You also get prestige points for world PvP which are turned in at your faction camp to rank up in PvP as well as for costumes and other goodies.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
But they can knock enemies into the air, hold them there, and them summon an exploding pillar of fire beneath them.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Catsworth posted:

I had a thought. Can Summoners name their pets? Can you get a top hat and/or monocle and maybe fancy suit to equip your cat with?

This is important.

I know you can name them.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Speaking of charts here's another helpful one with the costs for leveling a clan and the associated perks.

You get cool poo poo like a workshop for clan crafting, reduced costs on weapon upgrades, and fast travel to guild members in your party. The costs don't seem all that bad either considering I was sitting on around 10 gold, 150 soulstones and 3 or 4 Naryu Silver after just a couple weekends of beta. Shouldn't be too bad to level naturally without breaking the bank. I think the faction insignias will be the most limiting factor just because you need so many of them.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Velveteen posted:

Faction insignia are from PvP right? I wouldn't mind grinding some insignia at head start to help level the guild but I'm not a big fan of world PvP. If we can get a group farm going I wouldn't feel so bad.

Yup, they come from world PvP. Basically killing players or the other faction NPCs around the PvP hotspots gives you prestige points, and you can turn them in at the prestige npc in camps for items like the insignias or to raise your faction rank. If you die you lose any points you haven't turned in yet, though killing another player lets you take all the points they've farmed up. An icon next to player and npc names lets you know how many they're worth.

There's a risk/reward system in place since certain thresholds multiply the value of prestige points. I think it only applies when turning points in to increase your faction rank but it goes 1-10 points is a x1 multiplier, 11-20 is x2, and 21+ is x3. So turning in 15 points towards your rank actually gives you 30, and 25 would be worth 75. 21 is the magic number for turn ins basically.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Zizi posted:

Just sit by the place where the two faction dudes are in the first village and kick the poo poo out of all the newbies that put on their SWEET NEW BLUE CLOTHES without reading the description or understanding it. That should be good for a week worth of tears and easy insignia.

This won't get you any points since there isn't a nearby NPC to trade in prestige. Zoning, changing channels, wind striding, dying, taking off your faction outfit and anything short of physically walking to the prestige NPC without crossing any zone boundaries resets any prestige you're holding onto.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
All that oil clearly offers you a tactical advantage. It lets you slip out of grabs and holds more easily! :haw:

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

9foxtails posted:

From the FAQ on the blade and soul site

Bonus gold and gliding... is that it? Anyone have anymore info and how much premium service cost?

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/premium-membership/

No news on the cost yet, I'm assuming it will be around $15 a month like most MMO subscriptions.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Velveteen posted:

We'll both be red faction so we can't fight each other though!

And that's where you're wrong! See, proper etiquette on other regions involve letting the other faction do their dailies in peace and vice versa, occasionally setting up kill trades for the odd quest that needs you. This precarious balance can be upset by actually PvPing.

Expect to make a lot of pubbies mad just by having the audacity to play the game. :getin:

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

idk there usually is a big goon rush in games and then it dies a week later

Pretty much this. Since its F2P and you can hit cap over a weekend, there's no reason not to try it out and putz around for a week or two. By the time the rush dies down we should have a somewhat leveled guild that can fit everyone who sticks around.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

General Morden posted:

i can't find this info anywhere but how much will premium membership cost

12 bucks, little man, put that poo poo in their hand.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Innerguard posted:

Dumb questions :

I've seen in some videos that one player killed an enemy, and then wings erupted from their back. Was a NA beta video, not korean. What the hell was that and why did it happen?

Also, what party buffs do the various classes actually have? I tried looking through the bnstool side skill tree thing but I can't really decipher it. I'm interested in party support mostly.

That was probably the level up animation.

There isn't really a support class. Each class brings a different flavor of utility. KFM, BM and SMN (via the pet) can tank and keep mobs off squishier party members. Des, KFM, FM, and BD all have holds that allows the party extra and uninterrupted damage on a boss. Sin and SMN can give party stealth. Des and BD are really good at solo CC.

You're going to be playing a damage dealer first and foremost in this game, all you can do is decide what kind of utility you want to bring to the table.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
We've had the goon guild up for a while.

Once you've picked the red faction send a tell to Quiz for an invite.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Heading to bed and have work tomorrow, so send a tell to Mash, Lambda Delta, or Hustler One if you need a clan invite on Mushin. That said Shanghai Goon is almost full and the first size upgrade only allows another 10 members. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get an overflow guild going in the mean time until we can grind out some clan ranks/the hype dies down.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Kaddish posted:

Is the guild full on Mushin yet?

Been full for a while, even after upgrading.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Mushin guild full again.

Everyman fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 19, 2016

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Mushin guild is and continues to be full. I'll try to free up a couple spots by looking for people who haven't logged in since Friday or Saturday.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
I made room in Shanghai Goon on Mushin. If you need an invite send a tell to: Quiz, Mash, Hustler One, Lambdadelta, Drunken Master, or Happimerchant.

If you were erroneously removed in the great inactive purge I'll invite you back.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Whoever Kill LaKill was, sorry I was out picking up my sister from school. Also you need to be the crimson faction, not cerulean, to join the guild. Red, not blue. :v:

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Shanghai Goon on Mushin is once again full. I'll check again in a day or two for inactive people to free up some space.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Shanghai Goon status: still full.

Someone make an overflow guild on Mushin something. I'll try to make space again tomorrow but I doubt I'll be able to fit everyone looking for a spot.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Marceline Abadeer posted:

Is Shanghai Goon still full?

It is. I was going to make room today but was suddenly hit by a 12 hour shift. Maybe tomorrow!

I believe there is an overflow guild lurking around somewhere on Mushin though.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Shanghai Goon back at maximum capacity.

Everyman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 24, 2016

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Rafzakael posted:

yeah but i'm in shanghai goon and don't really want to leave it. at this point though i'd feel we could remake on blue and be back to where we were within a relatively short time

paging quiz

Sorry, just got home from work. :v:

I've been debating with some of the other goons already at cap and we've decided the best thing to do is to just go blue.

We actually already had a blue guild for some alts and we're going to treat it as our new main guild. I'm going to have an alt hold onto Shanghai Goon just in case there is some kind of reversal down the line.

Our blue clan on Mushin is Good Jobbu, send a tell to Quizzical, Mash, Mashing, Drunken Master, Hustler One, Hustler Two, or Lambdadelta for an invite.

Edit: HOW TO SWITCH FACTIONS

Faction changer npc is marked on the map by a half blue/half red icon. One can be found in Jadestone, Yehara's Mirage, or Greenhollow. Remember to buy a new pvp outfit from a clothes vendor!

Everyman fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 28, 2016

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

jaffyjaffy posted:

Endgame PvE friends, is having a tank specced KFM/BM really that important in the grand scheme of things?

For current content, no. I've cleared Poharan 4 man with destroyer and force masters tanking.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Attention Mushin goons, we have a couple of crafters able to make the coveted Moonwater Transformation Stones.

Mail 20 soulstones to either Quiz or Drunken Master for every transformation stone you want. Its a 24 hour craft so it'll take a day to get your stone sent to you.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Kikilupo posted:

I'm gonna move over to Mushin, is there still room in the guild? My guy's name is Keekum

edit: Whelp, blue is full. Guess I wont be joining soon

Keep trying. Never takes more than a couple minutes to get in.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Finally got the Pirate Princess outfit from Poharan 4. Come play on Mushin and you too can fight alongside Master Roshi and the seto kaichou.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
If you want an invite please make sure that you are a) of the blue faction and b) you have decline clan invites turned off.

Thanks!

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Yup, we're all blue now. We're getting people to actually hit cap so its about time to shill for donations to increase the clan's capacity.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

cathead posted:

Well, I sort of figured this might happen because Western players seem to get overly attached to the 'meta'.

It's mostly bullshit propagated by KR/TW players because people were having issues on some of the lv50 4mans and their tight enrage timers, and by design BDs are more burst than sustained in terms of raw numbers, and there's no DPS parser to tell people otherwise. So people look at it on paper and just assume it's not keeping up.

On top of that their grab is currently inferior to Destroyers; no crit buff, weird hitbox issues, and longer cooldown, which again caused some party dps issues. A lot of this was before some of the recent patches though where they've gotten some buffs. The grab still needs to be fixed though, I mean the talent to give it a crit buff is RIGHT THERE in the tree you just literally can't get it yet.

So naturally all the new players just take the KR/TW players word as gospel and don't ever try to figure things out any other way, despite none of those things I listed even being an issue at 45 because the enrage timers are super lax. I'm also convinced that it's just people not trying hard enough to do the fight correctly even on KR, since I've seen BDs do some of these 4mans just fine.

With the unbalanced fun that is lv45 without hongmoon skills or levels, I'm pretty sure my BD is pumping out more damage than my Sin anyway. :v:

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Thursday Next posted:

Looking for a Mushin blue side invite on Chatanya if there's room. I'm still playing this game and just hit 42, so I guess I'm still having fun :)

Currently full. I'll see if there's anyone to purge tonight.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Gonna try getting an invite today, Tiny Riiiick, Mushin.

Blue clan on Mushin is still full, and probably will be for a good while since getting to the next increase is something like 500g and 2000 soulstones. Hopefully NCSoft makes good on their word and increases clan size caps.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
As prophesied the great purge has begun and there is once again room in Good Jobbu, blue clan on Mushin.

If you need an invite, send a tell to Quiz or Quizzical. I'll be on one of them for most of the evening. If you were kicked and still actively play the game then I'll reinvite you.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

bonds0097 posted:

So, what's the goon server/faction atm?

There's several in the OP. I can at least attest to the fact that Good Jobbu (blue on Mushin) is always near capacity.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Amante posted:

Since OMC is apparently dead... what are the servers with active Goonmanship at the moment?

Mushin at least has some people playing every evening in Good Jobbu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

UchihaHirou posted:

Hey- Just created a Warlock on Mushin, can anyone invite Nanahoshizawa to Good Jobbu?

Couldn't find a character by that name. I could just be dumb, though.

Edit: Nevermind I was dumb.

Everyman fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 3, 2016

• Locked thread