Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Zain, how do you have a proper targeting reticule and not the annoying near-invisible laser dot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Slab Squatthrust

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

The only weapons AI Sheva should have are melee ones or ones with infinite ammo.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Technically, the Bui Kichwa (or Plaga C form) that we are about to encounter have 6 legs, and lack any distinct abdomen. Thusly, they are not true arachnids, and more insect-like in nature.

Besides, they die instantly to a Flash Grenade or Flash round, making them trivial to fight.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Spiders, I am absolutely terrified of. Other stuff in that general area of creepy crawliness like scorpions and those loving whip spider things from Revelations 2 are freaky, but I am generally okay with. Not to spoil anything major for the future of this LP, but generally if it's smaller than my shoe and not a spider, I don't mind it nearly as much.

edit: Also, as I explained in the video (and in the Killzone LP), my fears are entirely rational! I have a perfectly good reason to fear spiders! Maybe not video game spiders, but real ones for sure!

I find it very appropriate that you're LPing Off The Record, since "A spider nearly killed me, you know" is your version of "I've covered wars, you know."

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Alright, I think it best if we cool the spiderchat in this thread, if but to keep CJacobs from staying in a fetal position on his floor.

I find the Grenade Launcher very useful, since it can easily take the place of a Flash Grenade slot and hold way more Flash rounds than a grenade ever could.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Zain posted:

drat skippy! Just call me deadmau5 cause my music choices are so slick... Or something. I don't really know much about deadmau5 outside of his name.

He's a Canadian DJ who wears goofy headgear while making electronic dance music. That's all there is to know.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Wanderer posted:

She also can't exploit weak points, which is occasionally obnoxious, but as long as you consider her to be an Option from Gradius and equip her accordingly, she can be useful.

I always equipped her with the Stun Rod the first chance I got, and then she became my Items Mule.

Of course, I wish I had known that one of the purchasable pistols in the game had Piercing damage since Sheva only does body shots and it comes in handy with armored or shielded enemies.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

I think Zain is secretly sabotaging the Licker efforts by running for a split second and then denying everything.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

This was a good boss to use the RPG on.

Fire and forget... that this boss sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Zain posted:

Lemme tell you, that sorta thing has always been a huge fear of mine. It's up there on the top 5 list.

I dunno, I'm gonna side with CJacobs here and rank spiders higher than that.

• Locked thread