Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
I'm nowhere near my copy of All Flesh Must Be Eaten (and haven't paged through it in a while,) and I can't remember if there are any options for zombies that fly... but I'd love to see stats for flying zombies. Who breathe fire. Flying, fire-breathing zombies. Like dragons, but zombies instead.

I'll admit, I'd watch a made-for-tv, SyFy, schlock flick about a zombie plague that turns people who die of it into flying, fire-breathing, zombie dragons, because you know that'd be totally batshit crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend

Count Chocula posted:

Please stat out The Zombies as Lord Raptor-style rock and roll zombies.

This, I would also deem as more than acceptable... though I don't remember The Power of Rock :rock: as a zombie ability. It really should be, though, especially with how popular they are on album covers.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend

Hostile V posted:

Trogdead the Zombienator (because if we're doing zombie stuff, why not just bring back other stuff from the mid 2000s?)

I love these zombies. So much. Well done! The Super--Trogdead you proposed with 'Weak-Point: None' reminds me of that crazy flying demon-like boss from the House of the Dead series, except this one breathes fire instead of summoning bats.

You know, there's something else you could do to make the standard Trogdead zombies a bit more unusual/dangerous. Give them 'Weak-Point: Stomach' to represent all the flammable gas gathering up in the zombie's stomach as a vulnerable spot that could explode with enough trauma, or 'Weak Spot: Heart' to represent some kind of weird fire-heart organ that movies sometimes like to give dragons to represent from whence the fire comes. And then they explode. Which is another zombie power.

Hostile V posted:

Buzzby, Queen of the Zees, may not be sapient but that doesn't mean she's stupid. She came to realize that mankind and its world were a threat to nature and their primary goal of pollinating all flora everywhere. To that end, she started pumping out more and more drones and workers, sending them out in large groups while letting one or two of them slip away to assimilate themselves into human hosts. After a year of work, the Zees struck back against their creators, having turned their hosts into mobile beehives to carry them through the world and provide nesting grounds for the army of gigantic bees.

Not to spoil the Deadworlds or anything, but these Zees highlight one of the reasons I love All Flesh Must Be Eaten. It really comes out and runs with the idea that the zombies could be caused/powered by pretty much anything.

EDIT: No "I think." It just is another zombie power, I went back and reread the AFMBE post on zombie powers.

Drakli fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 6, 2016

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Say, Hostile V;

Are you planning on doing all of the AFMBE books? Like, say, Atlas of the Living Dead? I have bought most all the books in PDF format, because (at least most of them) are pretty great, (I do remember a couple of them being a bit meh, but not which ones,) but the core book and the Atlas are the two I have in actual physical copy.

Atlas of the Living is probably my favorite because of how well it really chronicles and Monster Manual-izes the undead from around real world mythology, legend, and folklore, with a few renditions of pop/horror culture staples like modern vampires.

Admittedly, the familiar old adage states good zombie stories are really about people and the breakdown of society, rather than the monsters themselves.

But I really love monsters.

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
I liked All Flesh Must Be Eaten (the core book,) (and later, really adored the Atlas of the Walking Dead) but Enter the Zombie is the book that got me on the wagon for buying PDFs of all the other books in the game system.

Enter the Zombie just looks at its subject matter(s) and goes 'gently caress Yeah!', opens up the turbo, and floors it. Movie style martial arts and gun-fu rules, zombie PC rules, rules for zombies with Ninja Scroll level crazy powers.

It's all very modular, too. I mean, they say that zombies don't have to follow human limits on ability scores, but I don't see why Wuxia martial artists need to either, and I can see it very easy to justify some super secret mystic traditions allowing their artists to animate their hair or turn their fingernails into shuriken. I've seen wilder martial artist films/anime.

Hard Boiled Corpses is one of those Deadworlds I'm surprised isn't already a zombie/cop flick, because it's a very creative and well realized idea. It's also very modular, and I could see it set anywhere where there' are big cities, powerful criminal organizations fighting beleaguered cops, a corrupt secret government program, and a seriously bad drug trade.

Also, now I'm just gushing, which is probably the reason why I'm not the one doing a Fatal & Friends summary of AFMBE.

Heck, 'I've kind of been over with zombies for a while now, and I still really dig this game.

Drakli fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 30, 2016