Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I'd like to get into this game but can anyone else playing this on high-resolution screens tell me how to get it to work properly? I have a Dell XPS 15 with a 4K screen and upon starting the game the ui is tiny and my mouse cursor is invisible. Alt-enter to force the game into a window returns the mouse, but now the game occupies a quarter of my screen and is even harder to see text. Adjusting in-game resolution to 1080 in the options and going back to full screen doesn't improve the ui at all, but now the game is full screen and I have a mouse. Finally, reducing my resolution to 1080 in windows itself gives me the game with a usable UI, mouse, and full screen, but now my mouse cursor is chunky and pixelated and its a pain in the rear end to switch the resolution back in windows when I'm done playing.

Anyway sorry for the wall of text about my stupid screen, but maybe someone else has run into this and can offer a fix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Started as a demo thinking I'd do a build similar to the flashbang/gently caress them up in melee build talked about earlier. Ended up taking shaman at 10 because I read they specialize in 2-handers. After screwing around and dying alot I respecced into a stun jacks build and holy crap, this is awesome! The jacks make everything blow up and cause my screen to shake, so thats cool, and later on there's lots of lightning talents in shaman to synergize with. While I went into this wanting to make a melee-focused skull crusher, I'm now more interested in energy regen and electrocuting everything. I'm sure I can make a good melee build as an Elementalist, but I think it's pretty cool how this build I stumbled into works great.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

lilspooky posted:

Hey, as somebody in the same boat who is considering picking up this game did the suggested fixes take care of your problems? Did you have to adjust the DPI settings AND the UI work-around?

I did in fact get it working. What I had to do was play the game in a border less window (this is in the graphics settings) at the screens native 4K resolution. Then I had to go into the config ini file and manually change the UIscale value to 1.75 since the game menu only takes it to 1.25 on its own. This leaves you with a game that takes the whole screen up, has a mouse, and a readable UI. On the downside, the game is being played at a crazy resolution, and while the XPS 15 does a great job, the lower fps are definitely noticeable, but the game is definitely playable.

All in all I feel like I jumped into this 4K resolution trend a couple years too early. Lots of games I play nowadays have weird little glitches I need to work out to make them work!