Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Next NJPW World card:

quote:

NJPW World Tag League Finals
December 10th at 3:00 AM EDT/8:00 GMT
Sekisui Heim Super Arena, Miyagi

Jushin "Thunder" Liger and Tiger Mask IV vs. Ryusuke Taguchi and David Finlay
Manabu Nakanishi and Henare vs. Bad Luck Fale and Yujiro Takahashi (BC)
Billy Gunn and Yoshtatsu vs. Chase Owens and BONE SOLDIER (BC)
War Machine vs. Brian Breaker and Leland Race
Yuji Nagata and TenCozy vs. LIJ (SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI)
Katsuyori Shibata and Juice Robinson vs. Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI(CHAOS)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and KUSHIDA vs. Tetsuya Naito and Rush(LIJ)
Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI(CHAOS) vs. Kenny Omega and Hangman Page(BC)
[b]WORLD TAG LEAGUE FINAL:
GBH vs. G.O.D

NJPW World Watch all major shows live or on demand for only about $10 a month

NJPW World PSP Thread

NJPW's official English website

enuhito's English language page

@e_key_oide and @reasonjp both often provide live translations of Japanese promos during events

PUROLOVE has results, schedules, and official gate figures for all puro feds large and small

RealHero [ (Twitter) (VoW Puro Drop thread) Is your best source for NOAH (and a bunch of other puro leagues as well)

Voices of Wrestling covers Japanese wrestling well and their forums are actually decent unlike most wrestling message boards I've seen besides this one

Thauros fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Results:

quote:

Wrestle Kingdom 10 from Tokyo Dome
January 4th 2016
25,204 Fans
Watch in either English or Japanese on NJPW World

0: New Japan Rumble : Jado threw Ryusuke Taguchi over the top rope at (31:51) for the Final Elimination. Order of Elimination: Captain New Japan, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Tiger Mask, Hiro Saito, Jushin Thunder Liger, Manabu Nakanishi, Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Mascara Dorada, King Haku, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, The Great Kabuki, Kazushi Sakuraba, Cheeseburger, YOSHI-HASHI, Shiro Koshinaka & Ryusuke Taguchi.

WGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title 4 Way MatchYoung Bucks beat RPG Vice, reDRagon(c), and Matt Sydal and Ricochet at (16:52) when Matt Jackson pinned Rocky Romero with More Bang for Your Buck to win the titles

2.NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Title: Toru Yano, Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe beat Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga (11:34) when s Jay pinned Tonga afet Springboard Doomsday Device to become the inagural champions

3. ROH World Title: Jay Lethal (c) beat Michael Elgin (12:00) with the Lethal Injection.

4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: KUSHIDA beat Kenny Omega(c) (12:48) with a Front Cradle to win the title.

5. IWGP Tag Team Title: Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma beat Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) (12:49) after Makabe pinned Gallows with a King Kong Kneedrop to win the titles.

6. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto beat Tetsuya Naito (12:16) with a Shouten Kai

7. NEVER Openweight Title: Katsuyori Shibata beat Tomohiro Ishii (c) (17:19) with a PK to win the title.

8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) beat AJ Style (24:18) with a Boma Ye (2nd defense).s

9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) beat Hiroshi Tanahashi (36:01) with the Rainmaker (2nd defense).
(info courtesy of https://www.purolove.com)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 4, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

We should have a better idea of booking plans when the lineup for the New Year's Dash show tomorrow morning US time is released.

I'm very curious to see who's going to be the one to challenge Nakamura for the IC. I'm assuming Goto's going to challenge Okada at New Beginning: Osaka, but there's still another NB show that's going to need a headline match.

There's seriously no one out there that seems in position for a title shot. Last year it went to Nagata after he won the NJ Rumble but somehow I doubt we're going to see a repeat of that this time.....

Anyone have any guesses?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Goto again so he can pull off the Goto-esque feat of losing two championship matches in the same night

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jado won the rumble. This is Jado's time

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Thauros posted:

We should have a better idea of booking plans when the lineup for the New Year's Dash show tomorrow morning US time is released.

I'm very curious to see who's going to be the one to challenge Nakamura for the IC. I'm assuming Goto's going to challenge Okada at New Beginning: Osaka, but there's still another NB show that's going to need a headline match.

There's seriously no one out there that seems in position for a title shot. Last year it went to Nagata after he won the NJ Rumble but somehow I doubt we're going to see a repeat of that this time.....

Anyone have any guesses?

Elgin challenging for the NEVER title on the other show?

Also, the real next big NOAH show is this:

quote:

(-) GHC Junior Tag Championship Match: [25th Champions] Daisuke Harada & Atsushi Kotoge vs. [Challengers] TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
~ 3rd title defense.
(-) GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: [30th Champion] Taiji Ishimori vs. [Challenger] Kenoh
~ 1st title defense.
(-) GHC Tag Championship Match: [33rd Champions] Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. [Challengers] Muhammad Yone & Katushiko Nakajima
~ 6th title defense.
(-) Special Single Match: Go Shiozaki vs. Minoru Suzuki [Pancrase MISSION]
(-) GHC Heavyweight Championship Match: [24th Champion] Naomichi Marufuji vs. [Challenger] Takashi Sugiura
~ 1st title defense.

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 4, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

:lol: and I just fixed that figuring no one caught it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shiozaki/Minoru could be great

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Court Bauer says Nakamura, AJ, and a few others from the Bullet Club gave notice but he wouldn't go into detail

take that as you will

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 4, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If NJPW is really losing Nakamura and AJ at once then they need to figure out how to build stars other than Okada and quickly, or they are super hosed.

I remember Styles gushing about how well he's been treated in New Japan on Jericho's podcast like, a year ago. Wonder what changed, or if 'notice' just means he's taking a few months off to heal.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Court didn't go into detail but it was definitely "not coming back" notice and not "a few months off" notice.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I hope I see AJ/Bullet Club at NXT Nashville in Feb.

NJPW really needs to bring in some fresh blood if this rumor is true. Hogan gets another run...?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
If either Nakamura or AJ are leaving NJPW, then I'm real glad I got to see their match live because it was rad as hell.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Grozz Nuy posted:

If NJPW is really losing Nakamura and AJ at once then they need to figure out how to build stars other than Okada and quickly, or they are super hosed.

I remember Styles gushing about how well he's been treated in New Japan on Jericho's podcast like, a year ago. Wonder what changed, or if 'notice' just means he's taking a few months off to heal.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nakamura needs to take time off to rest too, aren't there a numbere of reports w/r/t how banged up he is?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Hace posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if Nakamura needs to take time off to rest too, aren't there a numbere of reports w/r/t how banged up he is?

This is all NJPW main eventers though

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
RIP NJPW. They went out on top.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Grozz Nuy posted:

This is all NJPW main eventers though

You can only stay hosed up on painkillers for so long I guess

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Luigi Thirty posted:

Court Bauer says Nakamura, AJ, and a few others from the Bullet Club gave notice but he wouldn't go into detail

take that as you will

Court has been full of poo poo before but this feels too big to be completely false, or else he looks ridiculous. Like it'd turn people off to MLW stuff ridiculous.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

A couple hours ago my main concern was if this morning's gate was a sign of serious decline or just a change in the accounting of paid vs. papered tickets.....

As I said on twitter losing Bullet Club by itself isn't necessarily the end the world. Short term blow obviously but the booking's been stuck in a malaise, new gaijin can be pushed, and that would at least force them to do something fresh.

Losing Nakamura AND all the top gaijin/heels? This is bad. Very bad. The company's already shown some signs of a downturn both creatively adn commercially before this happened and they simply don't have the star power to deal with this.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I really just hope Nakamura doesn't go anywhere near WWE.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Meltzer now also tweeting about there being lots of big news.

This is shaping up to be a crazy 24 hours.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Howling Man posted:

I really just hope Nakamura doesn't go anywhere near WWE.

where else would he go? Dave even said a few weeks ago that they wanted him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nakamura is going to go to become a minor leaguer.

'Yay'

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i loving hate nxt

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I would agree but if it means Nakamura shows up to NXT Memphis then so be it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hate my life

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

sigmachiev posted:

Meltzer now also tweeting about there being lots of big news.

This is shaping up to be a crazy 24 hours.

He always does that though "Huge news, lots to talk about, etc.". The fact that there is zero up on F4W means they cannot confirm it at all.

Also if Nakamura left they'd probably put the IC belt on Tanahashi. It actually might be a blessing for NJPW in the short term. You can turn over BC to Kenny Omega and have him make a run at the IC title for now. If nothing else, it forces New Japan to freshen things up. With that said, I'm still convinced until Dave says something or they do a breaking news audio. I don't really trust Court's track record.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 5, 2016

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Nakamura joins NXT, wrestles for a month, then gets put away for 18 months due to exploding joints

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i loving hate nxt

Yeah I admit I'm now glad I couldn't get tickets as petty and stupid as that makes me sound.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Assuming its all true I say it's awesome for all involved. These are dudes in their mid to late 30s trying to do something new and cool with their careers while theres still time. Good on them for rolling the dice.

Its awkward for NJPW at first but it also creates lots of opportunities to push new folks, which needs to happen. I mean hell, it's not like there aren't other awesome wrestlers in Japan.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

sigmachiev posted:

Court has been full of poo poo before but this feels too big to be completely false, or else he looks ridiculous. Like it'd turn people off to MLW stuff ridiculous.

Court's a known bullshitter but he has no reason to lie about people he has a close business relationship with and sacrifice MLW's rep for a 5 minute paid podcast announcement.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

sigmachiev posted:

Assuming its all true I say it's awesome for all involved. These are dudes in their mid to late 30s trying to do something new and cool with their careers while theres still time. Good on them for rolling the dice.

Its awkward for NJPW at first but it also creates lots of opportunities to push new folks, which needs to happen. I mean hell, it's not like there aren't other awesome wrestlers in Japan.

I think it depends who they take. If they get Nakamura, karl anderson, and AJ, BC is fine. Thauros and I were both talking on twitter about how you make Kenny Omega the top Gaijin and then you still have the bucks, Cody Hall, Tonga, and Fale with Doc Gallows kind of floating around I guess?

What's Ibushi's situation besides being hurt? Is he coming back? I thought I heard he was going to do way more DDT stuff than NJPW. I felt like originally he was supposed to get the NEVER title shot at the dome show yesterday.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
If Nakamura and Styles both go to NXT I may stop watching all non-pwg and maybe roh wrestling.

edit: oh and dragon gate

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Voices of Wrestling posted:

Been poking around. It looks like the key NJPW notices were given after the show was already laid out/booked.

This means New Beginning plans were likely already made, which would have to be radically adjusted now.

Jado quickbooking himself to win the Rumble just so he can be happy during the show

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Akileese posted:

I think it depends who they take. If they get Nakamura, karl anderson, and AJ, BC is fine. Thauros and I were both talking on twitter about how you make Kenny Omega the top Gaijin and then you still have the bucks, Cody Hall, Tonga, and Fale with Doc Gallows kind of floating around I guess?

What's Ibushi's situation besides being hurt? Is he coming back? I thought I heard he was going to do way more DDT stuff than NJPW. I felt like originally he was supposed to get the NEVER title shot at the dome show yesterday.

He definitely is coming back assuming he physically can. Both companies already said they're keeping his contract open for him.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I would agree but if it means Nakamura shows up to NXT Memphis then so be it

He won't, he's still obligated to ROH for 14th Anniversary at the end of February.

I think it's funny people are getting mad at HHH for this when Nakamura himself is reportedly the one who really wants to break into the US before the end of his career. He wasn't holding anybody at gunpoint, and guys like Anderson and Romero were being wasted in NJPW's undercard anyway.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Grozz Nuy posted:

He won't, he's still obligated to ROH for 14th Anniversary at the end of February.

I think it's funny people are getting mad at HHH for this when Nakamura himself is reportedly the one who really wants to break into the US before the end of his career. He wasn't holding anybody at gunpoint, and guys like Anderson and Romero were being wasted in NJPW's undercard anyway.

drat. Oh well.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Yoshi somehow made the team of Matt Striker and K-Double worse.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I for one am excited to see AJ Styles win his first real match with his new finishing move, the *rolls dice* Unprettier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Chris James 2 posted:

I for one am excited to see AJ Styles win his first real match with his new finishing move, the *rolls dice* Unprettier

He broke a man's neck with that Unprettier, Maggle! Welcome to the big leagues, kid!

• Locked thread