Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
John Wick the Man must have loved the first half hour of John Wick the Movie, but lost interest once Keanu started making any progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Of all the Prince tributes I've seen this week, this is the most unexpected.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Young Freud posted:

In fact, there should probably be a cinemancer spell that increases weapon effectiveness: grenades make giant propane popper explosions, large-caliber handguns throw people around knockback or can shoot through multiple assailants with Spielbergian overpenetration, body armor can stop anything with no blunt trauma, etc.

Cinemancy's domain covers illusions and artifice, so despite those being very real cinematic tropes their power level falls a bit outside of what they can do. (Though I suppose you could have a grenade that seemed to have a much larger explosion than it really did, or a grenade that throws people nearby without actually hurting them much.) The two gunfight spells Cinemancy does have rely a bit more on illusion than your examples: I'm The Guy With The Gun allows you to fire way more bullets than your gun can hold without reloading, so long as you never stop shooting, and Stormtrooper Combat Training makes all gunfire miss you--so long as it's fired by a mook. Anyone with "rank" is unaffected. Beat cops can't hit you, but a detective or a SWAT team will.