Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Night10194 posted:

Anyway, speaking of mass murder, here's the army in Bretonnia in Warhammer Fantasy: Knights of the Grail

This is extremely my poo poo, and my favorite army in Warhammer. Where are you getting this from? Post more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

OvermanXAN posted:

Man, everything you're saying about Brets sounds fantastic, Night. Keep telling us more :allears:. Any good anecdotes?

Bret is my absolute favorite fluff in a game full of great lore. You could pluck anything out of warhammer fantasy and transplant it into another similar setting, and it'd be the best thing. In Warhammer it's just 1 little piece of world building silliness.
(Sorry if that's :goonsay:)

I keep re-installing Total War Warhammer just to play the Bret campaign.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I read that splatbook, and I guess couldn't read in between the lines as much as Night. Never stop posting. I'm in flavortown.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I remember playing a game of 40k, think it was Deathwatch, and something like auto-fire is more accurate and more damage than single target sort of sniping.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I would be extremely down to play from WH on roll20 or a chat program or something.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Knight helmets are fantastic.

(granted, this is an empire knight)

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
We'll never know. Bret, along with Tomb Kings, was discontinued as far as Age of Sigmar. I think they also confirmed that the Brets were being lied to be because the Lady is a Wood Elf, and tried to keep them weak by telling them it's unchivalrous to use missile weapons and stuff to keep a thumb on them. Basically the worst poo poo ever.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Night10194 posted:

I think being discontinued rather than dragged into Age of Sigmar is really a plus for a people.

I'm just sore my favorite faction got "squatted". The Cav nerfs also made it so the Empire has better Cav than Bret pretty much. I'm just sour about the treatment of the army.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Don't they also say that Gilles is reborn, keeps the secret of the Lady's elven race for morale among his knights, and then we get the line about Skaven murdering everything?

I'd also like to see that undead Bret cav. I never saw that.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, but I also like the unconfirmed nature of those things. The End Times tells us that the Lady is Lileath.
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Lileath

Also, Louen gets beheaded. Lileath raises him to "godhood" after, but nothing comes of it.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 28, 2017

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Other stuff:
- Lots of Bret nobility becomes vampires.
- Louen's bastard son starts a civil war that fucks up everything.
- Green Knight revealed to be Gilles. Beats up a whole bunch of people, then declares Errantry War on all of Bret's enemies.
- Plague kills 50% of all peasants in Bret, making Nurgle happy.
- Lileth (still going by The Lady) tells Louen that the Empire is key to the safety of the world. Louen leads a fuckton of knights through Athel Loren, slaughtering Beastmen (so the Elves can settle), and saves Empire.
- Lileth reveals that everyone who drank from the Grail will become part of the next human pantheon after the world restarts.
- A stupid giant Sigmarine stomps around and kills stuff.
- Gilles leading Blood Knights, Red Duke rejoins temporarily and they go kick rear end. Could be a good story, but nothing comes of it.
- Fay Enchantress sacrificed by Volkmar to summon Nagash's spirit.
- The remaining knights that stomped off to Altdorf to save the Empire are told that The Lady is Lileath, and get super depressed. Duke Jerrod (Quenelles) tells Bela'kor (the big fuckoff demon prince) where Lileath's secret back-up world is (where Louen and the Grail Knights are), ending any hope of the restart she planned.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 29, 2017

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Sorry, I was typing fast. I meant to say she was sacrificed ALONGSIDE Volkmar. He's dead, too, for Nagash.
(is that better?)

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
One of my favorite end times thing is that each of the chaos gods sent a champion to help out Archaon, and Slaanesh really liked how Slaanesh the world of WHF is, and so he/she sent his/her weakest champion to help in hopes they fail.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I didn't mean to derail. Tell us about hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Night, I was looking on the F&F archive and was reading your old WHF posts. Did you ever finish em? Last post they have is the one about Morr. I'd love to read more. Do you have them collected somewhere?

E: Not talking about Grail Knights stuff! If it in this thread, could anyone with the ability to check post history help me with a page number thereabout?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 31, 2017