Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Man you are the last person to be judging how people write about The Mysterious Other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Trust me, we all knew that already.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Nations of Theah.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Cythereal posted:

Call me old-fashioned, but that's how I see the relationships. She hasn't admitted either relationship publicly, and in my eyes that's not a good sign.

Yeah it's super weird why a monarch wouldn't want to announce who they're dating as though marriage had some sort of political facet, surely this only arises because Elaine is cheating(?) somehow despite complete consent with everyone involved. Obviously.

As a bisexual dude who has previously dated separate people of separate genders with all parties being aware and cool with it, I didn't cheat on anybody because I didn't tell my parents or whoever the gently caress else who I was involved with.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 12, 2018

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, it is, you judgemental rear end. Thanks for insulting my previous relationships with people I still deeply care about because I guess I'm aberrant and wrong to have loved them at the same time.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Ah, yes, the unfortunate tendency of those with autism to dehumanize others. Nothing to be done I guess.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

JcDent posted:

Extremely triggered by AK-47 and M60 falling under the same category and being classed as SMGs.

Could you actually loving not?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If by “left-leaning progressive” you mean “ Stalin was right to send in the tanks, actually”.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

JcDent posted:

But that's the think: TYW Swedes are not vikings... but they are in the game.

I'm just saying that the Khazars don't summon the images of Cossacks.

Fine, all of my criticisms of the game are invalid, I'll shut up.

Have you considered just not being the most intellectually lazy poster instead of getting offended and claiming you’re taking your ball home when people call you out on your bullshit?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, I don’t see “assassins that control light” as anything more beyond the pale then “musketeers that rip bleeding holes into unreality”.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Boy howdy that sure reads like a LotFP adventure, yeah.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Holy poo poo, my dude.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, with the first pitch I was really hoping for something more along the line of Harrison’s Deathworld but man is the actual fluff uninspiring.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I mean, what do you think he used on that fig tree?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Do goofy supertech because I want to see the tabletop rules for just loving throwing planets at people faster than the speed of light.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Cythereal posted:

Oh, the Skaven. I know a lot of people love them, but I've never gotten the appeal. To me, they're a fundamentally pointless enemy to fight beyond the immediate. In the long run, you can never invade or destroy them. But because they're Skaven, in the long run they'll never succeed, either.

They're just there to be annoying.

Find replace Skaven for Necromancy or Chaos and it’s the exact same, though?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Cythereal posted:

And all this is why I find the Skaven so utterly boring as a race and force in the setting. You can't wipe them out, and they're never going to take over the world, and they have no goals or desires of their own except taking over the world.

They're jobbers just like the Beastmen, and an even bigger joke to me because they typically job to themselves.

Again, how is that any different than capital C Chaos?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Hey could you not go slinging slurs around when discussing elf games please?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
“Hey come hang out on my sweet pirate ship and if anyone asks you can totally say I kidnapped you”

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Here we loving go again.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, it was a joke, based on the idea that the source material, such as Tanith Lee, is full of incredibly-powerful beings getting dunked on because they're petty and lust-addled; therefore a genuinely asexual being would stand astride the Flat Earth like a god, untouchable and unhorny.

Oh thank god, they were otherizing and fetishizing minorities as a joke, which is a much better position to be in, erasing people’s experience but as a jest.

Also ‘genuinely asexual being’ gently caress all the way off.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Night10194 posted:

One of the things I like about the X-Card in Spire (and I know they got it from elsewhere) is there's no explanation. You just toss the card on the table and the scene's done.

Of course, that’s also one of the major weaknesses of the X-Card as a single method of handling these situations, but that’s a much deeper discussion and is way off the topic of Exalted being bad at things.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It is super easy to just not use slurs, generally speaking.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And Laws and company killed them off in FS2... :(

Good. “Actually the conspiracy theorists are right” had more appeal in the 90s but it honestly sucked then and definitely loving sucked in the year 2015.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Not going to lie, a martial arts version of that Shade short from a couple years ago would be pretty dope, but then again so are a bunch of those conceptually but ol’ Monte is incapable of allowing anything interesting to exist in his games.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I don't think you can translate away all the racist garbage, that would move it to the territory of rewriting the game entirely.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Lugh’s doofy epithet is probably a reference to the story of his entrance into Nuada’s court, where he offered his services as twelve or thirteen different jobs that were already taken by the greatest at whichever in the land. His response was “but do you have someone who can do all of those at the same time” and was granted a position as the second best at everything presumably to give more flex to the court’s bench.

EDIT: Also I’m pretty sure the bit about Dian Cecht needing the head of someone to heal them is a reference to his son Miach. Which is weird, because Miach’s head was basically bisected by his dad in a fit of jealous rage after Miach outdid him by healing Nuada’s missing arm when Dian Cecht could only figure out how to strap on a dope silver robot arm. Extremely Good Aligned Deity behavior.

Double Also the fact that Nuada has a dope silver robot arm/hand means he can’t be the king of the Tuatha so I presume that’s why he’s not the head of the pantheon.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 18, 2019

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
This is getting real close to surpassing “Ars Magica is full of boring history stuff, what’s the point” in bad reviewing.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Honestly Ravenloft is the only D&D setting where the wonky population numbers make sense, because it’s a handcrafted Disneyland of suffering instead of a place where anything could be said to be naturally occurring.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I can’t really speak to the third edition version of Ravenloft as I haven’t read any of it, but for a setting that is explicitly a horror game world the fact that this city is always bustling and filled with urban press but there’s just. Not enough people to do that. Is pretty creepy! I doubt there was any sort of developer intent in making that happen but that doesn’t invalidate the potential of this packed city where there are demonstrably only eleven thousand and some people in it, and so on and so on.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 2, 2019

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Torn between asking for a sample Wildcard or Albatross.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The X-card is actually an extremely good rule that is occasionally used to paper over other due diligence but if you find yourself complaining about it every game you review that doesn’t sound like an X-Card problem.

Like, as fun as it would be to routinely explain to people I want to play pretend games with every situation that would be a trauma trigger I don’t actually have an annotated list of everything that’s going to be too intense in the heat of investment so being able to say, without having to explain, that we need to do something about this is a very good thing.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Making it an explicit mechanical thing is actually part of the reason the X-Card is effective, so this is extremely a ‘you’ problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, there's a vanishingly small amount of things Werewolves care to murder that conventional explosives are more effective on then their bare claws. They are exceptionally optimized to murder things, which is why a lot of the game of Forsaken is confronting them with problems you cannot actually solve with murder.