Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I like Resident Evil 5 you know, it's not as great as 4 was, which set the standard for the modern Resident Evil franchise and layed the way for other games like Dead Space and Gears of War, but I liked it for what it was, Co-Op and all, which was pretty fun, sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Those Alpha Team guys weren't ragdolling as you were walking over them, they were actually doing a last breath style animation, if you are quick enough, you can see one of the guys near the furnace room look up at you before slumping to the side.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I would, gently caress the Red 9, I always sold that poo poo as soon as the Blacktail became available.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Unlike in RE4 where you see Leon's head go flying when he gets chainsawed, you don't lose your top in 5 when the same happens, the game cuts away because nothing happens to your character model, it's just camera trickery and the devs not wanting to animate you getting gibbed.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Zain posted:

Is Degeneration the movies? Because I don't think that's really cannon. But I'm not sure either way.

The CG Resident Evil films are canon since they take place in the game's universe and were produced by Capcom directly, the live action films are not part of the canon, they are separate, and thank god for that.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

El Gigante or Ndesu as he's called here is really, really hard on Professional mode, you'd better have the accuracy of a machine to block his attacks and poo poo or you will die in mere moments.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

You know just before you set off the Magnum ambush, you could hear the Giant Majini (that's the mask guy's name) coming for you from the distance, so you could have killed them separately.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

You'd be surprised how many people stand and fight during the escape to the boat sequence, it's super easy to just ignore everyone and charge through.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I am declaring Jan. 1 - Dec. 31 the official Put A Spider Out Of Your Misery week.It's a very long week.

Remove them from this planet so they can't melt your shoes!

Without Spiders watching over us when we sleep, we'd be covered in flying insects 24/7, that is reason enough to let the Spiders roam free and unchecked.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I do agree that Spiders don't belong in the bathroom after opening my bath towel after a bath and finding a spider just chilling out in the center of it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I suppose the reason why you can slit their throats is because they are living people and not zombies. :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It's fine in single player, the AI isn't braindead as the internet would have you believe and can cope in bosses that require 2 people pretty well, I know since I played it primarily in single player and had no real issues.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

For what its worth, AI Sheva or Chris usually stands in the safe spots and won't move until the puzzle is complete.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

CJacobs is the shining light in this game's insanity, he is a true treasure but should not be sold to buy the infinite rocket launcher.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Funnily enough the T Veronica Virus comes back in Resident Evil 6, it's the reason why the J'avo enemies in Chris's campaign look like insects when they transform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

Is this info gleaned from finding serpent emblems? I"m playing through it again on the PS4 (I forgot how lackluster it is overall) and haven't seen squat... but maybe I'm just glazing over when most of the cutscenes hit.

The virus of the game, the C Virus was created by merging the T Veronica Virus with the G Virus, the information for this is scattered all across the game as you'd expect these days.

• Locked thread