Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Mors Rattus posted:

Speaking as someone on the spectrum: jesus gently caress that's mean-spirited, what'd we ever do to you, comics guy

Remember this is the guy who had a breakdown and filmed himself burning the books his Kickstarter funded rather than send them out, and published a huge update about how he hated them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Daeren posted:

Remember this is the guy who had a breakdown and filmed himself burning the books his Kickstarter funded rather than send them out, and published a huge update about how he hated them all.

Oh, is that this guy? Okay, yeah, he's just a fucko.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
gently caress me. I didn't remember the rest of that comic at all. :(

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

FMguru posted:

It was Pictures For Sad Children

whoa look out we got a real badass here :rolleyes:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
In fairness, it's probably less "fucko" and more "near-suicidal depression being channeled into white-hot rage at literally everybody."

They were pretty obviously not well. (I use 'they' because I heard they were transitioning, but just as an internet rumor? The thing about dropping out of all known human interaction is that it makes it hard to canonize your pronouns.)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It's hard to tell, Campbell went off their meds about a year before the book burning and last I heard their mind has not gotten any better. Someone's still updating and paying for the website, though.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 5, 2018

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah, like there's a lot you can yell at the trekkies for, but jesus christ that's really is mean-spirited (and as another person on the spectrum, I admit I am insulted at the implication that everyone on the spectrum is Sheldon)

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Robindaybird posted:

Yeah, like there's a lot you can yell at the trekkies for, but jesus christ that's really is mean-spirited (and as another person on the spectrum, I admit I am insulted at the implication that everyone on the spectrum is Sheldon)

Sheldon has not done good things to the general public perception of the autistic. Or vaguely nerdy people in general.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Obligatum VII posted:

Sheldon has not done good things to the general public perception of the autistic. Or vaguely nerdy people in general.

Big Bang Theory also normalizes a bunch of very very sexist behavior and shows the nerds being rewarded for it with sex.

I loving hate that show and my family can't understand why since "I'm a nerd too".

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Kurieg posted:

Big Bang Theory also normalizes a bunch of very very sexist behavior and shows the nerds being rewarded for it with sex.

I loving hate that show and my family can't understand why since "I'm a nerd too".

A lot of nerds screech about 'nerd blackface', when the issue is really the gross sexism and how Sheldon is basically a walking joke.

There's one gag in particular that's suppose to be a 'ha ha, isn't Sheldon autistic literally mindedness funny' when it reads as 'Sheldon is being a pedantic dick for no reason' (where someone asked him to order imaginary cocktails so she can test her memorization for a job, and he keeps trying to order a pepsi, undermining the exercise - in a way you know he's doing it on purpose.)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Robindaybird posted:

A lot of nerds screech about 'nerd blackface', when the issue is really the gross sexism and how Sheldon is basically a walking joke.

There's one gag in particular that's suppose to be a 'ha ha, isn't Sheldon autistic literally mindedness funny' when it reads as 'Sheldon is being a pedantic dick for no reason' (where someone asked him to order imaginary cocktails so she can test her memorization for a job, and he keeps trying to order a pepsi, undermining the exercise - in a way you know he's doing it on purpose.)

The way I've explained it before is that it's not a show with nerdy jokes. It's a show where being a nerd is the punchline of the joke.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

DicktheCat posted:

I, ah, don't mix that life with my goon life, aside from admitting I draw things for money. I want to remain relatively anonymous in that particular area, so I'm sorry. I don't want them finding me here and vice versa.

Just know I draw some hosed up poo poo while listening to your lovely lovely podcast.

E: Also, rape ogres are common, what the gently caress? Is that like a mythology thing, or is that loving nerds being gross?

No worries! I've just been keeping my eyes open for friendly artists because we're going to need to commission some character sketches soon for a Star Wars AP.

Midjack posted:

I listen to you on my commute, an hour each way. Thanks for being part of my day.

Thanks for listening!

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Kurieg posted:

The way I've explained it before is that it's not a show with nerdy jokes. It's a show where being a nerd is the punchline of the joke.

also a very shallow idea of what nerds are, where 'normal people' somehow never heard of Batman or Star Wars in order to make their nerds, nerds it's clear the writers aren't really nerds themselves or bother to understand it.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

theironjef posted:

No worries! I've just been keeping my eyes open for friendly artists because we're going to need to commission some character sketches soon for a Star Wars AP.

Thanks for listening!

If you give me an email or something, I could maybe show you. I actually came back in the thread at my husbands behest telling me to say so. So, basically if there's a way to contact you outside of sa.

Edit: ah, I hope that doesn't sound super unfriendly.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

DicktheCat posted:

If you give me an email or something, I could maybe show you. I actually came back in the thread at my husbands behest telling me to say so. So, basically if there's a way to contact you outside of sa.

Edit: ah, I hope that doesn't sound super unfriendly.

systemmastery@gmail.com as it turns out.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A bit funny given iirc, most of the TNG actors loved being on the show despite everything. Patrick Stewart thought Shakespeare was good practice for it.

In case anyone wants to talk about something other than TV shows, a friend of mine got interested in Hc Svnt Dracones, wasn't there a writeup on that earlier in the thread? I recall it bringing up some issues with the setting I think I agree on being a bit silly (Corporate-ruled dystopia except with totally-not-UBI?) though there's clearly some parts of the setting that they've put some thought into. Also suffers from the common indie RPG problem of not providing many full-fledged examples of what the characters are actually supposed to do after you've made them.

The whole furry thing is another story, but then, it's pretty clear that it's an RPG made unashamedly by furries, for furries. (Not necessarily the worst idea either; in my experience, if you can get them to stop masturbating for five minutes, furries take to RPGs like ducks to water if they weren't already into them)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

A bit funny given iirc, most of the TNG actors loved being on the show despite everything. Patrick Stewart thought Shakespeare was good practice for it.

In case anyone wants to talk about something other than TV shows, a friend of mine got interested in Hc Svnt Dracones, wasn't there a writeup on that earlier in the thread? I recall it bringing up some issues with the setting I think I agree on being a bit silly (Corporate-ruled dystopia except with totally-not-UBI?) though there's clearly some parts of the setting that they've put some thought into. Also suffers from the common indie RPG problem of not providing many full-fledged examples of what the characters are actually supposed to do after you've made them.

The whole furry thing is another story, but then, it's pretty clear that it's an RPG made unashamedly by furries, for furries. (Not necessarily the worst idea either; in my experience, if you can get them to stop masturbating for five minutes, furries take to RPGs like ducks to water if they weren't already into them)

We've not covered it on the show, but I read it. It had an interesting combat system that revolved heavily around cover mechanics, to the point where you carried around cover-generating grenades), and also had some interesting mechanics for "winning" battles through tactical outflanking and killing morale that were pretty neat. It also had four or five stats that didn't do anything but govern your libertarian starter kit bank account.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The furry stuff wasn't even in the top 100 worst things about Hc Svnt Dracones. You really should read the writeup. It's special.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
HSD has good ideas and can be a fun game but yea you gotta slice a looooot of dumb randian bullshit off before you even start to touch 'wait but this world doesn't make sense'.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
HSD isn't just The Furry RPG, it's also The Libertarian RPG

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'll be sure to send you some links, then.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

HSD isn't just The Furry RPG, it's also The Libertarian RPG

It's also weirdly sexualized and sexist. Male robot-furries can impregnate flesh-women, but female robot-furries can only be impregnated by man-bots. Also shark/dolphin furries have this utterly bizarre body-plan where they have separate legs that merge into a tail just above the knee so that they can wear a bikini in their key art. Despite the fact that the lack of functional legs makes it very hard to put them on.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

theironjef posted:

We've not covered it on the show, but I read it. It had an interesting combat system that revolved heavily around cover mechanics, to the point where you carried around cover-generating grenades), and also had some interesting mechanics for "winning" battles through tactical outflanking and killing morale that were pretty neat. It also had four or five stats that didn't do anything but govern your libertarian starter kit bank account.

Isn't it where if you have the highest starting wealth, you can just buy the best gun and win the game?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Again, furries. Weird sex stuff is entirely in keeping with the target audience.

I didn't pay a lot of attention to the libertarian fluff, though I think I ended up making my own brutally satirical interpretation of the setting as basically genetically engineered pets that outlived their owners and don't know any better. IIRC, it's mentioned that the solar system's population is a lot lower than even modern day Earth, so what amounts to corporate feudalism can actually function so long as they're plentiful resources. I'm not sure it's supposed to be an optimistic future, what with the Earth being completely hosed, but I may be just being hopelessly naive.

Way too much focus on literal accounting, though. Among the fetishes injected into the game, it turns out we had a wannabe Wall Street Kid.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Kurieg posted:

cue laughtrack here.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I have a major hate-on for HSD because for people that worship corporations, they have no idea how they work. It enrages me more than it really should. It's just willfully ignorant.

Like, I can tolerate the stupid furry poo poo, that's old hat by now, it's the libertarian poo poo that gets me.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Again, furries. Weird sex stuff is entirely in keeping with the target audience.

I didn't pay a lot of attention to the libertarian fluff, though I think I ended up making my own brutally satirical interpretation of the setting as basically genetically engineered pets that outlived their owners and don't know any better. IIRC, it's mentioned that the solar system's population is a lot lower than even modern day Earth, so what amounts to corporate feudalism can actually function so long as they're plentiful resources. I'm not sure it's supposed to be an optimistic future, what with the Earth being completely hosed, but I may be just being hopelessly naive.

Way too much focus on literal accounting, though. Among the fetishes injected into the game, it turns out we had a wannabe Wall Street Kid.

the issue is the game treats total corporate control of society is a good thing, when in reality, Shadowrun is more accurate in what happens when corps replace government.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

That'd be a lot more excusable if it had called itself "Hc Svnt Dracones: the transhumanist furry fetish RPG" instead of leaving the off-beat fetishes something to be discovered by the unaware reader.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

LatwPIAT posted:

That'd be a lot more excusable if it had called itself "Hc Svnt Dracones: the transhumanist furry fetish RPG" instead of leaving the off-beat fetishes something to be discovered by the unaware reader.

The cover is literally a panther-centaur with big tits.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

I think that's basically what the actual plot is. The uplifted furries are basically sex toys gone sentient and rogue and having survived the human era.

Honestly most fetish games rapidly turn into a game of "What specifically turns the crank of this author" that the reader gets to play. No one here is anti-fetish, the problem is generally that the author interested in farting their fetishes over an RPG is generally weirdly specific about their fetishes, and unless you match up, you're gonna find yourself saying "Wait, why can't the bio-robots get impregnated by the centaur-fish?" The answer is always just "someone's boner somewhere." It is very rarely also "and yours."

Like FATAL? Byron Hall can't get hard unless he has a signed affidavit that women aren't having any fun in a five mile radius. Furry Pirates? Someone had a huge quivering rod for details about the 1480s sugar industry in Ceylon. Any Satyros Phil Brucato game shows us that he can't gently caress unless it's that sex scene from Zoolander or weirder.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

The cover is literally a panther-centaur with big tits.

I didn't really notice. A warning sign would still have been fine because there's this kind of off-putting thing about getting lots of information about what someone, specifically, gets off on. If the guy behinds Promised Sands really gets off on the thought of Rape Ogres that's his prerogative; it's when he spends over a page detailing it and honour-killing the women they rape in an RPG manual that I feel complaints are warranted.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

by Matthew Gwinn

Promotions, Flaws, and Running Multiple Promotions: More From Billionaire Ted's Wrasslin' War Room

So Promotions have Assets and Flaws that you can get at character generation, but this time Gwinn actually went and assigned point values to everything. Every Asset and Flaw is rated in Advancement Points, and a starting promotion can have as many APs worth of Assets as it wants, provided it also has an equivalent number of APs from Flaws. A lot of these are pretty interesting, at least enough to be worth talking about on their own.

Annual Super Show (Costs 10 AP, 5 if it’s for charity) means your promotion hosts an annual “supercard” which features not only your wrestlers but many from other promotions- the show gets an extra die to the Capacity Roll (explained later, but determines whether you made a profit at the gate) and wrestlers from other promotions have fewer Contract Points to negotiate their guest appearance. This isn’t seen much in America, where WWE’s Wrestlemania needs no outside appearances, but I understand it is a thing elsewhere.

Backer (Costs 20 AP) means you have a wealthy patron (or “money mark”, as they are often called) behind the promoter- they have some influence, but this also gives you an extra die of Resources every time you take it. Ted Turner’s the best example here- for much of its early life, WCW was losing money, but Ted wanted wrestling on his cable networks and had some bad experiences with the WWF so that was that. (Later, after making a profit for a few years, they started REALLY tanking and Ted could no longer save them, but that’s another story.)

Vince McMahon's response to having competition was characteristically mature.

Farm System (Costs 20 AP) lets you do the inverse of the Developmental Promotion approach, and play a company which owns a Developmental fed- whenever you add a wrestler to your roster, they get one mechanical benefit from a list of 7 (including +1 to some traits, and Assets like “The Look” or “Mat Technician”.)

Some of the Assets reflect actual things the promotion owns- a Giant Video Screen (10 AP) adds to production, as does Pyrotechnic Equipment (10, but you can take this up to 5 times), while a Steel Cage (5), Steel Cell(10), or Specialty Cage (20) let you do certain kinds of gimmick matches. Stunt Coordinators (5) make dangerous moves safer. There’s also something called a Lucha Ring, which lets you add dice to a Move Set with high flying aerial moves, but I don’t actually know what this is referring to. Everything I’ve seen of Mexican lucha libre- or for that matter Lucha Underground- uses the same 4 sides, canvas-over-wood as everything else.

Pictured above: Why owning a Specialty Cage may not necessarily be an asset.

Then the Flaws! Bad Credit (worth 10) means you can’t take out loans and must book venues smaller than what your Heat would allow. A Dangerous Ring (10) increases the risk of injuries. You can have a Doctor Feel Good on your staff (worth 10 points) who makes it too easy for your wrestlers to get access to painkillers, and/or you can institute Mandatory Drug Testing (worth 10 or 20) which makes it more likely that wrestlers will get caught doing this (and at the higher level also costs you Resources.) There is no rule saying you can’t have both of these. Watch the fun!

One last one worth mentioning is Rival Owners which means there are two parties in charge who frequently disagree on how to do things. Whenever a wrestler makes an unopposed Clout roll they have to roll twice, and if one roll succeeds and the other doesn’t that means the owners disagree and the wrestler has to decide whether to press anything and risk the ire of the one they go against. It’s an interesting idea.

Basically having point values helps a lot- I can’t tell just how balanced it all is, but these in general feel better designed than the PC Assets and Flaws from a mechanical standpoint. Just about everything has a concrete mechanical effect. I legit get the feeling Gwinn did these later on in development and probably should have gone back and looked at the rules for PC Assets and Flaws and tried to bring them in line.

Advancement Points, like their name implies, are earned in play and used to improve the promotion. One way to earn them is by increasing the promotion’s Heat. After a PPV, you take the average Heat of all the wrestlers on the roster (including Nostalgia Heat) and compare it to their average Heat at the beginning of the series. If it’s lower, reduce the promotion’s Heat by the same amount; if it’s higher, increase it by the same. If the promotion’s Heat increases, it gains Advancement Points equal to the difference.

It’s also possible to gain AP by firing wrestlers! If a wrestler isn’t under contract or has 0 Clout they can be fired at any time. The promotion gains AP equal to that wrestler’s Heat. This kinda makes sense- you’re freeing up money to focus on other things, so it can be a useful desperation move, and it means there’s an upside when you do have to fire someone.

There are several ways Advancement Points can be spent. Medical Insurance lets you heal 1 point of injury form a character for every AP you spend. Advertising can be used to increase Crowd Heat during your next series, also on a 1 for 1 basis up to 10 points. Production and Facilities/Staff can each be increased by 1 per 20 AP spent- the former represents buying better technology, the latter hiring better trainers and giving them better facilities and so on. You can pay for a Special Guest to appear on a show of yours- the AP is used to “buy” their stats (1 AP gets 2 points of Work Rate, Wrestling, or Mic Skills, or 5 points of Heat.) This is paid each time. Finally, AP is used to hire new wrestlers, for a number of points equal to a wrestler’s Heat.

Then there’s a section on running multiple promotions. Basically this is an option for when you have a lot of players (more than five, so the game says)- you can split this large group up, run alternating sessions, even have different people acting as Booker for each campaign, etc. The default assumption is that they’ll be competing against each other, and this makes it possible for wrestlers to be scooped up by rival promotions.

Wrestlers in games with competing promotions get 5 extra Contract Points during negotiations, because they’re more in demand. A wrestler, however, may decline those points and gain either a point of Clout or the “Loyal” Reputation, Booker’s discretion. Characters who jump ship for another promotion reduce their Clout by 1. Also, if a wrestler goes to a promotion with more than double the Heat of the one they’re leaving, their own Heat is reduced by the difference between the two promotions. (Heat can’t go below zero, insert joke about Jeff Jarrett here.)

The section also notes a couple of things. One, that wrestlers can go back and forth between promotions if they’re not under contract (and indeed this happens all the time in the indies.) Two, that there are instances of cooperation in all the backbiting- interpromotional supercards have already been mentioned, but there’s also the symbiotic relationship between a developmental promotion and its parent.

And the rest I will leave for The Final Chapters! TV Deals! Ratings! Venues! Crowd Heat! All that and more (well, an appendix!) Be there!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Inescapable Duck posted:

In case anyone wants to talk about something other than TV shows, a friend of mine got interested in Hc Svnt Dracones, wasn't there a writeup on that earlier in the thread?

http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/purplexvi/hc-svnt-dracones/

Inescapable Duck posted:

Also suffers from the common indie RPG problem of not providing many full-fledged examples of what the characters are actually supposed to do after you've made them.

http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/purplexvi/hc-svnt-dracones-sound-and-silence/

That'd be the "LORE" expansion that explicitly states that the Furry Space Libertarian Space Future Space World is literally post-scarcity in ALL CONCEIVABLE WAYS so... yeah. There is literally nothing to fight for. Ever. The only things that might temporarily be lacking or not present are only because the Benevolent Corporations That Truly Know Best Because They're Controlled By Unaccountable Secret Dictators are keeping them from the furries for their own good for now.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
IMO the libertarian stuff is way more unappealing than the furry stuff - it's why I brought it up.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Robindaybird posted:

also a very shallow idea of what nerds are, where 'normal people' somehow never heard of Batman or Star Wars in order to make their nerds, nerds it's clear the writers aren't really nerds themselves or bother to understand it.

I have every faith that some of them are huge nerds but think that the show is just harmless fun. Or, at least, that it's a good paycheck.

Setting aside that there's no really concrete definition of "nerd."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PurpleXVI posted:

http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/purplexvi/hc-svnt-dracones/

http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/purplexvi/hc-svnt-dracones-sound-and-silence/

That'd be the "LORE" expansion that explicitly states that the Furry Space Libertarian Space Future Space World is literally post-scarcity in ALL CONCEIVABLE WAYS so... yeah. There is literally nothing to fight for. Ever. The only things that might temporarily be lacking or not present are only because the Benevolent Corporations That Truly Know Best Because They're Controlled By Unaccountable Secret Dictators are keeping them from the furries for their own good for now.
Maybe the idea was that you'd go hunting secrets or visiting those weird dimensions? Sort of like Star Trek, except, not like Star Trek at all.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

IMO the libertarian stuff is way more unappealing than the furry stuff - it's why I brought it up.
The economics is really the least realistic part of it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yeah, I'm starting to see the point. I'm still not sure if it's meant to be pro-libertarian propaganda like people seem to be suggesting, or just a poorly thought out setting. It's certainly not like the latter is exactly unusual, especially when economics are involved and even central.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Also aren't the currency rules also such that you can't save money beyond increasing the power of your wallet, but if you have enough wallet to buy one super space gun you have enough to buy an infinite number one at a time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Annual Super Show (Costs 10 AP, 5 if it’s for charity) means your promotion hosts an annual “supercard” which features not only your wrestlers but many from other promotions- the show gets an extra die to the Capacity Roll (explained later, but determines whether you made a profit at the gate) and wrestlers from other promotions have fewer Contract Points to negotiate their guest appearance. This isn’t seen much in America, where WWE’s Wrestlemania needs no outside appearances, but I understand it is a thing elsewhere.
I think these rules make sense if you're running an independent annual like the Brian Pillman Memorial Show, which pulled in people from WWF and WCW.

quote:

There’s also something called a Lucha Ring, which lets you add dice to a Move Set with high flying aerial moves, but I don’t actually know what this is referring to. Everything I’ve seen of Mexican lucha libre- or for that matter Lucha Underground- uses the same 4 sides, canvas-over-wood as everything else.
Lucha libre rings have stiffer ropes and harder maps. This is good for aerial moves, but it's why you see luchadores do mostly rolling bumps, instead of taking flat back bumps. You don't want to take a powerbomb in a lucha ring.

quote:

You can have a Doctor Feel Good on your staff (worth 10 points) who makes it too easy for your wrestlers to get access to painkillers, and/or you can institute Mandatory Drug Testing (worth 10 or 20) which makes it more likely that wrestlers will get caught doing this (and at the higher level also costs you Resources.) There is no rule saying you can’t have both of these. Watch the fun!
This was very fun for the WWF in the 90s.