Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Killed By Death posted:

Can anyone that's played a version of the game with them enabled talk about how Warlocks play compared to the other classes? I really enjoyed Blade Dancer's gameplay during the cbt, but Warlock sounds pretty enticing.

I didn't play WL a ton, just power leveled it up to 45 and stopped (and only PVE at that) but I can talk a bit. Having played both BD and WL though, I'd say they're kind of similar in that they have some nice crowd control abilities, with WL having ranged AOE ones (the snare which works on pretty much everything including bosses is the iconic one for WL imo). Otherwise, WL is pretty combo focused, e.g. you snare a group of enemies and then do AOE DoT on them, or do some pretty crazy AOE DPS with Spirit Surge and Darkflare Dragon between activations. I might have been playing it wrong, and I'd get more opinions, but WL was so combo focused for me that I pretty much couldn't do any DPS without using them so it was pretty annoying when killing things like 1 isolated mob.

As for mobility, WL was a lot less mobile for me just because a couple of key skills have cast times which require you to stop moving, and since you use combos a lot, you tend to have to stop a lot unless you do other combos beforehand which can power up your abilities to insta-cast and reset their cooldowns. As with all classes though, there's a certain amount of variability in play depending on your build though, I played mostly for AOE dps since it seemed all the skills were pointing that way.

Lastly, the summon was pretty nice, but not overwhelmingly so (except for the badass group buff you get at 45) and I found that unless I was doing really hard content (bosses, mushin's tower) I forgot to use it all the time since you can't have it up all the time.

Also, don't remember if it's been posted here yet, but https://bnstree.com is a pretty neat site for builds and also has some countdowns to launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009
People over at the bladeandsouldojo forums are so angry about their anime names being taken (note: basically CMs took some popular names before name reservation was open to the public, initial thread about this is here). Some quotes:

quote:

Absolutely, that is totaly unfair. How could one take not 2 BUT 7 famous anime character names ? He is trolling yea, we are bunch of anime fans fags for some of you, yea.....but think about it, I TRULLY was one of the first who logged into the game and I paid a master pack to take my chance to reserve one of those names and there is some1 who already took them even before the official start, thats loving bullshit

some guy posted:

...the focus here is

1. They didn't tell us CMs will take the certain popular names before name reservation(false advertising on packs, I don't give a drat if they took the name "Youmukon", but "Naruto" and "Saber"? You better tell us this beforehand) ...

re: CM response on the issue posted:

I didn't rly care what he/she did but for that comment i would like to punch the hell out of him/her.
Is that fgt something special to look down at us? Stupidity at it's maximum
Yes it's actually his/her JOB to listen to the people. Funny and weird at the same time how someone like that douche got that job.

Meanwhile some NCSoft employees make some nice responses:

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

Is the close beta installer the same game files as the live game? I want to get started on downloading for the head start launch if possible.

Nope, the launch installer is here: http://download.bladeandsoul.com/BnS_Lite_Installer.exe

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

This is excellent.

As for the queue simulator 2016 everyone has been talking about, I finally had to wait in queue for Poharan earlier today, but it wasn't that bad w/ premium (couple minutes).

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Arzachel posted:

The game runs kinda poorly even on hardware that's way overkill, we should be getting a patch that optimizes the game a bit at some point. You can try real fullscreen with alt enter while in a loading screen (the game tends to freeze when alt tabbing in this mode) and see if it helps or disable/reduce some graphics settings with shadows, bloom and DoF usually having the most impact.

It's been my experience that the game is extremely CPU-bound for some godforsaken reason. I have an i5 6600K OC'd to 4.5 and a GTX 960 and get around 80-120 FPS usually, but my friend with an older 8-core AMD cpu and a GTX 980 Ti only gets 40-70 FPS. Devs have mentioned that the game only uses 2 cores for the most part (iirc) so yeah idk.

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm finding that between ping, and getting older :stat: :wal: a 0.3s window from some of the stuff I have to do as an assassin might just be impossible :shobon:

In both PvP and PvE, there are a lot of situations where I find that I just don't have the time to react, so instead what I do is preempt them by holding down whatever key. For example, when you're thrown into the air by a player or mob, just start holding F while you're still in the air to retreat/get up as soon as you hit the ground. This does mean you need to be a little more familiar with situations though, so you know what to do next beforehand.

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Clarste posted:

Don't advertise, just click the Find Party button (can't remember what it's called, FTP or something). It creates a group in seconds and boots you to the dungeon immediately.

Also, you can set it so that people can join your group even after you go in (there's a checkbox).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrantSystems
Jul 5, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Something I noticed and I'm not sure if it's Internet Lag or Input Lag or something else. I tend to not spam keys and I think it's hurting my game a lot, especially on reactionary skills like getting out of grapples and such. I'm noticing that I'll press F to retreat and the button will lightup and nothing happens. REALLY notice it on my FM moreso. Should I just be spamming escapes and or skills in general? Typically playing with <80ms ping.

If you hold down the button before it lights up (and just keep holding it), it should proc as soon as retreat is available.

• Locked thread