Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

You know, you can play and enjoy a game without having to engage in bog-standard progressive virtue signaling the whole time. Playing a game that requires you to adopt an alien or even oppressive ideology does not mean you explicitly endorse that ideology. I can see how someone who was raised in a fundamentalist home might prefer to play something else, which is fine: to each their own. But it's not really a strike against DITV that it exists in a particular moral structure. Games like Exalted or even traditional D and D require you to adopt pretty alien moral viewpoints that I would argue are much more repugnant than DITV's patriarchal Mormon analogy, but DITV is just close enough to our real lived experiences to be uncomfortable. Its hard to hate someone like a traditional Gygaxian murderhobo since you've never met someone like that but it's all too easy to hate Jerry Falwell: the Game.

For what it's worth I've played DITV with a group that ranged from lefty to super-mega-lefty (and I'm closer to the latter than the former) and we loved it. We found the moral questions it asks of you fascinating.

I just don't want to play a game where my existence would cause people to start ritually murdering each other. I don't think that's a weird reaction to have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Oh yeah, the good old women lie about being raped trope. gently caress off.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Seriously this thread is littered with reworks of Beast in a desperate attempt to make it a good game. Let it go.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
OK so the AI is a demon, mad science hellship, I get it, but why didn't Hellstromme, who presumably wants the PCs to succeed, give them a heads up? "BTW, the ship's AI needs murder to get its motor running," that's all he'd need to say! I mean I realize the answer is because this is a lovely adventure but even so.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

unseenlibrarian posted:

It is! I would kill for a Fault Lines Trilogy HBO series but man, I don't think you could do 'Edison's ghost as vaguely sympathetic character' these days just from internet backlash about Tesla.

Just because he's terrible doesn't mean he deserves to be eaten by a hobo.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Do the Investigators get Dream-Quest style cat buddies? Please say yes! :3:

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Down With People posted:

Speaking personally the problem with Orga is that if I introduced her to my majority gay girl group I would lose weeks of sessions to having to play through dates, weddings and lives of quaint lesbian domesticity.

Is this a plus or a minus?

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Considering Rose Wilder was a libertarian and a big fan of Hitler, that's not as big a contrast as the book seems to think it is.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Feels a bit off the mark if Elder Things perform it, since they're basically the oppressive aristocracy as is.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Kavak posted:

No, the shoggoths are dressed up as the elder things, their old oppressors.

Sorry, misread.

I suppose Blackjack was too good to last. :(

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Yeah, I don't think they'd get past the creepy tapestry that is an exact copy of the village before shooting Kcerca in the back.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Poor Mehmet, he tries so hard!

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
I think the octagonal grid is my favorite part because it sounds dumb enough to be a plausible internet argument.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
I can't get over the "infinite perytons until your PCs stop trying to fly" bit, that's such obvious railroading to no apparent benefit.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Cythereal posted:

That's an actual message you can get in Neverwinter Nights 2 if you, well, befriend a giant magical spider. :v:

Later she weaves you a cloak!

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Does this mean that Reis is working at a mechanical disadvantage or did she not technically break the charter by selling out her fellow signatories?

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Is there an ETA on when Panic! At the Dojo is out for non-backers? I don't see it on DriveThruRPG yet.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
AdEva looks like hot garbage but the idea of a pilot that goes to sleep and lets their mech do all the fighting amuses me. How playable is it? (For a given value of playable anyway.)

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
How stupid do you have to be to be tricked by a Khornate goddamn. Also is it actually common for Sigmar to appear in the heads of his followers and tell them what to do? From your writeups he seemed more like a god of good government and diplomacy, not so much a divine revelation sort of guy.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
I had fun with our Feng Shui campaign but jesus there's only so many ways to describe "I shoot him with my Franchi" before you get bored. If nothing else buying abomination powers was something to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

"Trying to Be Jack Vance" is itself a classic D&D dungeon littered with the dusty skeletons of those who tried and failed

Which is weird considering how little dungeons feature in his work.