Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I guess I need to try harder next time. I sure felt like dying from boredom as I went through the Neotech 2 core book. Shame I can't get my hands on the others (without spending money but gently caress that, those books are not worth 50eu by a long shot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Highly illogical population numbers are honestly a staple when it comes to RPGs.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Just came up on the latest System Mastery on Amethyst. A 4th Ed licenced book that features a Mendel heirarchy for inter-fey breeding results. The most famous fey race that every human can recognize and generally know the customs and traditions of have a population of 30,000.

Funny enough I was initially going to list that as an example I was listening to that episode today. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Numerna, it's lions all the way down.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

One reason why I've never liked Corruption mechanics, because usually there is either no way to clear it or the way to clear is so costly or laborious that it's far better to shrug and possibly make a new character.
Not to mention the usual "You lose your PC after a certain threshold" drivel.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Seriously, Haunted Indonesian Orphan really seems like someone half my PCs would make friends with, and endeavor to beat up her spirit bad influencer, her mom, her dad, any of those mean girls that are still alive at school, and basically everyone else in her backstory.

:same:

Although I realize if I ever made a Werewolf PC they'd be inclined to guide the Luna killer and Lune onto a better path as well.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Night10194 posted:

13th Age is a game I really want to see get a second edition with Jonathan Tweet launched into the sun where he can't constantly hold it back. The helpful 'this is each author's commentary' thing in that book really helps show you how much almost every bad or boring idea in that game came from him.

A 2nd ed for 13th Age would've been nice yeah. I did enjoy playing that even if some of the design choices *coughroguescough* weren't all that spectacular.
Not sure how I manage to pick the classes with the least interesting options whenever I play D&D or D&D-likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Night10194 posted:

You picked a non-magicman in a d20 game where one of the creators spent the entire design process saying 'we can't throw out X terrible d20 design decision, it's tradition!', I'm afraid.

I love how the Rogue being the 'complex martial' boiled down to 'hit people someone else is already hitting' and 'have a completely useless momentum mechanic'.

Should mention the other class I was referring to was 5e Ranger. :v:
And even then I was running with the revised ones and that felt kinda lacklustre in general. If they had a spell selection that didn't suck or was hyper specialized I'm sure they'd be a bit better.
Or I'm just bad at decent char gen, might be an option too.