Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Put me down for wanting a game based on tokusatsu and the magical girl genre. I've even been pondering a mechanic for the characters transformations and how their powered forms work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Count Chocula posted:

This is so cool - it's psychogeoraphy, the Situationist derive, that Hellblazer spinoff about Chas where The Knowledge is a magic spell. And it's all real magical practice. I'd just call it anything other than 'runewalking'.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9rive

It also reminds me of an episode of Urusei Yatsura where Ataru accidentally summons a demon because the route for his morning jog matches the demon's personal sigil.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Kavak posted:

Aha! You're the one behind all the Lum avatars!

Actually, I made this one myself.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

That Old Tree posted:

I mean, maybe years ago it would've been nice to come up with a word or words for better examining things as "accidentally gay-bashing/racist/misogynistic", but I think it's pretty firmly established now that "homophobic" or "racist" are everyone's go-to regardless of context. We liberal commie SJW scum have allowed ourselves to be mired on this particular battlefield where assholes whine "I'm not literally afraid of gays/I don't literally hate women, therefore no u."

I'd say that there isn't going to be a way to protect this kind of language from being co-opted by jerks, without screwing with language itself.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
The Links would probably be better off in an Aysle-dominant space than Living Land. Because then at least you've got magic stuff you can use.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Regarding Rifts Japan, I'm wondering if it could be much easier to nix the idea of splitting the country into seperate nations? Like have the Imperial family and the Shinto and Buddhist groups under a traditionalist umbrella, while the corporations and scientific interests take a more futurist side, and the government are caught trying to work between them? I know that a lot of RPGs of this type had a thing for Balkanization, but I just like this idea more.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

DalaranJ posted:

Good discussion. Now I want a Tenchi Mayo rpg about strip mall karate gyms that are secretly ancient masters.

So I guess what I'm saying is I want a Ranma 1/2 RPG. Preferably one not saddled with a garbage system like BESM.

Aside from TFOS mentioned above, I wonder if FAE could be useful for such a game...

Covok posted:

X-post from pick-up games thread:

Teenagers From Outerspace tomorrow (7/20) at 8:30 PM EST? Silly 80s anime rom-com comedy in tabletop RPG form. Ursei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, whatever. 2-3hrs Thursday at 8:30 PM EST on SA TG Discord: https://discord.gg/XZATMEb

And I'm probably gonna be staying awake all night for this.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Asimo posted:

Huh, I'm realizing I guess I stopped grabbing RIFTS books around the time New West came out since I remember literally nothing about it. I mean I know I have some that came out later like Psyscape, but I guess I stopped caring and grabbed a few random ones or something.

On the topic of BESM, yeah most of the RPGs they did were either "things that was kind of big in mid-90s anime fandom" or "stuff that aired in syndication/on cartoon network or SciFi at the time". Which means there's some random forgettable crap, since that's just what licensed anime was is like. Although it does make me wonder a bit about a few things... I have a friend who worked in the anime industry back in the day who had some interesting stories about how insane a lot of the demands were. Like companies couldn't just license some big-name title, they often had to wind up getting a bundle of less popular (ie unwatchable poo poo) along with it to drive the overall price up, with the hope that they could make the money back on the high-profile title. I can't help but wonder if GOO wound up having to deal with a few licenses like this; it would at least explain why stuff like "Demon City Shinjuku" or "half of Tank Police" somehow got books, above and beyond GOO's other spendthrift issues.

I think that may explain how Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos got licensed and put out on DVD. I do remember Neil Nadelman on Anime World Order saying that show was "licensed by accident", so...

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
That whole post on tabletop roleplaying and morality makes me think about the oWoD people who are pro-Technocracy or don't like the old Changelings. I never really put much truck with that kind of thinking, mostly because I'm not sure if it's really responding to whatever flaws the "heroic" world view has, or just "rooting for the Empire" contrarianism.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Mors Rattus posted:

Wait, when did not liking oChangeling become equated with pro-fascist contrarianism?

Really, I was thinking more of rooting for the Autumn People. I probably could also mention Heroes from Beast, but they would have more cause for justification than the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Andrew Graham, British hunter and marksman.