Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
Little know fact the Executioner was actually supposed to be called the Executionist because he's a 16th century Polish nobleman/legal reformer.

And I can confirm that Bulletstorm still has GFWL, since I bought it during the Steam winter sale. Microsoft brought back a new version of GFWL (and I've actually been able to play Bulletstorm), so sadly they probably won't remove GFWL from any games they haven't already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Rangpur posted:

Even in darkest Africa dressing like extras from the set of Zulu is not super common, hth :tipshat:

I don't want to start a derail, but this part of the game is p. eye-roll inducing even if it doesn't rise to the level of Birth of a Nation.

It's pretty obvious that they wanted to recreate the Resident Evil 4 formula. The problem is that when they got to remaking the castle part they used sterotypical depictions of Africans as a replacement for creepy cultists using medieval weaponry, which have a lot less baggage than people in grass skirts and spears.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Actually the final upgrade for the rifles turns it into a semi automatic, which makes it very powerful but requires the use of trucks for ammo.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Cjacobs, does your irrational fear extend to all arachnids or is it limited to octo-kittens?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

if it's smaller than my shoe and not a spider, I don't mind it nearly as much.

Personally I prefer creepy crawlies to be big, then you know where they are. I'd rather deal with a tarantula than a black widow.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Yeah but that doesn't kill the plagas! Or at least, there's no reason why it should. Of course, the power of coolness is infinite in this game so who am I to judge.

edit: Also, Chris has his own version of that move wherein he does a sick neck snap which seems like it would be even less effective.

I am greatly saddened that Chris doesn't just punch through a Ganado and have its heart clenched in his fist when he comes through it ribs.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Zain posted:

As a blonde person I find this extremely racist... That's how race works right? Blonde people are a race right?

Considering race is a social construct, if you get enough people to agree with you, yes.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Zain is from Arizona. Arizona was a Confederate territory. It follows that Zain wants to repeal the 13th Amendment and make Dixie the national anthem.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Antistar01 posted:

I actually think that the weirdest thing about not-zombies with guns in RE5 is that none of the other not-zombies were doing that. :v:

It always bothered me that in RE4 the militia on the high-tech island base used crossbows. Maybe they ran out of money because of all their experiments on Las Plagas?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

AradoBalanga posted:

Impossible. Chris is way too skinny.

It was early in development, they based it off of Chris as depicted in earlier games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How soon before you two play that garbage game that everyone hates?

• Locked thread