Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Speleothing posted:

No, you and Mors Rattus are missing the point. We don't need the whole book rewritten in the thread, only a discussion of it. Actually typing up pages and pages of descriptions of totally normal animals is a waste of their time. They could just put in a couple of notes on the things that are overpowered, or weir,d or nonsensical, or broken and move on to a new chapter or something.

Personally I'm liking the Zoobooks write-ups.

Writing pages and pages about RIFTS and OGL offshoots are also a waste of time. Dude, people throw up their F&Fs onto the bonfire, it all burns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Seatox posted:

Reset-time-anywhen-you-like is the domain of computer games, where the book keeping is automated and player agency is limited by the inflexibility of computer game rules.

C0ntinoum is a f&f I read on the inkless archives. It goes HEAVY DEEP into the book keeping required for time travel. Every player is required to keep a journal of all time from play start to end of campaign. It is BANANAS, you can use a special move in TIME COMBAT to summon a future version of yourself to help, you will accumulate time frag untill you play out your future self going into your past self's TIME FITE.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My character concept is an Innocent or Redeemer who marries into a vampire or ghoul family unbeknownst to him. His first encounter is on his wedding day as a rival vampire clan decided to spike the blood bowl with crazy blood that caused the bridal party to decend upon the groomsmen.

The central conceit is that dude still loves his wife, but he is a bit peeved that everything he knew and loved had to die and they haven't said sorry.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sign actually looks hella cool with those write-ups. Real potential for transdimensional tourism there, gonna steal the hell outta these locations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mors Rattus posted:

Sig: Manual of the Primes
The Soul of Iron

Iron Cities, by Emily Griggs
Beliefs
Society is more important than the individual.
I against my brother, my brother and I against strangers.
War brings honor and glory.

So much dense detail. How does any of this get to the table? Well, I suppose it all doesn't have to... But coming up with a through line to get 5 or so folks to tour through these worlds seems daunting.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

SirPhoebos posted:

So, what's the whole point of having a house in Invisible Sun?

Every session reads like a magical nerd script to MTV Cribs.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It seems possible to strip the mechanics outta this and run an Altered Carbon rpg. I want... I want to see RPGs books based on properties that are 70% plot synopses again.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cooked Auto posted:

Highly illogical population numbers are honestly a staple when it comes to RPGs.

Just came up on the latest System Mastery on Amethyst. A 4th Ed licenced book that features a Mendel heirarchy for inter-fey breeding results. The most famous fey race that every human can recognize and generally know the customs and traditions of have a population of 30,000.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Glorantha also seems to try real hard on those historical details. They try REALLY hard, much harder than necessary.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Halloween Jack posted:

No medieval setting is tryharder than Harn. There's like a whole supplement if you just want to model the cabbage output of a manor without ever running a campaign.

BRB found my first F&F entry

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

JcDent posted:

It be this:
https://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/wapole-languray/monte-cooks-invisible-sun/

Specifically, the box the game came in.
Also a reference to Se7en, I guess.

That is a Hellraiser rear end cube.

One day I'll play in a cypher style Monte Cook game so I could play my homebrew dictionary Dope Wizard who is Entombed On an Airbrushed Van or Samurai Jack who Has a Working Cellphone.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
You hear about Wizard Rick? He had his 8th kid and leaned Disintegrating Beam. Gonna go to his next baby shower to ask which dope spell he's gonna name his 9th after.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Seatox posted:

1 Acumen. They don't even have to be a romantic partner or spouse! :barf: That's for the romance arc! :gonk:

But... You get bonus for doing someone an action with someone you have a bond with.

Complication Idea: the person you have a mechanical bond with is your dude friend. You and him have to fight it out on Wizard Maurey to find out WHO IS THE WIZARD DADDY. Your spouce retreats to the ho couch back stage, it grants wishes in exchange for tears.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Seatox posted:

Does a panel van count as a site for the Building Arc? Because you could farm Acumen by re-detailing it over and over with panel art of your trashy wizard deeds.

As wizard GM I declare it against the spirit of the rules to paint over your Legendary Panel Van. You must journey back to the Yard of Junk and Build a NEW GRANDER WIZARD VAN. Also you can't do unless you Aid A Friend for Wizard Larry. He told me in advance about his Fall From Grace Magickal Meth Addiction.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I read the description and I felt like I was getting activated.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

megane posted:

Don't forget that it's an equally valid level-up strategy to attempt to build a doghouse in your backyard and screw it up.

I enchanted my dog house to levitate with Gale speed. My Snoopy always dreamed of being the Red Baron, but he didn't read far enough into the history book to learn that the Germans lost the war.

+2 Dispair

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Actually raising the child is highly XP inefficient though, which, certainly brings some implications.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Groverhous houses the traveling hot couch that these idiot wizards roam the land in. They are honorbound to let you sleep on the couch, in exchange for gas, grass, or rear end. They will even give you a towel off the floor to use as a blanket.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

mllaneza posted:

Zine Quest continues !

Beat the Boss. A PbtA game built as a training aid for labor organizers.

Holy poo poo I need to know more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Night10194 posted:

This is how you end up with the Earth Defense Force trying to arrest God on the charges of starting poo poo, then hitting him with an airstrike.

And/or any other JRPG with God but the EDF example is simply the best one because EDF rules.