Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015
It's like the clan was not a particularly good idea for serious stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Halloween Jack posted:

My very brief drive-by analysis of the situation is: Mental degeneration in WoD games is generally based on a Romantic idea of "madness" instead of a serious treatment of either ethics or mental illness. This is a big stumbling block for every version of its Morality/Sanity sanity systems prior to the new system introduced in God Machine Chronicle. (Anyone doing WoD: Asylum?)
That's a reason why I like Silent Legion. Seeing an Eldritch spider assassin monster or reading from the Not-Necronomicon just fills your head with weird, non-Euclidian knowledge.
She definitely deserves some pizza.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Mr. Maltose posted:

If I make a pulp game where the Chinese get a racial bonus to perfidious villainy it would be both genre accurate and also very bad, so I don't see why mental illness as the wage of sin gets a pass.

Finally a game where Ming the Merciless can be a stat (MtM).

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Pieces of Peace posted:

Is... is this adventure name actually a reference to the Dinosaurs TV show, of which I can only remember that terrible catchphrase and horrific puppet abominations? I mean, I know not to expect class from late era TSR but geez, talk about your references that haven't aged well.
Dinosaurs was a brilliant sitcom and one of the finest works Jim Henson has ever touched.

Night10194 posted:

Living Dungeons are the other actually pretty great thing in 13a. I'd forgotten about them.

It's hard to imagine D&D dungeons any other way, what with their generally absurd quantity in any given setting.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Barudak posted:

So does the sensor add on meaningfully work against minimissles, or can you just overwhelm it with even more missles.

Is there a problem that can't be solved with even more missiles?

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Cool cars don't need doors.

"Rolling Thunder" All-Purpose Vehicle

Another flex-fuel feature-laden vehicle made by Northern Gun, this one is a dune buggy that somehow has less M.D.C. than the Road Boss. I guess it's made out of mega-damage fiberglass or something. Well, with its low protection, you friends can at least die faster together. In any case, it can go up to 166 MPH, has a rail gun that does middling damage, particle beams for good damage, and a minedropper system that could be pretty neat if there were any rules for placing or avoiding mines.

Do MDC objects deal MDC damage if you use them as thrown weapons? Aka can you instagib people by throwing a tire at them?

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

The MLP crew go on adventures all the time though? Like, they climb up a dangerous mountain to stop some kind of megastorm at its peak and have to deal with avalanches, narrow walkways, gaps that have to be jumped (by the wingless ponies), and lightning strikes.
It seems to be a Ryuutama kind of deal, except even more detached from murder-hoboing.

(Though I'm pretty sure the community will write some fansplats for grimdark, post-apocalyptic murder-hoboing.)

theironjef posted:

We wanted to ride the zeitgeist of the Talislanta Kickstarter happening, so we covered Talislanta. Some other edition. It is impossible to read in a week, this is a lot like reading an RPG by James Joyce.

Hey, something I actually read myself.

SirPhoebos posted:

I got a question about Tails of Equestria: The "Laughter" Element of Harmony is supposed to map to Pinkie Pie, which sets off my fishmalk alarm. Obviously you can't just exclude that arch-type because she's a main character, but does the book at least have some advice on how to play that character without irritating everyone at the table?

But which Element of Harmony is Batman's?!

Wapole Languray posted:

You didn't read 4th then, as that has a literally 300 page long gazetteer of every nation and culture on the continent. Also, every version of Talislanta is free online: http://talislanta.com/?page_id=5
I had to take a couple breaks while reading through that one because there's it's just so dense. Every page has so many cultures and places.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015
Just relax about Maid. After all, there's at least one actual hentai RPG out there. Untranslated, but still.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Mr.Misfit posted:

What? Chris Fields body of work is available in english, you know...

But I bet he never used covers that I'd have to censor if I wanted to put them up here. Full frontal futanari nudity and everything.

Though not that I could do that atm if I wanted to, because I can't for the life of my find this game again. Dammit <_<

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Tsilkani posted:

Useless knowledge activate!

The one you're thinking of is Zettai Reido, or Absolute Slavery. There's a page about it on 1d4chan, but I'm not linking it because NSFW in the slightest.

Thanks. I was starting to question my SAN score.

Tsilkani posted:

The author ended up changing the name to Tokyo Brain Pop a few years back, after legions of customers begged him to.

The new name still sounds way too exciting.