Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

The Mash posted:

There is nothing about this game I don't know.

Ok so about commando. I use Fire Strike as main attack, and it's completely skill pointed up to Static Strike at the moment. Is it worth going deeper into demo tree just for Brimstone? Looking at the description without any skill points in it, it kinda looks weakish. Although, if I go deeper into demo I suppose it wouldn't be exclusively for brimstone but also the canister bomb upgrade Improved Casing. And speaking of IC, it also confuses me. The description says "...and slowing them down.", but statwise there's nothing about any slow on the description? Does IC actually slow enemies that get canister bombed? If so, how much and how long it lasts?

I love using Canister Bombs but gonna skip the stunning upgrade because stuns just feel really loving worthless in this game. I've already tried stun jacks as crowd control and the only enemies that I actually need them with (melee bosses like that guy in steps of torment) seem to resist them most of the time or otherwise just don't give a gently caress. Jacks are worthless, stuns are worthless and I'm pretty sure the CB stun upgrade is even more worthless than worthless since it debuffs the bomb damage. Yase? :confused:

Fewd fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Is the molotov considered bad because I've pretty much maxed it out as far as I can up to Demon Fire and it seems to do a hell of a number on big groups of dudes.

Just wondering if I could be getting more fire out of using something else, like the canister grenade.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 7, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Pretty much any skill can be used as your main attack skill if sufficiently invested in, provided it actually has the primary purpose of doing damage. I don't think you could run with like flashbang or blade trap as your main damage skills, for instance.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

zidane13 posted:

I think I'm playing my classes wrong, but it's really fun, at least as early as I am(level 16). Shaman/Arcanist, with Primal Strike and Devouring Swarm maxed, and a few points in Iskandra's Elemental Exchange 'cause the MP absorb sounded good(I can't tell if its helping, but it was probably a waste of a class). I shoot bugs, gamble on lightning strikes, and run away making Zoidberg noises when I meet bosses, which are hella fun on Veteran and actually require me to think and dance.

Thinking I might restart and pick another sub-class. If I did, what would be a good choice? Really the only thing I'm unhappy with is lack of mana, as potions are expensive and so much less cool than new equipment. Also, do 2-handed weapons start dropping more frequently later? 'Cause I've had to buy all mine, not a single drop that wasn't white, whereas I've gotten tons of blue/greens for everything else.

Also also, if an item says "+XX% Elemental Damage", does it increase damage from using that element or am I doing extra elemental damage?
If an item says +x% Elemental damage, that actually means +x% Cold damage, +x% Fire damage AND +x% Lightning damage. So any damage you already have from any of those three sources will be increased by x%. If you have no lightning damage, you won't suddenly start doing lightning damage because of it though. You need flat x lightning damage for that.

Fewd posted:

Ok so about commando. I use Fire Strike as main attack, and it's completely skill pointed up to Static Strike at the moment. Is it worth going deeper into demo tree just for Brimstone? Looking at the description without any skill points in it, it kinda looks weakish. Although, if I go deeper into demo I suppose it wouldn't be exclusively for brimstone but also the canister bomb upgrade Improved Casing. And speaking of IC, it also confuses me. The description says "...and slowing them down.", but statwise there's nothing about any slow on the description? Does IC actually slow enemies that get canister bombed? If so, how much and how long it lasts?

I love using Canister Bombs but gonna skip the stunning upgrade because stuns just feel really loving worthless in this game. I've already tried stun jacks as crowd control and the only enemies that I actually need them with (melee bosses like that guy in steps of torment) seem to resist them most of the time or otherwise just don't give a gently caress. Jacks are worthless, stuns are worthless and I'm pretty sure the CB stun upgrade is even more worthless than worthless since it debuffs the bomb damage. Yase? :confused:

Have you focused on physical or elemental damage so far? Your second mastery selection and your focus on cuning or spirit decides this. Fire Strike can be used for both. If you've focused on elemental damage so far, I would get Brimstone. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

The Mash posted:

Have you focused on physical or elemental damage so far? Your second mastery selection and your focus on cuning or spirit decides this. Fire Strike can be used for both. If you've focused on elemental damage so far, I would get Brimstone. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Physical. My secondary is soldier and I haven't actually had any need to allocate points into anything except cunning so far. Physical is high enough as is for gear and got no extra in spirit which is also barely enough for jewelry as is. What about the Improved Casing thing, do you know if it actually slows enemies or something?

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
I'm doing the Commando thing too, it's fun. Right now I'm planning on taking Brimstone, but mostly because the level 50 passive seems good too.

For Devotion, do the Activate on %Health/Block passives still need to attach to a skill or do they just work? I'm not sure what to take as a fiery tanky shooty man.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
So I finally managed to make my saboteur (nightblade/demo) work! I was focusing too much on passives but some of the demo active skills are also pretty good for survivability. The combination of night's chill and flashbang is pretty good to make enemies miss you, and also helps you crit them more. I also stopped focusing on physique for armor and went straight to health upgrades, moving my health from 2200 to 5k, so each modified pneumatic burst almost heals what was my entire HP bar. Now I'm not only dying a lot less on elite, I can sometimes take on 3 heroes without dying once. Sometimes I'll bump into those heroes that somehow are ridiculously stronger than the rest, though.

Not to mention I got this Chillsurge ring, which is loving absurd for crowd control, maybe even better than my flashbangs alone. Freezes everyone in a 7 meter radius for 3 seconds every 8 seconds and adds a 5% chance to freeze on my attacks, which procs a lot due to my attack speed. Oh yeah, and the frozen enemies take a huge hit to fire resistance too, which is pretty handy.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Fewd posted:

Jacks are worthless, stuns are worthless and I'm pretty sure the CB stun upgrade is even more worthless than worthless since it debuffs the bomb damage. Yase? :confused:

You're right that bosses and elites get stunned for a very short amount of time. AoE stuns are mostly used for killing groups of regular monsters safely. It can also help you clear some enemies, such as fast monsters that rush you, or groups of monsters that shoot/heal from behind the cover of other monsters. The thing about elites is that they're usually surrounded by regular monsters, so being able to safely take those monsters out may be helpful. But if you're not finding stuns helpful, don't use them.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Night10194 posted:

Is the molotov considered bad because I've pretty much maxed it out as far as I can up to Demon Fire and it seems to do a hell of a number on big groups of dudes.

Just wondering if I could be getting more fire out of using something else, like the canister grenade.

Cocktails seem like they can be used both as a supplemental debuff on Veteran, or if you completely max them out and invest heavily into "caster" stuff (high Spirit, energy regen, etc.), you could even use them as your primary way to deal damage (a left click replacement).

Canisters can be worked in most builds as a supplemental way to do fuckoff AoE damage and/or CC. Just a few points does wonders.

At least, that's how I see it. Feel free to try both out and see what you like.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

For what it's worth, currently on Ultimate, bosses (minus the final boss, who is obviously total bullshit) are the easiest part of the game. The hardest part is large packs with varied types of monsters. AoE damage and AoE CC is definitely useful.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

The Mash posted:

For what it's worth, currently on Ultimate, bosses (minus the final boss, who is obviously total bullshit) are the easiest part of the game. The hardest part is large packs with varied types of monsters. AoE damage and AoE CC is definitely useful.

That's really good to know. Thanks!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Another thing that really improved my survivability: Hollowed fangs. They have passive lifesteal and an active skill that ramps up the lifesteal and bleeding damage. You can even put it on both weapons if you're dual wielding and have separate cooldowns on the active skill. I even think you can activate both at once for double the effect. Since I run on a build with 250% bleeding damage it also ramps up my dps significantly.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
If I'm running a Forcequake based Warder, would I want Savagery ( every attack is murder! ), or Primal Strike as my backup?

Primal Strike seems like it'd be overkill/wasted points, since it seems to be the weaker Shaman version of Forcequake, and I'd probably want to be keeping my energy for Forcequake.

http://grimcalc.com/build/o2mklg seems to be what I'm thinking right now. Blitz my way into groups, drop a Forcequake, then with them all stunned, bleeding, and very unhappy, start slamming into them with very powerful Savagery attacks. Focus on Bleed/Lightning/Physical damage, and get a good boost to bleed damage through Primal Bond. I realize I need to actually look at the numbers first to see what a good point per point cost is for each of those skills ( like Blitz only really gets more damage, and if it does piddly damage anyway, I might as well just take those points out, use it as the mobility option, and instead get more health regen/armor. ), but mainly just trying to see what you guys think of core skill/ability use.

Main issues I can think of, only having played for a little bit/but played a lot of Titan Quest is that I'm skipping the health regen/armor buffs across the board in favor of mobility/damage. I'm also giving up the proc based abilities in Soldier, but really, I've never been able to trust proc abilities very well. These are considerably better then Titan Quests 5% chance to activate on hit style procs, but still, I'd rather have guaranteed hits/diversity upfront then not.

Thoughts?

e: Already learning a few things from googling around that are making me want to remove points in some things. Feral Hunger is a proc, so I'd really only want 1 point in it. Blitz can probably be 1, I'm only using it for the speed/aoe debuff. Also Trauma and Bleed aren't the same thing? In which case is Internal Trauma the skill for Forcewave even going to help much since I'll be focusing on Bleed/Lightning? Going to tweak this a bit more.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 8, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im using the shaman/arcanist build that is posted on the official forums and drat is hitting things and having the lightning that arcs around mobs gibbing them into a fine mist fun. I might just make a more dedicated face smasher build instead of transitioning into a combat caster, but I'd probably be better of having picked a different support class.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

So, when exploring the Blood Grove today, just slightly sticking out of the unexplored map fog, I saw the traces of an island and what seemed to be a NPC dot. I couldn't figure out how to get there, so I did some google searching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAkCEb8YSx8

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Rookersh posted:

If I'm running a Forcequake based Warder, would I want Savagery ( every attack is murder! ), or Primal Strike as my backup?

Primal Strike seems like it'd be overkill/wasted points, since it seems to be the weaker Shaman version of Forcequake, and I'd probably want to be keeping my energy for Forcequake.

http://grimcalc.com/build/o2mklg seems to be what I'm thinking right now. Blitz my way into groups, drop a Forcequake, then with them all stunned, bleeding, and very unhappy, start slamming into them with very powerful Savagery attacks. Focus on Bleed/Lightning/Physical damage, and get a good boost to bleed damage through Primal Bond. I realize I need to actually look at the numbers first to see what a good point per point cost is for each of those skills ( like Blitz only really gets more damage, and if it does piddly damage anyway, I might as well just take those points out, use it as the mobility option, and instead get more health regen/armor. ), but mainly just trying to see what you guys think of core skill/ability use.

Main issues I can think of, only having played for a little bit/but played a lot of Titan Quest is that I'm skipping the health regen/armor buffs across the board in favor of mobility/damage. I'm also giving up the proc based abilities in Soldier, but really, I've never been able to trust proc abilities very well. These are considerably better then Titan Quests 5% chance to activate on hit style procs, but still, I'd rather have guaranteed hits/diversity upfront then not.

Thoughts?

e: Already learning a few things from googling around that are making me want to remove points in some things. Feral Hunger is a proc, so I'd really only want 1 point in it. Blitz can probably be 1, I'm only using it for the speed/aoe debuff. Also Trauma and Bleed aren't the same thing? In which case is Internal Trauma the skill for Forcewave even going to help much since I'll be focusing on Bleed/Lightning? Going to tweak this a bit more.

Feral Hunger is a proc, yes, but you'll definitely want more than 1 point in it. It's only at 8% chance to proc at 1 point, and with way less damage than when maxed.

However, you probably first need to decide if you're going for damage from skills or autoattacks (Savagery being the latter). Savagery isn't very good for the first 3-4 stacks, so it's pretty bad as a supplementary source of damage. It's generally all or nothing with that skill. It pairs well with Blitz if you absolutely must have some burst damage, because at least Blitz give you the mobility to move around and keep your stacks up.

What weapon are you using? Everything about your build screams 2-hand, but you haven't taken the Might of the Bear modifier for Savagery which is incredibly point-efficient.

Also, you have access to the two best HP-bonuses in the game, Military Conditioning and Heart of the Wild, and you've currently taken neither when you should definitely take both.

You could consider going 50 Soldier/32 Shaman instead of 32 Soldier/50 Shaman, as Oleron's Rage is probably better than Primal Bond. I don't think you'll need the tankiness from Primal Bond if you get the must-have HP buffs, whereas the extra OA on Oleron's Rage is pure gold for you.

If you're going 1H/shield, you should DEFINITELY go 50/32 instead of 32/50, as Menhirs Bulwark is basically identical to Primal Bond, but Soldier will give you more Physique and more HP than Shaman and also give you the option to respec into Olerons Rage over Menhirs Bulwark, should you decide you're tanky enough and need more damage instead.

Also, and this is the most important piece of advice I can give:

Decide if you're going physical, bleed or lightning. You can combine physical and bleed reasonably well but those two definitely don't pair well with lightning.

If you choose physical, take the points out of Brute Force. 55% damage for 12 points is very low return on Investment.

You're also missing Storm Touched, the modifier for Savagery, which is very good if you choose to use Savagery as your primary source of damage.

Here's some example builds that try to do some of the things you want to do (but not all of them, because you're stretched too thin at the moment)
2hand Savagery (Physical/Bleed): http://grimcalc.com/build/3b4cwO
2hand Savagery (Lightning damage): http://grimcalc.com/build/O83nBC
1H/2H Forcewave (Physical/Bleed): http://grimcalc.com/build/UwY1TA (move pts from Squad Tactics or Decorated Soldier into Shield Training if you go 1H/Shield, use Mistborn Talisman relic or Shard of Beronath weapon component as your left click instead of Savagery)

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Pierson posted:

I want to like this game but I'm running into the same trouble I had with Path of Exile: It just feels dull. I get that it's a post-apocalyptic world but it doesn't feel post-apocalyptic in an interesting way like Dark Souls or something did. I've played about one and a half hours so obviously I only saw the first area which was a ruined village, a muddy field and a literal trash dump, populated by regular zombies and crab-monsters. Does the world get more interesting later on?

I also didn't really feel like the abilities had much punch but I assume that's just due to being low-level and my abilities being 'shoot gun' and 'throw grenade'.
Once you have enough devotion abilities firing off you can have some adequate skill explosions, but the game is way more visually boring than something like D3 where you have ghost horses and giant fire-breathing hydras and piranha tornadoes vaporizing everything around you constantly. For example, I have a good firestrike demo that can one shot most packs but it's more boring to watch than even my early level heroes in D3 or Marvel Heroes.

Acts 2-4 look better than Act 1 but they are all quite visually dull. Thematically I have no problem with the mix of fantasy, steampunk, and post-apocalypse, but the game has very poor contrast and excessive desaturation. The caves just look loving horendous and I do not miss the light radius mechanic from Diablo 2. More than half the time enemies are the same color as the ground textures they are standing on. It really irks me because I would have been totally happy if this game just looked as good as Titan Quest but the art direction is substantially worse.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah I kinda don't know how they ended up with a game that looks worse than TQ in 2016. Or maybe TQ was just a really impressive achievement for its time. I mean it still looks pretty drat good.

One of the D3 developers gave a talk at GDC a couple years ago about their art direction and why high contrast is important to an ARPG that you're gonna be playing for hours on end. I thought it was pretty insightful in explaining why that washed out, desaturated look can become visually tiring after a while. At least the animations in GD are fluid and ragdoll physics are back in full force.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I think the characters look 'bad' but not as 'bad' as in POE.(Not that is much of a compliment).

The scenarios though, outside the grimdark going on, i think they look pretty good.

Then again, TQ had a team of 35 people working on it and this had..uh...6?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I would like it if they amped up the colours, contrast and general appearance of player characters and, particularly, epic and legendary items, and also amped up most player spell effects quite a bit. If they did that, I would honestly prefer it if they kept the surroundings mostly the current dark colours, to more clearly show the distinction between players and the rest of the World.

Sheik90
Nov 26, 2010

I made a guide for constellations that shows all the stats they give, affinity requirements and complete constellation bonus.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=595046679

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

If I'm thinking of pairing up a Soldier with a pet class which one would work best? Also is it worth doing at all?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

2 things:

1) Aether ray owns holy poo poo

2) I think it's bugged in the way it interacts with proc skills because the devotion skill I have into it (imp) seems to hit random enemies on the screen and trigger as soon as the cast animation begins instead of when it hits an enemy.

This kinda owns also because you're focusing down the big dude and some mook standing directly behind you will explode in green fire

I'll have to get some more attack procs on my equipment and see if it's imp or Aether Ray that's causing the weirdness

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

If I'm thinking of pairing up a Soldier with a pet class which one would work best? Also is it worth doing at all?

For me, pet builds are generally all-or-nothing, since most pet builds use the pets that scale with pet bonuses rather than player bonuses (I don't think you can really do a pet build that scales with player bonuses, as that's mostly totems, traps and devotion procs). As a result, right now, it seems like the obvious pet build is Conjurer (Occultist/Shaman). That build can get tanky enough on its own that Soldier won't do much for it. And if you want to do damage yourself, your pets won't do enough.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Grim Dawn gives no fucks and that's why its awesome. They just throw a crazy boss in a hidden cave, make him scale with your level, and hook you up with act boss quality loot if you take him out. It's nice to play an aRPG that actually rewards exploration. Hand-made maps make all the difference too. His name is Maneater and for me his unmarked cave was in Mud Row near Burrwitch Outskirts

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I actually think most of the game from like homestead on looks really good... even though they redid a lot of the early stuff it still shows its age a lot worse. I would love animations up to the quality of D3 though.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Sheik90 posted:

I made a guide for constellations that shows all the stats they give, affinity requirements and complete constellation bonus.

Doin' God's work. Thank you for this thing that will surely be in the OP soon.

The Royal Scrub posted:

Grim Dawn gives no fucks and that's why its awesome. They just throw a crazy boss in a hidden cave, make him scale with your level, and hook you up with act boss quality loot if you take him out. It's nice to play an aRPG that actually rewards exploration. Hand-made maps make all the difference too. His name is Maneater and for me his unmarked cave was in Mud Row near Burrwitch Outskirts

I need to find that again. I was 17 when I found him and he was 22 and I had NO chance. Now that I'm 22 I'd like to take him out and see what's in there. But, as you said, the cave is unmarked...

Also: Lump me in with the crowd that things this game looks kinda bad. It's hard to distinguish what's what and overall the art style isn't just bland, it's bad. Game itself is fun but not a good time to look at.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
It sucks that this game starts in a swamp but it does get better. I kind of like colors/setting just because it honest to god looks like a real Eastern European country which is such a refreshing change.

Trying out a Demo/Occultist right now focusing on Fire Strike/nades and cluster bombs while using flash bang and Curse of Frailty to slow down and debuff mobs. Should I be putting more points into Cunning or Spirit since that build is a mix of physical and fire damage.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I'd like to get into this game but can anyone else playing this on high-resolution screens tell me how to get it to work properly? I have a Dell XPS 15 with a 4K screen and upon starting the game the ui is tiny and my mouse cursor is invisible. Alt-enter to force the game into a window returns the mouse, but now the game occupies a quarter of my screen and is even harder to see text. Adjusting in-game resolution to 1080 in the options and going back to full screen doesn't improve the ui at all, but now the game is full screen and I have a mouse. Finally, reducing my resolution to 1080 in windows itself gives me the game with a usable UI, mouse, and full screen, but now my mouse cursor is chunky and pixelated and its a pain in the rear end to switch the resolution back in windows when I'm done playing.

Anyway sorry for the wall of text about my stupid screen, but maybe someone else has run into this and can offer a fix?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Doctor Meat posted:

Acts 2-4 look better than Act 1 but they are all quite visually dull. Thematically I have no problem with the mix of fantasy, steampunk, and post-apocalypse, but the game has very poor contrast and excessive desaturation. The caves just look loving horendous and I do not miss the light radius mechanic from Diablo 2. More than half the time enemies are the same color as the ground textures they are standing on. It really irks me because I would have been totally happy if this game just looked as good as Titan Quest but the art direction is substantially worse.

Titan Quest was so much more attractive. I loved the warm, colorful environments. Game is cool, but ugh on GRIMDARK.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fintilgin posted:

Titan Quest was so much more attractive. I loved the warm, colorful environments. Game is cool, but ugh on GRIMDARK.

Judging by when they started, maybe they were set on providing an alternative for the "colorfulness" of diablo 3 that people were mad about. Same people that are probably still playing D3 to this day.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Sheik90 posted:

This is awesome. Thanks for posting it!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Just saw a very useful thread on the official forums that has comparisons of every devotion skill at level one versus maxed out at level 15:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30184

Manticore really caught my eye here, at max level it shreds armor by 250, reduces EVERY RESIST by 60% and does a good chunk of acid and poison damage in a 4m area, on a 1s cooldown. I really think it might be worth taking even if you have no +acid/poison whatsoever.

e: also blades of wrath can upgrade to 26 projectiles :staredog:

Mover fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 8, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mover posted:

Just saw a very useful thread on the official forums that has comparisons of every devotion skill at level one versus maxed out at level 15:

Manticore really caught my eye here, at max level it shreds armor by 250, reduces EVERY RESIST by 60% and does a good chunk of acid and poison damage in a 4m area, on a 1s cooldown. I really think it might be worth taking even if you have no +acid/poison whatsoever.

In my experience, even after assigning it to the main auto attack, 50% on crit is way too low of a chance on elite, where everything has ridiculous defensive ability. I wish it was something like 10% on hit or something. Falcon swoop is 15% on hit and it goes off rather frequently.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

This might be useful too. A list of all the devotion shrines in the game, in case you forget to pick some up. (Spoilers obviously) : http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26777

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Mover posted:

Holy poo poo, yeah, if Manticore does that that's amazing. I'll have to try and figure out a way to work it into my dual pistol slime bolter build (which I haven't started yet).

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 8, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

nerdz posted:

In my experience, even after assigning it to the main auto attack, 50% on crit is way too low of a chance on elite, where everything has ridiculous defensive ability. I wish it was something like 10% on hit or something. Falcon swoop is 15% on hit and it goes off rather frequently.

Get more OA then.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

The Bramble posted:

I'd like to get into this game but can anyone else playing this on high-resolution screens tell me how to get it to work properly? I have a Dell XPS 15 with a 4K screen and upon starting the game the ui is tiny and my mouse cursor is invisible. Alt-enter to force the game into a window returns the mouse, but now the game occupies a quarter of my screen and is even harder to see text. Adjusting in-game resolution to 1080 in the options and going back to full screen doesn't improve the ui at all, but now the game is full screen and I have a mouse. Finally, reducing my resolution to 1080 in windows itself gives me the game with a usable UI, mouse, and full screen, but now my mouse cursor is chunky and pixelated and its a pain in the rear end to switch the resolution back in windows when I'm done playing.

Anyway sorry for the wall of text about my stupid screen, but maybe someone else has run into this and can offer a fix?

See if this has any effect: Right-click the main .exe for the game > Properties > Compatibility > Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

In terms of scaling your UI, is probably a fix for ya: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17658

Good luck!

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

madstrike posted:

This might be useful too. A list of all the devotion shrines in the game, in case you forget to pick some up. (Spoilers obviously) : http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26777

http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Shrines#Shrine_Locations

This list is easier to look at IMO. In general, the wiki is pretty good now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hy_C posted:

Get more OA then.

Might not be worth prioritizing OA over more important stuff just to increase devotion skill procs, though.