Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

cathead posted:

There is very much an endgame. Granted, we'll be getting it over time (though they claim they want to expedite it as much as they can), but in Korea there's a ton of content. I think there's something like 17 different dungeons spread across varying gear requirements in both 6man (easier) and 4man (harder) forms, 3 24-man raids, Mushin's Tower where you do solo boss fights on each floor to advance to the next, and plenty of world bosses and daily quest areas.

Endgame gearing in this game is less RNG intensive than Tera as well, instead of trying to get enchants to stick you'll be gradually collecting materials to evolve your weapons and accessories, and collecting soul shield sets and enhancing them with extra stats using other soul shields. You'll also be gradually getting xp for your Hongmoon levels to get more skill points. There's also a ridiculous amount of costumes and other cosmetic stuff to collect and farm for.

Something I want to know about crafts, can you have critical failures like in some other games were your stuff actually fails to complete, or downgrades existing gear? I hate that and it feels so insanely RNG to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
It seems that KFM abilities can be specced pretty heavily into life leeching and self healing, I suppose this is one of their main tank mechanics? I wonder if 5-10% healing on most attacks is enough to keep a KFM up in PVP? Anyone have any experience with this?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I support any company that wants to troll animes.

This has actually made me want to play B&S more than anything else NCsoft has said so far.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bishop01 posted:

Anyone set up a discord or anything for this yet? Didn't see anything in the OP for it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759565

I've set up a common use Discord for the MMO HMO, working on adding the automated support bots and plugins now. But feel free to use that one.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

cathead posted:

Invite seems to have expired.

It is now fixed: https://discord.gg/0blIq7586QAQfzBl

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I went ahead and got the basic founder's pack. Looking forward to punching mans with goons tomorrow. I've gone ahead and set up a BnS channel set on the MMO HMO Discord.

If you haven't been invited yet, check out this thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759565

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Reminder:

Servers will be up at 1pm EST/10am PST!

Also if you haven't hopped on Discord, you should do that!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Someone took my handle, lol.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
There is no AFK timer.

Just never log out.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
There is no sense in complaining about queue times in the first day of an early release. The populations will normalize VERY quickly especially with the F2P launch, so stay the course. Every time someone advocates switching based on a ~12 hour server uptime, often goons end up on a dead server. Just try and stay with it.

When they implement AFK disconnects it will help a LOT also, I've been abusing the poo poo out of the no-logout timer all day.

PS - Spawn times seem fine, I've had no problem killing mobs.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/146617-character-restriction-schedule/

quote:

We’re excited to have had such an incredible beginning to the Blade & Soul Head Start period for Founder’s Pack owners. While we’re continuing to monitor the game service, by and large the only service issue we’ve been tracking has been that a large number of people are congregating on just a couple servers out of all of those available, resulting in some high wait times to play on those servers. To help ensure player populations are evenly spread out across all servers, we will be implementing a rotating schedule that will restrict the creation of new characters per server. Please see the below schedule for the times in which new characters cannot be created for each server.

This only affects players that do not have existing characters on the restricted servers. We’ll be continuously evaluating the rotating schedule and adjusting accordingly.

TL:DR check the link so you can make your character.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Patch notes from this morning:

quote:

Below are the changes for Closed Beta 5:

Game Updates
The in-game Marketplace (F5) and Character Info (F2) UI have been completely revamped to better fit the in-game UI
​In addition, you can now cancel your sell orders from the marketplace. Please note that the listing fee will not be returned.
If an issue is encountered with these new changes, please submit a report in the Bug Report forum
System messages in French and German have been added

Events
New Holiday themed costumes have been added to the Treasure Trove event
​The number of times the chest can be opened per day has been increased to 2

Hongmoon Store
New costumes, accessories, and cat items have been added

Still no AFK timout. :ohdear:

Even if you don't plan on playing till later, just make/login your character on Mushin, then play later. Queue is at 600 as of this post.

Protip: You can make characters on other servers, but Mushin is destined to normalize in about a week and I still believe that is the server you're going to want to be on. Levelling is a breeze if you want to play somewhere else for now though, up to you.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Inzombiac posted:

No, just cheap, one-time premium.
Speaking of, I got the student pack and those sunglasses are dope. Do each of my created characters get them or just one?

Just the one I think. It's really dumb but it doesn't look like items you purchase with funbux are account wide.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rylek posted:

What is the fancy particle effect people have when they are dashing around from? I assume its something from one of the $$$ Packs? Also me and my buddy are on Dirty Man Cho as well but we went Blue because Red was full and we couldn't join it, are we screwed from playing with Goons there?

Also the best pro tip I found about making this game run better that saved my sanity since it was so choppy is this:

If you play in full screen and hit your windows key if your task bar pops up over the game window you're not in 'true' full screen mode. In order to get the game to run in true full screen you have to Alt+Enter during a Loading Screen(doesn't work otherwise) until the screen flashes black for a second then comes back. You should then be able to hit your Windows key again and if you see nothing pop up you're golden. This took me from 30-60 FPS at 1080p with my 980TI with janky stuttering to 120 FPS with dips to 80-90 in really crowded areas and almost no janky stuttering running at a 4k DSR resolution on my 1080p monitor. It literally saved the game for me, so I thought I would share for those who would like to try it. :angel:

Unfortunately clans are faction locked. So I don't think someone in the blue faction can join a red clan.

And the particle effect from sprinting is automatic when you have the premium membership, which if you spent your funbux on one thing, that is what I would pick.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Xavier434 posted:

Is the dungeon finder cross server? No speculative answers please.

100% yes, and you can queue with goons manually on other servers, it is very easy to set up a lobby to do this.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Karistar posted:

I've read that there are gold spammers on Mushin already, taking up that valuable population slot. I hope they boot them out as soon as they turn up in there.

To tempt people out of Mushin and Windrest, NCWest has put up an alternate but one-off solution if you wish it:
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/147311-item-transfers-off-high-queue-servers/
Kind of wish they'd raise the population limit instead, though.

Personally I'd stay on Mushin if you already got your Founders Pack stuff opened in there, despite the huge queue times.

I'm not super clear why the server has a limit when there are an unlimited amount of channels that can be spawned.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Getsuya posted:

Are vanity items like costumes one-time payments in this game? Or is it one of those where you pay to rent a costume for 30 days or whatever.

One time payment, but only good on one character.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Windchilla posted:

The bid loot system is pretty absurd, although I suppose it's a way to bilk pubbies for silver by bidding up garbage. It just takes entirely too long to deal with loot once you've defeated a boss and there are like 7 things to bid on.

The bid system is one of my favorite ways to make money, I love forcing a bidding war on an item a pubbie really wants, forcing him to shill out a bunch of silver, then getting part of the take.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Kaddish posted:

2 hour wait on Mushin currently.

That's uh...actually better than yesterday.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Krakatoah posted:

So...wait what, you can force a bid war on an item and then take the pubbie's money afterwards? Huh.

Correct, the way the loot system works, people bid al la auction style on items they want. When someone wins, it splits the money they bid on the item between the rest of the group. Makes it fun to do dungeons especially when I don't want anything, just to take other people's money and drive prices up. I usually can make 10-15s per dungeon doing this in the earliest dungeons, and I'm sure it gets better from there.

It's quite satisfying when a weapon someone needs for the breakthrough on their Hongmoon weapon drops, and you make them pay ten times what they would have had to pay otherwise. They get VERY mad, especially because they KNOW you don't need it, you're just loving them.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rhymenoserous posted:

KFM just doesn't "Click" for me. I think my timing is all off on it. Which is funny because BM requires pretty good timing too yet it clicked fine.

I can't string together sick combos on BM (yet) that I can on my assassin though. Assassin really gets some really sick synergies early on, but they weren't kidding in that you have to really set things up positioningwise or you'll get your rear end kicked. Especially with packs.

KFM is a weird bird. You need to have a really good ping because most of your moves rely on countering people, but you also have to play reactively, not proactively. It's an interesting class that's tough for me to fight as Destroyer since many of my big damage abilities the KFM can easily counter. If he messes up though I can knock off a huge chunk of his HP. I really didn't like the way that KFM played either for this reason, I prefer the all out assault and offensive chaos that is the Destroyer.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Just logged into Mushin with a 10 person premium queue from work. Seems like if you can log in just to play later, do so!

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 19, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Tsurupettan posted:

I will laugh if they add an afk timer to this game and the solution ends up being the same as FFXIV: Being in a conversation with an NPC or object.

hah wait, that was a thing?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I'm actually having more fun with BnS than I thought I would.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Uziduke posted:

I was able to log into Mushin, non premium just now without a que. They fix something?

AFK timer is in place, seems to kick at around 45 minutes of inactivity.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lastgirl posted:

are there any rewards for owning crimson legion guys? Because I've ganked the same rager about 8 times now

Is this not its own reward? :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Karistar posted:

Unfortunately though that's where 'PVE-PVP' ends. There isn't a NPC doing a similar service for Stratus-Tyrian and Talus-Skyhaven warfare in their respective zones, so other than constantly killing NPCs constantly to provoke some kind of response (if people aren't just channel switching), there isn't really a reason to be running around in those outfits other than wanting to look like it.

You would think they would add something like this though. Seems like a good idea.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Please don't kick me from Shanghai Goons, I've been on a business trip the last few days. :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Lemming posted:

It seems strange to me that crimson seems to be losing on every channel in Mushin's Misty Woods

This unchecked aggression by the blue menace cannot stand!

We should world PVP or something this week.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Count Bleck posted:

So I was just informed that we're getting the boost to 50 and the warlock class in 16 days, can anybody confirm this?

This would be cool if true.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stanley Pain posted:

Well I'm done with this game. :v:

Wait what happened?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stanley Pain posted:

Input lag is killer for me. It's actually more of a see button pop up, press button, see button highlight, nothing happens. I'm not much on being a button spammer :shobon:

It's not a big deal in PVE stuff, and open world PVP bu,t godamn, is it painful in Arena combat. Gonna play around with some settings to see if I can make it better.

Yeah noticed that too and I have a pretty low ping. Grabbing someone and missing a piledrive is pretty devastating to my damage. :/

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Ridinspinnaz posted:

Kims what server are you playing on? Had a blast raiding fishermen & harpoon bugging boats into the stratosphere in Archeage with you & friends.

On Mushin dear friend! Play this koreamans game with us, and check out ArcheAge 2 errr I mean Black Desert!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So apparently PC gamer slammed BnS in a review, saying it was a bad game with excellent PVP. poo poo hurts, man. :(

• Locked thread