Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

PurpleXVI posted:

Fuses Nightmare to Fist is also just such a clunky-rear end name.

Like, come up with something snappier. Knucklemare, maybe.

Hostile V posted:

Fightmare.

Fight Terrors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Tibalt posted:

Anyway, onward to adventure!

This is one of my favorite pieces of RPG art. The art direction for FantasyCraft was great.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Didn't one of the World of Darkness books explicitly say that the WoD was a shittier version of the world where people do just go missing or die of "spontaneous blood loss" in dark alleys and regular people just look the other way?

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'm looking forward to the rest of your review of EP2.0. It's one of my favorite settings I've never had a chance to play in.

EP 2.0 posted posted:

A Note On Politics posted:
Eclipse Phase delves into numerous political themes; in fact, we start with the premise that everything is political. Like all authors, we write from the perspective of our personal biases. Our specific lens is radical, liberatory, inclusive, and antifascist. If you support bigotry or authoritarianism in any form, Eclipse Phase is not the game for you.

Do you hear that, in the distance? The sweet sound of a CHUD going apoplectic and then exploding.

EP 2.0 posted posted:

...Reputation, not wealth, mediates the exchange of information and services...
This, IMO, was a lot cooler idea back before, you know [gestures at the current hellscape of social media in 2019].

8one6
May 20, 2012

I've flipped through the book a couple of times and according to the art the game is about a Cyborg-gorilla and his pal Robo-squid who shoot guns at robots.

(Sorry, I just love the contrast between "Existential horror/Am I really me/poo poo is teetering on the brink of hosed" with "Cool nova-ravens don't look back at explosions")

8one6
May 20, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Much of the point of early Warhammer was to avoid just that!

This is my "favorite" part of talking about Warhams with one of my friends (especially during the Chapterhouse lawsuit), how you can trace back pretty much every part of Warhammer Fantasy back to "We were selling/publishing/whatever D&D and CoC in the UK for TSR/Chaosium but we don't like actually paying them for it" and very lightly filing the serial numbers off of it. (and then 40k/Rogue Trader is almost literally "Warhammer Fantasy, but in space!")

8one6
May 20, 2012

LatwPIAT posted:

Me, I just converted the entire game to GURPS and used GURPS: Spaceships. :shobon:

Eclipse Phase may be the only game/setting where GURPS is the more elegant rules set to run it.

(Not trying to poo poo on GURPS. I like GURPS.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Do I want to know?

You don't.