Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Don't you eat it in the evil ending?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Covok posted:

Why do Magical Girl TRPGs always always seem to be either grimdark or involve court politics or both?

It's because they don't have any young girls in the audience.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It doesn't fit with the mad max aesthetic/themes of environmental degradation and systematic control of resources. It'd be neat somewhere else.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

The Lone Badger posted:

If Beast is part of the NWoD aren't 'Heroes' better handled with H:tV?

Heroes are cartoon villians or out of place good guys. Hunters are generally normalish people.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm not a huge Pathfinder fan either but if there's a class that lets you play a magical Doof Wagon Guitarist I have to give it at least my brief attention here

This just got released for apocalypse world so they'd be beaten to the punch.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
These lessons aren't rules of physics, they only need to be learnt because people are doing this stuff.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

chiasaur11 posted:

Thinking about it, if I had to play Beast, it might be fun to run with the It's Always Sunny gang. But what lessons do they teach?

Don't do whatever they do.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
"There's actually no difference between good and bad things. You imbecile. You loving moron".

The denim avenger claims another rear end.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
What if the beasts were the klan and enforcing lessons about knowing your station and obedience? Just make the worst thing you can.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I heard a horror story about a Rift Supers game run at my old meetup where the characters were caretakers to a superman analogue who was stripped of his powers and left a wheelchair bound, mentally disabled moron. None of them had powers either. There is no limit to how stupidly dark a superhero story can go.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That's all I know. Basically after the intro they all got confused and nothing happened.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
So is hell real in bnw? Demon summoning is really conspicuous.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The idea of a demon training camp teaching proper daemonyness to new recruits is crazy. It's like a human school for having flesh.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Wizards aren't hard anyway. You pick a thing from a list and do what it says. There's just some simple book-keeping.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Actually I was looking forward to it, based on a system mastery recommendation. Pathfinder's interesting because it goes in directions you wouldn't expect constantly.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Alien Rope Burn posted:

That definitely took a bit for you to circle around. I think there was a point there was supposed to be music and it just goes to silence and then back to the talk? :raise: Also, what about Jolly Rancher Watermelon soda? Because for me that's the worst soda I've ever tasted. Try it sometime! Let me know how awful you think it is. Because watermelon flavor, amirite?

And I'm inclined to think J.U.N.K.H.E.A.D. is now official Rifts canon as far as I'm concerned.

I love junkhead and I'm glad I asked the question. After reading the Fatal and Friends Demon writeup I'm down for a Glob Machine.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I cacked up on the train at the art historian on hitler joke. Game seems alright too.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Thats way too many rules for demon pregnancy.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I just email at systemmastery@gmail.com and they always answer my dumb questions about D&D but with.... and why podcasts always talk about ghosts jacking off.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
A supervillian union and talent agency is a pretty neat idea, shame it's going to get eaten by the metaplot.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Which is the timeline with the cyber-apes?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Simian_Prime posted:

Digging those Madlands monsters.

They're really cool and actually fit with the setting, even more than Glorantha.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Someone make a game about drunken fancy german mercenaries fighting Land Sharks.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I've only had the chance to play DMR games like Queers and Quacks, Duck Dungeons, Merry Mallardies and Duck20, but never the original. Thanks System Mastery for showing me the classics.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The only really possible way I can see to do this dungeon is to have a way to get the demons on your side with some sort of binding spell or power. They aren't going to give a gently caress about a lot of the traps and maybe a few of Acerak's attacks.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Celestial badgers still need air and poo poo, right? The dungeon's in the negative energy plane, the badgers will immediately suffocate if they're lucky.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Or just call the cops.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
But I'm not sure werewolves have ever been metaphors for substance abuse, unless there's a didactic buffy episode I haven't seen. Mostly it's just suppressed emotions like Jekyll and Hyde. They certainly aren't in any WOD stuff, considering they're dealing with spirits half the time and White Wolf couldn't keep a consistent metaphor to save their lives.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Probably cheaper to do on his part.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Modrons are pretty drat stupid, there was probably a piece of paper somewhere that said the torture rack had to have x number of victims and the pentadrone was an appropriate choice.

E: The leaders probably nabbed them, this is just a lab for people doing the operations.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 1, 2016

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

I'm personally more of a Promethean.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Just got the book and I'm liking what I see, aside from how many times genitalia pops up in the random charts. Imagine the mood of a table when after killing an innocent man, you roll a 16 and your dick falls off.

Edit: seriously dog why is the Demon Lord so obsessed with making dicks fall off, why would you come up with Desires End

E: the aesthetic of this game is primarily masks and dicks

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 9, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Why would you do this in the middle of the adventure, in a place with absolutely no way to get a new character?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Green Intern posted:

The Hanged Man Nephilim that Jef and John mentioned in their review (guy made of fire pretending to be abnormal person) sounds a lot like Demon.

Demons have the God Machine to worry about, Hanged Man Nephilim seem to just do it for kicks.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I don't know why you'd go for the nice oubliette when you can just give them a helm of opposite alignment.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I have no idea what the appeal of shadowrun is. The setting is a mess of stuff that doesn't work together and everyone hates the system. Is cyberpunk 2020 that bad?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Dave Brookshaw posted:

Do you want Genius: The Transgression? 'Cause that poo poo's how you get Genius: The Transgression.

Kinda? It's a bad WOD game, but Mad Scientist is an underrepresented class.

E: actually there's a guy in my star wars game who's playing a Slug-obsessed scientist, and frequently mutters about transfusing slug blood. Might want to be cautious about a whole game for that.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 19, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That'd be really boring though.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I laughed my lungs out at Grendel's Mum, thanks.

E: the game is fascinating for how opposed this is to characterisation at all. You can't even decide if you're a rapist or not.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Perhaps you haven't been properly traumatized by the surprising number of RPGs that delight in having magically superior lawbreaking exotics that are either literally or figuratively Romani.

It's a thing and it's dumb.

Even Blue Rose had them. I respect that the pun name 'Roamer' it's very clever but it's never tactful.