Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
How's Warlock in PvP? Was thinking of going Assassin since they can do silly things with perma stealth soloing bosses, and just seem fun and then rolling Warlock for my ranged/caster character when they come in (since it's supposed to be soon). But Force Master is pretty tempting too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Maybe they're making two-factor authentication required? NCSoft does support it in theory.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

By current patch do you mean the launch one with the 45 cap and the September(?) talent trees, or the last beta patch, or the current Korean patch?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

You log on and make your character.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

No, but like any game you'll have a much better idea of everything they can do if you have first person experience.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Bussamove posted:

Old Man Cho is locking and unlocking pretty randomly. Check occasionally by backing out to customization then back to the server select screen.

It also let me make a character even showing the lock icon. So just keep trying.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Lemming posted:

I've been watching some streams and it's nice to see that other people are having the same experience I am in PvP as a Blade Master ie you get instantly gibbed by Destroyers/Assassins/Summoners and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do, at least when you're new.

Part of this is because we're in a mishmash patch of level 45 stats with level 50 skills to some degree. It's like WoW's pre-expansion patches.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Count Bleck posted:

Wish I could get in after work, but my queue is over 100 minutes on Old Man Cho.

:suicide:

Buy the $5 pack, you get a week of premium and you can decide whether you want/need to continue it after that.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

If you're not premium, then premium members can get in ahead of you and you could theoretically never finish the queue. So no, not necessarily broken.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Given that all of the important stuff is cross-server anyways, that wouldn't even be that big of a deal.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Guild yes, group no.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Just bad luck.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Student Bundle.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

There's not a lot of content at the end game of PvE, but that upcoming content thing includes a fair amount more and that's in the next few months. Not a long ways off. They've said they want to get us new content as fast as they can translate/test it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Mao posted:

Is there a good website that shows all the weapon skins that is in English? I've found a few of the Korean ones that have pictures of all the stuff, but since I can't read Korean I have no clue what they are and where they drop.

Only thing I've found offhand is BNS Fashion and it's still missing a lot of stuff sadly.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah, been down for a half hour. They're looking into it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

goldjas posted:

I don't really understand the point of these goofy survey questions, this game is just translated from Korea it's not like any answers we give will cause them to make any actual changes. I keep answering them though because they are tied to loot. I guess that's one way to get people to fill out that kind of thing.

Actually the West team can pass on feedback to the East team, and has done so in the past. The surveys are an easy way for them to collect directed feedback. And are likely the same questions in every region, which makes it even easier.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Those are all pretty minor. I guess the crafting experience thing might be nice for your 20th alt by the time you unlock that tier.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

jaffyjaffy posted:

I assume faction impacts your cross-realm grouping options. Is this correct?

Nope, doesn't have anything to do with your own server grouping, let alone cross. Just joining a guild and world PvP.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

What's the status of the Old Man Cho guild? I'm gonna make a KFM so I'll put it on a second server so I can be in two goon groups at once.

Last I looked there was still like 15 spots open but the servers have been hosed during my play periods so might be less now.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yes it is, and you can usually join even if the faction is full if you just try a few times for future reference. You can also switch sides for like 6 or 7 silver at some point.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

"Warlock is coming a lot sooner than you think. It's in there, we just have to flip the switch. It's coming very very soon. It'll be coming with the nerfed December skill patch, so it won't be as OP as you might be expecting."

Specifically calling out how the Warlock loot dropping isn't a bug, just a tease. So it sounds like that 18 days thing someone mentioned earlier might not be too far off.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Make a tab with Region, Faction, and the Dragon Party stuff turned off. Then you don't have to worry about it ever again.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Main (only?) guild on Cho is red.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Krilion posted:

Any other Old Man Cho guys who want to start a clan?

There's still 10 spots in GoonTang Forever last I looked, don't need a spillover guild yet.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah not sure why it's not in the OP, it's been there forever. Red Side. Yurifel and Black Daimyonite are inviters.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

As you level up with assassin you'll eventually get options with the 2 button.

You should try Heart Strike to Tier 4 Form 1. Cheap and doesn't take you out of stealth. Stealth up to a thing and spam RB->F (restores Focus, usable after a Heart Strike). Use Decoy/Shadow Dance to regain stealth, or step away from the target at 1-1.5~ seconds of Stealth left and as soon as it drops hit Shadow Dash to restealth (for bosses and such obviously), it's a lot of fun.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It becomes remove only.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Belt/Bracelet/Soul come from future content.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Just for maintenance this time too, so in theory nothing interesting being updated.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I don't think they'll mind if it takes that guy out in 3v3. I think the original person was primarily thinking 1v1 anyways though.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It'd hurt a lot more if they were remotely relevant. In the end the PvP does shine more than the PvE right now but we've got a lot of cool stuff coming sooner than later on that front (Mushin and the Labyrinth in particular) which'll help. And to top it off unlike a lot of MMOs the leveling combat is fun because the core game play loop is just a bit more interesting. Stuff dies fast but that keeps the pace up and it's usually pretty flashy too.

[Edit] The lack of a healing class helps keep the dungeon content more interesting too.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 30, 2016

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Old Man Cho (which the OP still hasn't added) and Mushin are active, Jiwan I'm not sure how active it is. Mushin has moved over to blue, as is Jiwan, Cho is still red.

Though to be fair, server doesn't matter a huge amount in this game thankfully.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Doesn't look like it. The stream I linked a while ago implied it by saying "very very soon" and that they just need to toggle it on. The latest stream just said "Soon, but we're not ready to say when". Which sure sounds like no, combined with the previews so far not mentioning it at all.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

jaffyjaffy posted:

Think they'll implement a server transfer at some point? I assume they'll merge the lower pop realms at some point, but it's somewhat annoying being on Yunwa with a comparatively minor pop.

What's annoying to you about it? The markets and dungeon/arena finders are all region based not server. Just not having a bigger guild to talk to?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Pretty sure it's not droppable. And each of the three boxes has their specific drop and that's it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It probably required something to unlock it back in the day and it's just a legacy. Keep in mind the game is actually like 3-4 years old even though we just got it. So there's some weird or clunky poo poo that's leftover from an original system that got tuned up or cut.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Your Computer posted:

How do assassins handle multiple mobs on higher levels? I'm leveling one now and my biggest issue (and concern) is AoEing/fighting more than one enemy at a time.

They seem awfully squishy, and it feels really weird to have to use potions and dumplings all the time.

As above, but they're also not squishy because you shouldn't be getting hit. By the 20s you can easily perma stealth. And with a crit lifesteal gem, close shave, poison breath, you have a bunch of heal options for when you gently caress up or get hit by an AE.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

That's literally every MMO community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

No, everyone just gets one skill this patch. More will come later.

• Locked thread