Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Both the classes I wanna play from videos showing them are Lyn only so time for midgets with cool ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I am kinda sad I didn't spring for name reservation ability because I kinda wanna make my summoner Bee then have Puppycat.

Oh well.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Me and a friend are playing this together... is going Force Master and Summoner going to be gimpy for us? Can my cat be our 'tank'?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

How do I get more keys? I have a ton of Stalker weapon boxes, 15 hongmoon keys... But 0 regular keys or blue keys? Do I wanna use hongmoon on this?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

kznlol posted:

No, you don't.

Keys come primarily from quest rewards, particularly dailies. For the Stalker weapon just buy yours off of the market - later on you can't do that and thats when you'll want the keys.

I kept looking at the Market tonight and every time I did it just said 'this service is temporarily unavaliable' and i'm approaching level 15 with a rank 5 hongmoon because I'm lacking the stalker axe. What should I do?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I wish there was a gun-fu class inthis. All the enemies shooting guns at me makes me really want to be those enemies.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I dunno if I am missing something but besides expensive buns are there any days tonheal faster outside of combat? My destroyer takes a beating because I am bad at games.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Verranicus posted:

Just looking at character creation and the game lists every class available to the non-midget race as hard or expert. Are they really so difficult to play if I'm not looking to be top rank in arenas or whatever?

Destroyer is listed as Normal, and is pretty easy to play. The reason Summoner is the only 'easy' one is because it has a summon, which is really, really useful.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I have tried Summoner and Destroyer now, and got both to 15... And I have to say, I am not super impressed with either.

The Summoner feels like I have a single good damaging ability [my RMB], while my Destroyer... I dunno, I feel like I do way less damage than the summoner, while also being more complicated. I also am having trouble with learning what I should actually do when I grab things on the Destroyer. I mean I mostly hit F like 3-4 times and then hit z to slam them down, then RMB, but it feels like basically everything is surviving that full combo, and then hitting me a bunch.

Maybe I'm just expecting things to die too quickly?

I'm not enjoying having to facetank things though.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Rhymenoserous posted:

Play assassin. The only time you facetank is when you gently caress up bad. And if you do it right vs single targets you'll never even get hit.

I'm considering it, I might try an assassin. Or I might wait until I get both of the classes I have to 20ish, to see if it really does improve a lot.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So I found out why my destroyer felt piddly and weak.

I didn't realize you weren't supposed to be soloing the Giant Mite or Pokey, and had gone out of my way to do the 10 minute fights soloing those was.

I am smart.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

FireWhizzle posted:

Destroyer is by far the #1 cheese PVE content and solo class. Maybe post a little about your PVE build and we can help :)

I literally just got to 19 and all my points so far have gone into LMB, besides one into RMB. I'm not sure which tree to go down on my RMB yet, all of them have interesting perks.

Ciaphas posted:

You're not? I soloed them on all four of my characters so far :downs:

They are, apparently, the first group content of the game, meant for multiple players! You can queue up using the statues outside, or cross realm queues.

It goes a lot faster I'm sure.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Guys, I literally said that I soloed those bosses :v: I just didn't realize they were meant to be something a group helps with, and started complaining about Destroyed damage earlier in thread because I was taking a bit of time to kill them.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Just hit 20 on my destroyer and wow, every complaint I had about them has melted away. I am tanky as hell, soloing wu Jen and dura and all that super easily, I am able to combo down a single mob before it can make an attack with grab, or just spam eradicate from rmb and kill a whole group before my focus runs out.

Thanks for giving advice :)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I got my blight axe on my first run. Should I be continuing to run it to try and get blight versions of all three accessories? I got a necklace and earring version, and I assume I should be upgrading my hongmoon accessories about as much as my weapon?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I wish Gon could be assassins.

I would totally make a 10 foot tall muscular wall of assassination.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I would play a Lyn Destroyer and a huge Gon Summoner or Assassin if they were available.

Instead I have a Lyn Summoner and a Gon Destroyer because lame.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Gon are automatically the best force master race because again, 12 foot tall behemoth wizards.

I want all my quiet, quick classes to be Gon, and all my slow, strong classes to be Lyns. is that too hard to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

malhavok posted:

Ok so i want to give this a shot, what's the OP gently caress you pvp class?

None of them are outright OP currently.

Blademaster is probably the worst.

Summoner is the most annoying to face at low skill levels and seems OP then, but gets destroyed by other classes at high skill levels, once people learn how to prioritize targeting the relevant one.

KFM is okay.

Bladedancer is around the 'best'.

Destroyer is pretty good.

Assassin is much like Summoner - annoying because it can perma invis and if you don't know how to deal with that, it seems OP. However if the opponent does, you get destroyed.

Force Master is very squishy until high levels, and then becomes pretty good.

Edit: Basically, Summoner, Destroyer, and Assassin seem unbeatable if you don't know how to face them. if you do, you'll beat them 80% of the time, however. Blade Dancer is not weird or tricky to fight, it's just straight up strong, and thus plays well at any skill level.

However, Blade Dancer also is the Worst PvE class, while Summoner/Destroyer/Assassin are great at PvE stuff.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 30, 2016

• Locked thread