Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SteveHarveyOswald
Aug 31, 2015

by Lowtax

In with:
114) You're a real wizard in the kitchen. That's not hyperbole, you're a wizard and you use your magic in food. Your dishes are literally magical, like potions except with more shiitake mushrooms. The freshest ingredients cause the strongest effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveHarveyOswald
Aug 31, 2015

by Lowtax

I am in. :toxx:

SteveHarveyOswald
Aug 31, 2015

by Lowtax

Gold Rush
497 words

“I never should have agreed to come to this bloody place with you two,” Octavian muttered to himself as he lay in the fetal position, clutching his stomach.

“You joined me and Edward on this trip of your own free will,” Horace replied.

Octavian groaned and forced himself to sit upright in his bed. “I joined you on this little trip, brother, only because of your promises of fortune and adventure. Instead I find myself broke, sick, and wasting away.”

Horace laughed. “I spoke only of the potential of this journey, and I made no promises. Besides, is this not an adventure?”

“Ha! Some adventure. We have gone broke, digging in the dirt for months on end, and for what? For a pittance of gold that won’t even pay our way back home.”

“We’re not beat yet, Octavian. We have one last shot. Edward is prospecting that claim up the hill as we speak.” Horace stood up and gestured for his brother to join him.

Octavian groaned. “You go ahead and play in the dirt. I’ll join you when I’m ready.”

“You’re going to pay a visit to that shady merchant again, aren’t you?”

“Mind your business, Horace. I’m tired of you talking down to me.”

Horace grabbed Octavian’s satchel from the table.

“What do you think you are doing with that?” Octavian tossed his sweat drenched sheets aside and struggled to his feet.

“I am not going to let you throw any more of our money away on that poison. Look at the state it has left you in.”

Horace started out the door and Octavian stumbled after him.

“What do you mean our funds? You accuse me of spending your money?” Octavian shouted, struggling to keep up with his brother.

Horace stopped and waited for Octavian to catch up. “We are in this as equal partners, meaning we split all of the costs. That was the agreement, correct? After all you’ve spent on your medicine, as you call it, how do you plan to pay your half of this venture?”

“Maybe I no longer wish to be a part of this venture. I’ve already lost enough. Just give me my bag.”

“The only thing you have lost is your dignity, and you know what robbed you of it?” Horace reached into the satchel and pulled out a small bottle. “This is what you’ve chosen to throw our money away on.” Horace threw the vial over the cliff that ran along path.

The concoction had barely reached the river below before Octavian was mid-swing with a pickaxe, burying it in his older brother’s skull. The two collapsed into the mud.

A thud sound came from just up the hill. Octavian brought himself to his feet to see Edward running the other direction, leaving behind a gold pan in the dirt.
He walked over and looked into the pan. It was glittering with gold. “Should be more than enough for one more dose,” he said to himself.

SteveHarveyOswald
Aug 31, 2015

by Lowtax

In with Daysleeper.

SteveHarveyOswald
Aug 31, 2015

by Lowtax

in. hit me with a thing. :toxx:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveHarveyOswald