Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Nessus posted:

My guess is that it is a completely artificial mystery included so they could just say "this is the far future of Golarion!" and be able to completely ignore factors like "how would their stuff have expanded, what is going on here. Who conquered who and when?" etc.

My experience Wednesday was of a supergrog at the FLGS complaining about how exactly this ignored factor was total bullshit for at least an hour before I packed up and left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Hostile V posted:

Roboter. Machiner. Toastermensch.

Very nicely done.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Cat Necromancers

SOLD!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Tibalt posted:

Man... Now I want to play a game where you're a blues musician who is trying to stay one step ahead of ol' Scratch, using mojo and music.

This is mostly a separate thought.

My brother did exactly that in Unknown Armies. If memory serves, he was trying to find Big Rock Candy Mountain, which would be the only place he would be safe.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Glad to see thay the Conversion Beamer is about as terrifying in this as it was in the wargame. Fond memories of blowing apart gigantic enemy units first turn with that thing in 6/7th edition. (It had a unique property that made it stronger the farther it was from the target.)

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

When a Deathwatch marine goes back to his Chapter, he’s still allowed to talk about tactical/strategic matters that directly relate to defeating the enemy, he’s just not allowed to talk about anything that he did while with the Deathwatch. So he could mention that this new type of Tau tank has a weak spot in a specific place but he couldn’t say how he learned this or about any specific times he’s exploited it.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

One thing that I only discovered recently about Deathwatch that pisses me off: Watch Station Midael. When you read the core book, it’s this lonely tower staffed by a single Deathwatch Battle-Brother who’s slowly but surely losing ground as he fends off xeno assaults over the years. If you look for more details in the supplements, the station has been wiped off the map entirely and no longer exists.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Nessus posted:

Well, grim darkness, only war, etc. Do you mean they cut it off the edge of the maps or that it was explicitly destroyed?

Explicitly destroyed. While I understand that sort of thing happens, it’s kind of weird to just erase a setting piece like that after planting the seed.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Has a release month or date been given yet for Wrath and Glory? I didn't see one browsing their site but I'm really interested in seeing how it turns out. I like the basic d6 system but there's a lot of advanced stuff that I can see making or breaking the game.

GenCon of this year.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

White Coke posted:

Hopefully they'll release rules letting people include Bloodaxes in their groups.

Orks are a playable race, so I don't see why not.

For those who are curious about the new system I did a couple of infodumps here and here based on what we know so far.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Angrymog posted:

I always figured that there's more than one Navigator on board too - the PC is just the boss one.

Nope. Most ships just have the one, owing to how rare they are.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

We solved the “Navigation is hell of boring” problem by having everyone run a bridge character and an away team character. (I ended up getting into the game late and playing the Archmilitant and the Void Master, :shepicide:.) It worked okay but Navigation checks were easily the worst part of the game, especially because we were using the Navis Primer version. Play ground to a halt while one player made a series of rolls to determine exactly how hosed we were, every time.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

A few minutes ago, my wife asked me what "John Wick Presents" was, since one of our friends just got a job there. It took me a minute to realize she was talking about the RPG company and not like the movie property. Then she asked why I was cackling madly and I got to explain it to her and watch her face journey as she realized exactly what a lovely decision our friend had made.

Thank you, thread. Thank you so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

About loving time they tossed out all the stuff with Desus.