Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

PurpleXVI posted:

Honestly, though, this sounds like a hilarious adventure/starting point for a BC game: The players were part of some raid that went wrong, and they got left behind on the Imperial world of Philanthropos IX or something. And until they can hijack a ship and get off-world, they actually have to pretend to be loyalists for a while. Spray-paint the marine, cover up the mutations with makeup, cardboard and big cloaks... and of course flim-flam the hell out of the locals who might not exactly be stupid, but have certain huge blind spots because of Imperial bureaucracy and ways of doing things.

"Dammit, how am I going to hide the giant mutant horn on my head?"
"Easy, got that sorted. You just wear this giant, ridiculous hat with a skull(to hide the horn) and these cardboard capital i's I spraypainted gold... then you claim you're an Inquisitor, no one will dare ask any questions."

Claim that anyone about to catch on to their true identities is actually a traitor/heretic and subject them to some ridiculous "test of faith" that will get them killed.

"Well, Desmond, if you're telling the truth, then the blast furnace won't incinerate you because you'll have the Emperor's protection, but if you're lying, it'll incinerate you."

I think there's an adventure there, really. At least a short one, if you're not unwilling to add some comedy to your game.

This is actually how I ran my Black Crusade game. The players were the remnants of a chaos army that had been soundly smashed by the Imperium. They spent awhile on the planet doing ambushes, trying to do disguises, and figuring out how to fit a chaos space marine sorcerer in a Chimera without anyone getting wise to it. Eventually they managed to commander a shuttle and hijacked an Inquisitorial frigate where all the prisoners were being taken. Then off to the Screaming Vortex for fun and games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

wiegieman posted:

Life wizards are the backbone of the Empire's agricultural system. The Empire rarely experiences famines, and they don't have trouble with droughts because of the Celestial college.

All the different orders have great reputations. No one likes the shadow wizards because they're regarded as thieves, the amethyst order (wind of death) are considered one step above necromancers by the common folk, metal wizards are heavily involved in alchemy throughout the empire, and fire wizards are considered extremely dangerous, but you always want them with you when you go to battle. Who doesn't want a guy who can throw screaming skulls of fire at the enemy?