Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
70s television is almost cheating in this thread.
2 Broke Girls is the worst of modern TV. There is no comedic depth to it. There are early 90s stereotypes throughout. Whitney Cummings is a total hackfest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

wiffle ball bat posted:

i dont watch network tv

smart choice, i guess. i watch only 2 shows these days:

1. jeopardy
2. if there's no new jeopardy i watch band of brothers (starting it over when i reach the end)

it's solid as gently caress i highly recommend

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
See how many minutes you can last through the American remake of Peep Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yredc3ayOE

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The legit worst ones are difficult to remember. Used to watch a lot of TV land around 99-00, most of them 70s shows were likable enough (Threes Company, etc), but Mamas Family was just terrible.

Good Poster Guy
Jan 5, 2016

by Cowcaster
The Wire. Couldn't understand what anyone was saying, dull as dirt. Don't get all the fuss over it, seemed like garbage.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I will say the first few season of the Walking Dead weren't terrible or anything, but my girlfriend refuses to give up on it, so I have seen a lot of season 6 and I can't tell if they are being serious or if the writers are just loving with fans for amusement?

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Also if we're including shows that don't tell stories, every show on espn is worse than everything listed here

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if youve ever watched more than an hour of sportscenter at a time you are probably braindead like me hth

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
primetime television in particular is embarrassingly bad, and it is tough for me fathom just how stupid the general public has to be in order to enjoy it

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i agree with everyone who said heroes

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

But when you're a kid you're legally obligated to watch the same Sportscenter like 7 times in a row when you stay home sick.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

But when you're a kid you're legally obligated to watch the same Sportscenter like 7 times in a row when you stay home sick.

ever wonder why so many people are stupid as gently caress?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
isnt there a new season of heroes? is it great?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

www posted:

reality tv, all of it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

Dexter. It's Dexter.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

OctoberBlues posted:

I long for the days of misspent youth

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Luvcow posted:

the chevy chase show (1993)

jesus christ the horrible awkwardness of that first show is burned into my brain

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Just hearing the Inspector Gadget theme gives me a migraine

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

ghlbtsk posted:

jesus christ the horrible awkwardness of that first show is burned into my brain

:same:

i liked chevy but that show was just terrible, every single joke fell flat in the worst way

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
1990s: Nightman

Bad effects, bad plots, major change from the comic book, it ran way too long. I mean, it ran for YEARS on WGN. At least Beastmaster had some charm to it.

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
Survivor and big brother

Seriously gently caress those shows

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
reality tv is garbage for retards

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

Canada made a hosed-up monstrosity with Angela Anaconda. :colbert:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Hannity

Although, everyone on Cheers is insufferable. Please tell me it gets better by the third season.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One for New Zealanders - Melody Rules. A sitcom so bad it ruined the careers of everyone involved and is regarded as one of the worst sitcoms of all time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sitcoms_notable_for_negative_reception

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melody_Rules

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Friends

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just remembered Baby Bob

quote:

Baby Bob is an American sitcom that launched on CBS as a midseason replacement in March 2002. The Baby Bob character had previously been on television since February 2000, appearing in commercials for FreeInternet.com.[1] While actual infants played Bob, the effect to make him look like he was talking was achieved through computer editing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Dregs posted:

[timg]http://imgur.com/gPF1QV6[/timg] I tried posting this image three times, and I cent get it to work. imgur is all fucky now

Putting a .jpg at the end of your link isn't that hard to figure out

Faith For Two
Aug 27, 2015

The Ren and Stimpy Adult Party cartoon. This is the M-rated adaptation of a show for children. Only three episodes of its six episodes were aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdmlT6aiAtU
:nws:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7vj5v_gross-ren-and-stimpy-moment_fun

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I genuinely envy anyone who thinks that some boring-rear end sitcom is the worst they've been subjected to. Those writers didn't care. The writers of Allen Gregory did care, and that made it worse.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

There is a show about an interracial lesbian foster family (1 moms a cop and 1 is an artist I think) that really goes over the top to cram in every possible group. Rosie O'Donnell even makes regular appearances to drop folksy lesbian wisdom on the kids, almost like Wilson from Home Improvement.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Pick posted:

I genuinely envy anyone who thinks that some boring-rear end sitcom is the worst they've been subjected to. Those writers didn't care. The writers of Allen Gregory did care, and that made it worse.

holy poo poo i'd completely blocked this show from my memory but had to google it bc it kept getting mentioned:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Gregory

i now remember it and yes i can agree it was very bad and i wish i hadn't ever remembered seeing it

also

Egbert Souse posted:

Although, everyone on Cheers is insufferable. Please tell me it gets better by the third season.

Coach was awesome and Woody is a nice replacement, how do you not love Carla, Sammy, Cliffy and Norm?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Reality TV is definitely the worst, but is really a genre more than a show.

In terms of terrible shows:

The Facts of Life
Joanie Loves Chachi
The Ropers
The Herculoids
Knight Rider

Good Poster Guy
Jan 5, 2016

by Cowcaster

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

There is a show about an interracial lesbian foster family (1 moms a cop and 1 is an artist I think) that really goes over the top to cram in every possible group. Rosie O'Donnell even makes regular appearances to drop folksy lesbian wisdom on the kids, almost like Wilson from Home Improvement.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

Kindergarten Camp posted:

Canada made a hosed-up monstrosity with Angela Anaconda. :colbert:

True, and we inflicted it on ourselves.

Chuck Lorre productions are the worst by far though.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

My brain almost completely purged this from my memory. Holy poo poo was it awful. I knew it was going to be bad when I saw the fox previews for it, and holy poo poo was it ever affirmed when I heard that fuckup Jonah Hill's voice.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Everybody Love's Raymond. Its just a vaguely trashy family being boring at high volume. All the drama and laughter of a trip to the Golden Corral.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Rosie O'Donnell gets paid American dollars to be on shows and, afterwards, someone goes down on her.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Microwaves Mom posted:

My brain almost completely purged this from my memory. Holy poo poo was it awful. I knew it was going to be bad when I saw the fox previews for it, and holy poo poo was it ever affirmed when I heard that fuckup Jonah Hill's voice.

It's odd because there are other really bad adult-oriented animated shows (e.g. Brickleberry, or Father of the Pride, or Tripping The Rift) and none of them can complete with Allen Gregory's terribleness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

My wife watches all of these.

• Locked thread