Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Zereth posted:

Like Medusa, which is in fact a proper noun! Calling the creatures "medusas" is like calling vampires "draculas".

Kind of had to, Gorgons in DnD were metal poisonous bulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

MJ12 posted:

The trick to understanding oWoD is that the three gamelines are not really set in the same universe. They are basically set in three similar universes with different metaphysical assumptions, which share a handful of defining metaplot events. Think of the difference between Vampire and Mage or Werewolf like... the difference between the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the normal comic books. There's a lot of shared names and events and congruence, but once you look past the surface level you can see a lot of differences.

And yes, in nWoD mages are still God Tier with an immense abyss between their power levels and everyone else.

Which makes what the new owners say kind of disheartening.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

U.T. Raptor posted:

:science: komodo dragons turned out to actually be regular old venomous in the end.

This prompted to test the saliva of other lizards and find out the it was not rare at all, causing herptologists to look sheepish and change the subject when they asked about why no one ever checked.

Also like the theory that Komodo Dragons are a dwarf island species of the larger mainland ancestors.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Down With People posted:

Ehhh, I'd disagree. I don't think he's committed any mortal sins but once you get past all the tryhard satanism he's just your garden variety grog. The first thing he did when he got back into RPG.net was post a sycophantic review of Carcosa, and he defends dudes like Mentzer on his blogspot.

Also he's definitely a libertarian and a self-described real estate tycoon, which happens to poo poo me off personally.

But he's definitely got passion, I'll give him that.

Its weird living in the city where he lives/(lived?) You could find a copy of Empire of Satanis at local game stores, also remember being surprised to see a picture that he made at the local Goth/Industreal club the Inferno.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Nessus posted:

Nowadays it seems like people would embrace the oppressive cosmic horror because it would feel more "mature" and "realistic." I definitely want to see more dreamlands content in general, though.

Another reason to not like CthulhuTech, they nuked the Dreamlands.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

PurpleXVI posted:

The plot starts when a part-timer at the CXS sneaks home an alien mind control gadget to use on his boss at [lovely employment location] for a raise and some general leeway. Or starts selling alien gizmos and plasma weaponry in alleyways to pay rent, because he can't find another part-time job to make ends meet.

Doesn't that happen in the first episode of Torchwood?

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Second edition of Eclipse Phase fixed a lot of first editions flaws, fewer skills, easier character gen, bodies that don't require you to remake your sheet to use. It is in a free play test right now.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

PurpleXVI posted:

Anyway, the cover is... I wanna say pretty goddamn 90's. I also kind of want to know who the hell THE BRÜNE is, to deserve a pseudonym while everyone else goes by their real names. On the first page of the book, where everyone else is capitalized normally he, she or it is also in ALL CAPS. Seem to have been a primary artist for the game, as far as I can tell. If you can believe it, SenZar also has a pretty hefty flock of playtesters(credited, anyway), somewhere close to 80. And, as a charmingly 90's touch, all of the creators' "how to get in touch" email addresses are @aol.com. That's totally going to date the book even if nothing else gave it away.

I am friends with one of those 80 play testers who talks about how he tried to save it, I could forward any questions people have about the history of the game.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Mors Rattus posted:

Mnemon is one of my favorite characters in the entirety of Exalted at this point, and I'll get into why when we get to her stat writeup. Suffice to say: she is a pretty complex figure and is neither fully good nor fully bad. And she's a really good grandma.

Glad they retconned away the whole "eternally 16" thing. Would still have her blowing up the Heptagram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Thesaurasaurus posted:

If she does, run.

Luckily it is a lot easier for Lunars to get shapes without killing the target in this edition. Also a lot easier to do sacred hunts. No more stalking a mouse for six hours.