Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
fjgj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

anime was right posted:

flerp (1 word)

flerp

archive this please

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I wrote some crits for some of yalls terrible 219 entries but I think they got buried under submissions.

loving read or don’t I don’t give a poo poo: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758791&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=111#post465661831

some 220 crits
widespread
Comma splices. Comma splices everywhere. I know why you’re doing this poo poo, too. Just because you’d pause there when you’re saying the sentence outloud does not mean that you need to insert a comma. Cut it out. It’s loving annoying to read.

I get the feeling you’re a pretty natural story teller in real life. That’s good.

Uhhh… I don’t know what the point of this was. Nothing is important. You just stumble around an idea and the shoehorn in some wierd “I can’t lie anymore” poo poo.

llamagucci
First section is weird in a good way. A little hard to read but interesting enough that I forgive it. Octopussian is a nice touch.

“I was nervous.” Dont- don’t do that. Show me. Don’t tell me. And especially don’t follow it up by having the interviewer look nervously from the hiring packet to the face. Why would that dude also be nervous? Doesn’t make sense.

Whaaaaaaaat that’s where you ended? Did you run out of time? You should have used your full word count because I’m interested in where you were going.

Hawklad
Haha I dig it man

Edit your poo poo before your submit

JABC
Your biggest crime here is that you actually came up with an interesting setting and then wrote the most boring story you possibly could. 1)Oh no something is in the vent 2) Oh wow its people they live here 3) End

There was no conflict or character development. This was just a vignette about a strange incident but it was nowhere near weird enough to hold up on its own. The whole thing seemed far too casual. Give me some stakes. Some drama. Some… something. Anything. Your idea was good. Don’t let it die like this.

BeefSupreme
Tough prompt

Perfect recordings bit made me laugh.

I’m halfway through and I like the world you’ve created. I’m afraid you’re not going to go anywhere with this story, though.

drat I was right. Good news? You created a cool setting and I briskly read through your story and enjoyed myself. Bad news? Nothing happened here. You just pasted together a bunch of pretty words without having them mean anything. You need a conflict. You need a character that learns something or changes over the course of story. Read SaddestRhino’s entry. I don’t necessarily think its great story but it gives a nice arc. You need to work on making an arc.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I am IN for this spooky Halloween prompt!

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Tuesday Afternoon
250 words

--see archive--

Tyrannosaurus fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 2, 2017

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Prompt

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
In.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnHGbWYzHz0

Slaughter
750 words

--see archive--

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
prompt

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
My only experience with that accent is through comedians so I kept waiting for the story to be funny.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
In

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
To Open On The Day You Graduate Highschool
690 words

--see archive--

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Fuubi posted:

In with T-Rex.

Also :toxx: because of last weeks failure to deliver.

thats wassup

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
fast judging is good judging and this was good judging

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Good.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/prompts.php

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
In.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Could someone do me a favor and copy paste my story from a Google doc? I can't seem to do it from my phone

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LOX8U-DZBPUNnP-KKWQzglr4jG4QiAd4oGwqTbvoWwI/edit

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
In.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Nobody Wants to Die Here in the Strip Club
1068 words

--see archive--

Tyrannosaurus fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 2, 2017

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Mrenda you're cool.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Thunderdome 2017: Everyone dies. No one writes well.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Thunderdome 2017teen: Write Short Stories Win No Prizes

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Thunderdome 2017teen: words are a bitch

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

docbeard posted:

Thunderdome 2017: Write A drat Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU