Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
http://awbw.bulletriddenlich.com/gamescurrent.php?maps_id=30507

Password's 'a'. Standard bans are in effect. Fog's on. 4 players. Hop on in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roonerspism
Nov 12, 2010
Game: Goony-Come-Lately

Password: late

Players: 4, RF/TG vs AB/CI

Banned COs: The usual 5, plus Kindle (82 cities lol) and Sami (HQs are pretty close, also screw Sami)

Banned Units: Black Bombs and Stealths
Lab Units: Recons, Anti-Airs, Rockets (as per map maker's suggestion)

Link: http://awbw.amarriner.com/gamescurrent.php?maps_id=32311

A game for people who are active around this time and missed the last two games like I did - on a hectic, goofy-looking map.

Notes for novice AWBW players: Labs provide no money, but if you capture one then you gain access to otherwise-banned 'Lab Units'. It seems like the map maker has balanced things around the idea that only one player on each team gets a lab and only one gets an airport, which seems interesting.

Also, black tiles appear in this map - Black tiles have 0 movement cost for all units in all weather, but you can't end your movement in them. This means, for instance, an infantry can warp from the top left corner of this map to the bottom left corner as long as there's no enemies blocking the landing zone on the other side.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i apologize in advance for picking nell, it probably won't happen again, but olaf isn't the best choice for team matches

Roonerspism
Nov 12, 2010

Looper posted:

i apologize in advance for picking nell, it probably won't happen again, but olaf isn't the best choice for team matches

I chose Grimm! Your extra damage means nothing to my glass tanks and wet cardboard copters! I'm not owned!!!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
ahahaha well drat

also um aw1 portraits 4lyfe

Roonerspism
Nov 12, 2010
Oh, you know, AW2 was my first.

I do have AW1 unit/property graphics on though, because I'm not an animal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's okay, we shall establish air superiority

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

-- motherfucekr i thought i picked the side with the airport

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i kind of wish all maps defaulted to displaying the countries in order starting with orange star until the match actually begins, so it'd be easier for people (me) to tell turn order and stuff at a glance

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Looper posted:

i kind of wish all maps defaulted to displaying the countries in order starting with orange star until the match actually begins, so it'd be easier for people (me) to tell turn order and stuff at a glance
But then how could I make gimmick maps like these?

Then again, maybe that would be a bonus.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

But then how could I make gimmick maps like these?

Then again, maybe that would be a bonus.

okay that first one is art, complaint rescinded

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Is AWBW down at the moment? I'm trying to comedically fail my turn and it's throwing up a 404.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's offline more often than it's online nowadays.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Is AWBW down at the moment? I'm trying to comedically fail my turn and it's throwing up a 404.

They switched hosting.

Slur fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 9, 2016

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
good bye, diplomacy game

edit: wow I post that and all the games get transferred over

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

good bye, diplomacy game

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

nah it's back

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all our games traveled backwards several turns in time, and some got erased

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Things are actively getting transferred. It might catch up/appear.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

Things are actively getting transferred. It might catch up/appear.

Except replays. Which I need. Now.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Oh, hey, the original site's back up again.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The awkward moment where I forget to cap the airport on my first turn because I'm not used to the UI.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

can we try diplomacy again with people that will actually stick around

:sigh:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

I'd be game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

that guy's profile says he's been around so idk

but yeah i really wanna play a game on that map!

catch_the_sun
Mar 20, 2009
Me too! Let's have a game!

Roonerspism
Nov 12, 2010
I hosted one, everyone get in here if you know you're going to have a free half-hour every now and again for the rest of your life (or at least for the first few turns, come on)

Game Name: Things Will Be Different This Time
Map: European Diplomats

Password: hope

Players: 8

Banned COs: The broken-tier 5.

Fog? As all hell
Random Weather? You'd better believe it.

Link: http://awbw.amarriner.com/gamescurrent.php?maps_id=23587

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i would've made the boot limit like 3 but i admire your optimism!

it might no longer be geographically accurate but i'm still repping my main man

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Glad to see this thread back, it was fun the last time it was around, shame I missed signing up for that tournament though.
Joined that diplomats game in the yellow spot.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Roonerspism posted:

I hosted one, everyone get in here if you know you're going to have a free half-hour every now and again for the rest of your life (or at least for the first few turns, come on)

Game Name: Things Will Be Different This Time
Map: European Diplomats

Password: hope

Players: 8

Banned COs: The broken-tier 5.

Fog? As all hell
Random Weather? You'd better believe it.

Link: http://awbw.amarriner.com/gamescurrent.php?maps_id=23587

I spent a fair bit of time brainstorming what I was gonna do as YC and someone took it here. :argh:

Oh well.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

I'm sorry, is this about me ? My grandmother just died and I've just been so distracted I completely forgot about my turn. :(

Roonerspism
Nov 12, 2010
Oh, that sucks.

Also, people playing the old diplomats game might be confused because it's now mainly being played on the new server instead of the old one - but the guy who runs AWBW said "Just keep in mind that everything you do on the new site will be wiped once I make the final migration. So you may not be able to finish games", so there's no way it's going to get done on the new server.

I'll keep the new Diplomats game up anyway just so anyone who missed the first one can try the map too.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gyre posted:

I'm sorry, is this about me ? My grandmother just died and I've just been so distracted I completely forgot about my turn. :(

i don't think so, but i hope you're doing okay!

it doesn't seem like the email notifications are working which doesn't really help

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Gyre posted:

It actually wasn't at the time, but I feel for ya chief.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Just wanted to say I joined the Diplomat game as TheSteamPunk (man that's an old handle) and I just finished my turn as the dark forces of Austria.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Okay, so I saw Undersea_Magic actually took their turn in the original Diplomacy game, and now I see that they have done so on both the old and new site.

We should stick to playing the original game on the old site since it'll disappear before we finish it otherwise. The only difference currently between them seems to be gyre took their turn on the new site but not the old. Before the migration happens we should really only be using the new site for games that are with 100% certainity going to be finished quickly.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Roonerspism posted:

Oh, that sucks.

Also, people playing the old diplomats game might be confused because it's now mainly being played on the new server instead of the old one - but the guy who runs AWBW said "Just keep in mind that everything you do on the new site will be wiped once I make the final migration. So you may not be able to finish games", so there's no way it's going to get done on the new server.

I'll keep the new Diplomats game up anyway just so anyone who missed the first one can try the map too.

It's full now I think?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Okay, so I saw Undersea_Magic actually took their turn in the original Diplomacy game, and now I see that they have done so on both the old and new site.

We should stick to playing the original game on the old site since it'll disappear before we finish it otherwise. The only difference currently between them seems to be gyre took their turn on the new site but not the old. Before the migration happens we should really only be using the new site for games that are with 100% certainity going to be finished quickly.

ooooh, that's weird and kind of annoying

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I don't have the game on the new on at all, so that'd probably be best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

We did it, we finished day two in Goon Diplomacy!

• Locked thread