Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Kurieg posted:

Part 3: Maneuvers and Stances

I read these posts last night and had a dream where I was Wonder Woman as a Crusader, and now I want to make that character.

ToB was easily my favorite book in 3.5. All the games I joined that incorporated it folded before I got to do much of anything, sadly. In particular, I never got to exploit the hilarious out-of-combat potential of being able to break everything with Stone Dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I just binged this whole thing, I'm really enjoying your write up! I like the structure, even if the occasional scenario falls flat and the overall milieu is a bit grotesque for me (someone just has to get their eye ripped out for the game to proceed?)

And once again, Dreamlands ends up being the best part of Lovecraft by far. The eternal gratitude of cats :3:

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 22, 2018

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Feinne posted:

I'd imagine you definitely can't do that while the train's possessed.

Given the Prince is a bullshit rear end in a top hat I'd personally consider having the investigators find a bunch of explosives the Brotherhood were going to use to cover their tracks at the end of this little train ride that they could put in the Simulacrum's crate and light the fuses just as they push it into the Prince's car. That or have a bunch of cats just show up out of nowhere and gently caress him up. A Felis ex Machina if you will (I probably didn't decline felis right there but I do not care).

That literally happened in Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath. Carter gets enslaved by evil toads who take him to the moon, but fortunately the cats maintain a military base there as an outpost against their enemies, the giant cats of Saturn, and the general there is the grandfather of a cat he fed milk to.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Down With People posted:

Having already acquired the Fez (or 'a' Fez, more on that later)

I'm picturing him sending out some minion, who then goes "boss wants a red fez, got it" and just buys one at a hat store.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

unseenlibrarian posted:

I could see Junji Ito making fez zombies loving terifying, but this is not a Junji Ito story.

"Nice hat! Are you a haberdasher by trade, sir?"
"Oh, no. This fez was made for me."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Down With People posted:

The Whispering Fez is written in Persian and hieroglyphics and takes only 24 hours to study. It teaches a bevy of cool hat-based spells, letting the sorcerer use the Fez to control other Fez-wearers, tap them for magic or spawn entirely new Fezzes. It also teaches the ritual to destroy the Fez permanently, but more on that later.

"Arrest Fez Decline" is still my favorite thing to come of this so far, but this is a close second. The secrets of darkest Fezomancy!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Ettin posted:

This isn't really the thread for Atlas Shrugged chat!

There has to be an Ayn Rand d20 out there somewhere.

Actually an officially licensed Bioshock game would be awesome.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Battle Mad Ronin posted:

We'd probably do the same if it wasn't for television.

That's basically what roleplaying is, if you think about it.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Bieeanshee posted:

A stray paragraph in a Planescape book suggests that the Phlogiston is basically the Prime Material Plane, but I'm not sure that was ever really made canon.

:eng101: The Prime Material Plane canonically refers to all the crystal spheres as well as the phlogiston. They're pretty consistent about this;this poster that came with the Planescape boxed set is a good visual example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

ProfessorProf posted:

ACES LOW (Gunkata Boss)
A flashy high-ranking enforcer who likes putting on a good show, working for whoever you need them to be working for. Riddles the party relentlessly with small amounts of damage. Eschews gender binary, mercy.

Oh, same.