Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody else play this weird rear end game? The opening cutscene is a high speed car chase and you're the badass cop taking risks and driving after a criminal, which becomes the tutorial for the game until you get t-boned by a semi-truck and fall into a coma. The rest of the game is the spirit of the badass cop having an out of body experience and flying around San Francisco driving for people. You can hit A at any time to return to Spirit Form and float over the world as a ghost and then hit A again on any moving vehicle to possess the driver. It's an absolutely insane set up for a game that you quickly realize is just an extreme leap of story telling to explain why you can just pick all the missions you want to play from the world map, lol. I still haven't gotten a handle on the driving physics though, things drift like crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Of course they drift, that's what ghosts do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also you will be driving around possessing somebody and sounds from the real world of you in the hospital on your death bed will creep into the background audio which is kinda hosed up.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I heard of ghost riding the whip but this is ridiculous.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The hardest part of Driver is that you can't follow any other car if they look directly at you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I still haven't gotten a handle on the driving physics though, things drift like crazy

It feels very cool once you get the hang of it. I love this game.

I like that you can't hit pedestrians, cause this a chill game and not about murder.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Now playing: Ray Parker, Jr. - Theme from Driver: San Francisco

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

It feels very cool once you get the hang of it. I love this game.

I like that you can't hit pedestrians, cause this a chill game and not about murder.

It's really nice of them to program citizens to always leap out of the way, I feel much better. Innocents shouldn't have to die because I grabbed the handbrake too late

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jacob's Ladder but you're delivering pizza

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEn60keGiMQ

Dec 26, 2012

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Does this one have a bunch of cool glitches like Driver 3? With regards to the driving I guess all Driver games feature cars that cannot turn.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

Does this one have a bunch of cool glitches like Driver 3?

Nah it's solid. There's a lot of intentional weridness tho.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in Driver You Are the Wheel Man there was a mode where you spawn in a circle of cop cars and try to get away but often they would hit you so hard so fast you would just take off like a rocket and the game let you record movies and those were some good times on ps1.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thanks for reminding me i need to finish this game since i spent 2 hours getting uplay to not crash when i bought it on sale

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

The hardest part of Driver is that you can't follow any other car if they look directly at you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol, I looked at the quick look for this and it used to have a prompt every time you hit continue to Share your Progress to Twitter

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Lol, I looked at the quick look for this and it used to have a prompt every time you hit continue to Share your Progress to Twitter

thats sick

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the last driver game was Driver 2: The Return of the Wheelman which featured stealth missions with school busses

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I liked a lot of what I saw of driver san francisco in the demo I played of it. The atmosphere was fun and breezy, the body swapping mechanic kept the gameplay flow going, and there was a lot of variety in the different missions you were given. The one thing that stopped me from buying it was that there was altogether too much driving.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I'm trying to think of games I did enjoy the driving in that weren't racing games and all I can think of is sleeping dogs and uh the die hard with a vengance game in die hard trilogy on the playstation 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tbh to more I play of it the less and less I like the handling.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although thats not really a problem most of the time because the main missions have become pseudo puzzles on which car you need to posses so you can swing into oncoming traffic and obliterate your target

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no they will not posted:

I'm trying to think of games I did enjoy the driving in that weren't racing games and all I can think of is sleeping dogs and uh the die hard with a vengance game in die hard trilogy on the playstation 1

if had the equipment to stream from my tv id pretty much run a twitcdh channel of me playing diue hard every day

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

trying to jack off posted:

if had the equipment to stream from my tv id pretty much run a twitcdh channel of me playing diue hard every day
I completely forgot about that game until literally right now and now I really really wanna play it really badly.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

no they will not posted:

I really disliked the game of Die Hard with a Vengeance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The sleeping dogs driving was great. The races were the only side content I 100% because I really like flying through Hong Kong at 180 mph

Pox
Feb 16, 2015

Hi, I'm Ryan Dunn and this is Jackass

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

The sleeping dogs driving was great. The races were the only side content I 100% because I really like flying through Hong Kong at 180 mph

come to think of it sleeping dogs did the same thing driver san francisco does in that they both have a mechanic for swapping cars without breaking game flow

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just remembered the arcade game lucky & wild. its not really related to anything but it was loving sick and i had to post somewhere about it

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

no they will not posted:

I like the driving in San Andreas and Vice City. MGSV is decent as well. And the games like Outrun/Ray Tracers/Chase HQ.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ostentatious posted:

the last driver game was Driver 2: The Return of the Wheelman which featured stealth missions with school busses

Curved Road Technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

this games really cool even though the driving physics suck.

its kind of not even a driving game. like youll have races but instead of racing what you want to do is possess oncoming cars and smash them into the other racers until they all die and you just win.

• Locked thread