Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Austria felix nube
Mar 17, 2017

Bella gerant alii, tu Austria felix nube.

Deptfordx posted:

I like the dynamic cover. Nice to see a dwarf who isn't a barrel with limbs as well.

It looks like it's almost a copy of the first Dragon Age RPG (by Green Ronin) though. I mean it's too similar to be just a coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austria felix nube
Mar 17, 2017

Mors Rattus posted:

To the extent that they started the fashion trend of slashed doublets. See, if your garish, expensive clothing is slashed, it’s proof you had the skill to kill a guy and take it, leaving slashes.

Until they started making preslashed clothes, anyway.

That's really interesting — is there any literature on this you would recommend?

The (couple of) history of costume books I've read never elaborated that much; they usually focus on the sartorial function of the slashes (to display the fabric underneath, much like 18th century polonaise gowns, in which the robe was pulled up to better display the petticoat underneath), so assumed the slashes came into use just to maximize ostentatious displays of fabric.

Austria felix nube
Mar 17, 2017

Mors Rattus posted:

It appears the thing I said was an idea contemporary writers had based in the behavior of Swiss mercenaries in the 1870s, but the fashion may predate that. The best citation I can find is Laver’s Concise History of Costume and Fashion.

Thanks!